56. Special Interest (T)
493 3 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Content warning: partial/temporary mind control, mild sexual content

Our trip to Toronto was originally just supposed to be a few days. Sam and I planned to spend a day in the car, a night at a hotel, a day visiting her mom, then another day getting back home.

Now almost two weeks late we were finally on our way home again. After twelve days spent mostly sitting around waiting, we had fifteen minutes of action and now we were looking at about twenty-four hours of driving before this whole expedition would finally be done.

Sam was behind the wheel to start but we'd swap at some point, tomorrow morning maybe. She could take the first half and I'd take the second. The shotgun and revolver were on the floor of the SUV behind my seat. I'd already texted Rueben to let him know we were on our way home, and at Sam's suggestion I told him not to call us. Otherwise he'd have been on the phone with us demanding to hear the whole story, and we both agreed that was something we needed to do in person.

She and I didn't have much to say either, we were both just looking forward to getting home. I ended up dozing a bit through the night, and at dawn we put on our shades and traded seats so Sam could get a bit of rest while I took the wheel.

It was just after sunset Thursday evening when we finally pulled into our spot in the condo underground parking. Sam and I grabbed our packs, I stuffed the revolver into mine and did a poor job of concealing the shotgun. Someone tried to get into the elevator with us but Sam used a combination of auras and the guy quickly changed his mind while being distracted enough to forget whatever he might have seen.

And at long last the two of us were finally home. Clothes, packs, guns, everything wound up scattered around the floor between the front door and our bedroom. We weren't even all that tired, it was just so nice to be back at our own home and in our own bed.

We rested a bit, stood naked on the balcony watching the city nightlife below us, and curled up together on the sofa and watched some old movies on the TV, and just generally enjoyed the hell out of being home again. About the only responsible thing either of us did was at one point Sam fired up her laptop and made arrangements to send her mom a bouquet of flowers for her birthday.

• • • • •

A little over twenty-four hours after our return home, Sam and I got dressed up to visit the club. It was Friday night and the club was like our second home, we both missed it almost as much as our condo.

While I was doing my make-up and checking my hair, Sam was busy with her phone for a few minutes. She finally tucked it away and joined me in the bathroom to do her lipstick.

"Were you texting Reuben?" I asked. "I hope he handles the news ok."

My girlfriend sighed, "I think he'll take it ok. He'll be upset, sad, but I think he's probably suspected since we texted him from the car?"

I asked "So who were you texting?"

She smiled, "I was checking in with Vanessa. I told her we'd be at the club tonight if she was still interested. I told her to come by around midnight, and suggested she could bring a friend."

"Why?" I asked. "We just ate a couple nights ago. A snack would be ok but we don't need a full meal."

Sam shrugged, "No, but we'll have two more mouths to feed pretty soon right? We've been fucking around in Toronto for two weeks instead of finding more willing humans to help feed our new progeny."

I grimaced, "Ok good point. Good thinking."

She smiled and gave me a kiss, then said "Let's go. We've kept Reuben waiting long enough."

I sighed but couldn't argue with that. We didn't waste time tonight with a mock-patrol or anything like that, we just walked straight from our place over to the club. It wasn't very far and the mid-October evening was cool but not cold enough to bother either of us.

As usual we went in the staff entrance, and found Reuben already in the office. Sam and I joined him in there, and closed the door behind us.

He got up from the desk and gave us both hugs as he welcomed us back, then the three of us sat down again. Reuben was behind the desk, Sam and I in the guest chairs.

"So what happened?" the big man asked in a wary tone.

Sam and I spent the next thirty or forty minutes telling him how it all went down, starting with our last meeting with Jess Daniel and Kathryn and ending with our brief visit to the mansion. We'd never told Reuben about the protective tattoos before, but we told him about them now. We didn't say anything about Penny of course, since she asked us not to. Finally, Sam got to the part of the story where Slúag Julian tried to possess her but was repelled by the tats. I didn't actually know some of those details till Sam shared them with Reuben, but it made sense of what I'd witnessed.

And when she told Reuben that the Slúag took Jess after it failed to take her, we both saw the look of sadness and loss on his face. He may have been expecting it, but it obviously still hurt to hear it.

"I'm sorry Reuben," Samantha said in a soft, compassionate voice. "I honestly can't say whether Jess was working for them or playing both sides, but I don't think she was ever on our side."

He quickly got control of his emotions and his expression, then just nodded stoically. "I understand Sam. And maybe it's meaningless, but in a way I'm glad it wasn't you that killed her."

After a few minutes, I picked up the story and told him I took down Olivia, Kathryn, and Daniel, then Sam made sure they wouldn't rise again. And on our way out to the car I dispatched Victor and a couple other guys who'd been in our way.

"After that we just got in the car and drove home," I said with a shrug. "Nearly two weeks of wasting time waiting around, then fifteen minutes at the mansion, and that was it."

Sam added, "The fuck of it is we'll never get the money, you know? Not that I believed we ever would, but you know what I mean. At least the Slúag are gone, and we probably won't hear from the Family ever again."

