Listen up, anyone still out there!
384 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

         Aight y’all readers! This is Plant and I am here to speak! The finale is freaking hard! Like god, there’s like six different events and a bunch of perspectives to consider and pacing and shit! I’ve even come up with five completely different ways to start the next chapter! I finally did find a way to write the chapter eventually, but... I’ve spent a lot of time thinking and I’ll be honest, I think it’s best to end things here.

         This has been amazing, but I think the sunk-cost fallacy has really done me in. I never really wanted this work to have so much weight over me, and right now I legitimately can’t tell if I’m still writing to appease the readers or because I myself want to write. The thing is; this type of dilemma isn’t new to me. Every hobby I have ever taken; drawing, music, robotics, I feel like I’ve always taken them for the sake of proving my worth to other people. But this is different. I want this to be different. I love writing, and I want to continue writing for a really long time. So I don’t want this to end up like everything else. I want to have something that I love for myself, and no one else. 

          My initial intent in first posting Our Death Flags was to get over my fear of posting things. Intentions evolve and change, and that’s fine, but I don’t like this now. I want to create original works, and I don’t want this to be a chore that I have to finish just to get to the thing that I actually do want to do.

          If I really, genuinely want to continue this novel, I’ll do it for myself, and I will not post it. I feel like that’s what I need to do to see if I genuinely want to write this story.

          If you ever do see an ending posted here, then… I don’t know what my future self will have been thinking, but I, my past self, understand. So don’t feel too guilty, possible future me. I’ve said this multiple times to myself; I really hate making promises, and I think the whole idea is stupid. But maybe that’s just a fear of commitment? Either way it’s ironic considering I technically promised to finish this novel.

          Anyways, this novel has been an amazing experience for me. I’ve learned so much since the start of it that I can’t even put into words. And I’ll use every bit of that experience to create something like at least 1.1 times better than Our Death Flags! If you want to read more of my work, check out my contribution to Arant Chronicles. 

 

I might put up outlines of what I had planned for the future novels of this fan-rewrite. As for the ending of this novel; 

Harold convinced the Summeragi to help him win back his parents. He did this by saying that the Phoenix Tears potion was how he figured out the method to VP farming; they both operate on utilizing a large amount of nutrients in a short time span. So Harold brought some Pheonix Tears as a proof of concept, but mixed them up with the expired VP’s he’d been drinking to conceal his strength. Norman is also left behind to be Lifa’s primary caretaker, as the only one that Harold can trust. Harold feels very bad about not being able to see Norman for a long time, but is also proud of himself for being able to solve a situation on his own.

The End.

With this, I technically finished it! Hehehe!

7