Reuben shook his head, then sighed and finally said "The important thing is you're both safe. You made it in and out and got home in one piece. I'm glad for that."

"Thanks," Sam told him. "We're glad to be back home. You don't know how glad we are, it's wonderful being back here and seeing you again."

Then she gave him a sad look and added, "Having said that, if you want to take some time off that's totally ok. If you need to mourn or just want some time for any reason..."

Reuben shook his head, "I'll be fine Sam. You know I've been prepared for this sort of outcome since she betrayed us four years ago."

I told him, "Prepared or not, we know you two were close. If you need some time, take it. You don't have to be all brave and strong and stoic, ok?"

"Thanks Tara," he said with an embarrassed smile. "I'll think it over. For now I'm not going anywhere, but maybe I'll take a few days next week."

Me and Sam both got up and sandwiched the big guy in a couple hugs which made him blush.

"How about you two quit embarrassing me and go enjoy your club?" he suggested. "I've got more work to do in here and I'm not getting it done with you girls bothering me."

Sam grinned, "Ok Reuben. Don't work too hard. And we might have a couple humans drop in around midnight, we'll probably need to borrow the office for that."

He just nodded then shooed us both out so he could finish what he was doing.

We spent some time on the dance floor, both Sam and I stopped by the DJ booth to say hi to Megan, then eventually we headed up to the second level to just relax and enjoy the ambience of our club.

It was just about midnight when Sam and I both spotted her. Sure enough Vanessa was back. We saw her moving across the dance floor below, and she had someone with her. It was another woman, she was about the same age and a few inches taller, with short black hair and fair skin.

They stopped at the bar and got drinks, then made their way up the stairs. There was an intense, excited look in Vanessa's eyes as she approached our table. Her friend looked somewhat wary and uneasy.

The two women were holding large fruity cocktails. And neither were exactly dressed for clubbing. Vanessa was a little more stylish, wearing heels, tight slacks, and an attractive blouse. The other woman wore jeans and a pretty top. As I looked them both over I wondered if this stranger was Vanessa's girlfriend, before I realized I had no idea if our cop was gay or straight.

"Hello," the police lady smiled at us. "May we join you?"

Sam and I exchanged a glance, her look said she was letting me handle this for now.

"Of course," I replied. "It's nice to see you again Vanessa. Who's your friend?"

They sat down across from us at the table, and Vanessa handled the introductions. "Samantha, Tara, this is my friend Hannah. Hannah, these are Sam and Tara. They're the ones I told you about. And they own this club."

Hannah continued looking wary, now she also looked a bit skeptical as she greeted me and Sam. She commented, "You two look a little young to be in here. Hard to believe you own the place."

I asked her, "What brings you here Hannah? What did Vanessa tell you?"

There was a slight flush in the tall brunette's cheeks, her answer was something that embarrassed her.

When she didn't respond right away, Vanessa answered "Hannah's a bit of a closet goth. She's got a thing for vampires. I told her she might really enjoy meeting you two."

It was funny seeing the expressions on the taller woman's face while her friend was talking. There was surprise and even a little anger at having her secret passion revealed. Then confusion as to how that interest related to Sam and I. She obviously hadn't been told we were vamps, she probably had no idea what to expect.

Before Hannah could start to protest or storm away in a huff, I cast my feeding aura at both women. I kept it fairly mild at first, just enough to get them both feeling good and relaxed.

Vanessa bit her lower lip and sighed, she'd obviously missed this and was eager for more.

Hannah relaxed in her chair and took a deep gulp of her drink, then in a calm, lazy voice she asked "So what's the connection? You two don't look very goth. Neither does the club."

I replied with a smile, "After you've finished your drinks, Sam and I will take you both into the office and show you."

That brought a wide grin to our police woman's lips, and she wasted no time getting started on her cocktail.

Sam smiled as well, and the two of us made small talk with the two humans. Under the influence of my aura Hannah became a lot more talkative and we found out she was a cop as well. The two of them worked together, and apparently had been friends for a couple years.

I let my feeding aura slowly ramp up as the two talked and enjoyed their drinks, and by the time they were both finished my aura was at about half strength. Hannah hadn't seemed to realize yet what was going on, while Vanessa knew exactly what was happening and was obviously eager for more.

When I suggested the four of us head to the office our cop friend was up and out of her chair in an instant. She grabbed Hannah's hand and started pulling the taller woman along with her. Reuben had wrapped up what he was working on and the office was all ours.

I directed the two humans over to the big leather sofa while Sam closed and locked the door behind us. Once the two women were seated I pushed my aura up to full power, and they both moaned softly as they settled back on the soft leather cushions.

"Very good ladies," I told the two of them. "Now I'd like you both to strip to the waist please, but in future I want you wearing skirts whenever you visit us. No more pants."

Neither of the women questioned or complained, they both just started fumbling to remove their tops. I sat down on the sofa next to Hannah, while my girlfriend took her place alongside Vanessa.

As soon as the two humans were ready, Sam gave Vanessa what she was craving, while I showed Hannah how we were connected to her 'special interest.'

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters -- and new stories! Patrons have already seen how this story ends and started reading the next big thing, and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

47