Chapter 37 – Confronting the Shadow King
549 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quan Yu walked into the familiar grounds of the Forbidden City, led by his puppets the Lightning Spear Zen Hu and the Water Empress Shu Shan. He was also accompanied by Rhuu Yen and Rin Er, since they were both still alive and could not be stored in any of his rings. 

As he followed the 2 Heavenly Kings under his control into the area, the guards saluted them and let them through without inspection, as Quan Yu had hoped. 

They made it in time for the proposed clandestine meeting between the Emperor and the Shadow King. 

They were led to the main throne room when Quan Yu saw that the meeting was already underway between the two parties. 

The Emperor sat proudly on the throne, with two Heavenly Kings the Flame God Tua Tian, mightiest of the 4 Heavenly Kings and the Earth Giant Kheng Mun.

Standing before him was the Shadow King himself, who was accompanied only by two women, both former concubines of the Emperor, one of them was Wai Ling, and the other was Lai Sim,  the former lover of the Invincible Sword Kai Shin. 

"Good good. My two Heavenly Swords, the Lightning Spear and the Water Empress is here... and what do we have here? Two beauties for my harem?" the Emperor laughed, after seeing Rhuu Yen and Rin Er.

Suddenly, the Chief Eunuch Chen whispered something into the Emperor's ear. 

"You! The traitor eunuch! How did you regrow your balls to face me? Cut it off and hand it to me and I will grant you a honorable death!" the Emperor suddenly said

Quan Yu was flabbergasted. Here was an enemy who stole two of his concubines, yet this asshole still wanted to punish him? The very reason he rebelled was to rescue one of the Emperor's concubines who was his own childhood sweetheart!

The Emperor waved his hand and both the Flame God and the Earth Giant made a move. 

The Flame God's sword strike was blocked by the Lightning Spear while the Earth Giant's fist was deflected by the Water Empress' graceful move that deflected all his strength. 

"Ren Hu... Shu Shan... what is the meaning of this?" the Emperor asked menacingly. 

"Looks like two of your Heavenly Kings aren't loyal anymore!" the Shadow King laughed

"Ren Hu! Shu Shan! You know what would happen to your life if you..." the Emperor threatened 

"I don't think they care anymore..." the Flame King Tua Tian said, gritting his teeth as he attacked the Lightning Spear Zen Hu

"Eunuch Chen! Bring their life scrolls!" the Emperor commanded

Quan Yu wondered what that was about and slashed at the eunuch, without wanting to see what he was up to. 

*Clang*

The Shadow King blocked the blow by suddenly appearing in front of the slash. 

"Your opponent is me" the dark figure said, blocking with only his clawed hand made of shadows. 

His features could not be seen and for all purposes, he looked just like a solid shadow, without even any features on his face, except for a ghastly smile with sharp teeth. 

If not for his manly voice and muscular shape of his featureless body, Quan Yu wouldn't even be able to tell it was a male human. 

The most powerful exponent of the evil side started attacking with both hands turning into claws, forcing Quan Yu to defend furiously. 

The Shadow King was so powerful, each blow made Quan Yu's hands quiver and regret not waiting till he progressed to Peak Xiantian before facing him. 

However, this was his only chance to face him, lest he misses the chance and lose sight of him again. 

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, Quan Yu was struck from behind, and he barely avoided the fatal blow and received a slash across his back. 

He rolled on the ground, with blood oozing out of his back as he looked back in shock. 

His very shadow had turned solid and attacked again, forcing Quan Yu to block his shadow. 

"Hahaha, you don't know the extent of my abilities do you?" the Shadow King asked

He suddenly walked next to the shadow and stabbed it!

Quan Yu grunted, and was shocked that although the Shadow King stabbed his shadow, he received the wound as well as a puncture wound appeared on his stomach and exited his back!

He slashed at Quan Yu's shadow's neck, and Quan Yu rushed to block it, to prevent himself from being beheaded when the shadow stabbed him from the back, exiting out his chest. 

Quan Yu coughed blood as he realized he was in an unwinnable situation. 

He looked over at Rhuu Yen and Rin Er who was charging at the Shadow King. 

Then he looked over at Wai Ling, who wasn't even watching the fight and stood still next to Lai Sim. 

The Shadow King brushed their swords aside and grabbed both of them with his clawed hands and held them up in the air helplessly. 

"You've grown surprisingly fast. But you're 10 thousand years too early to challenge me" the Shadow King laughed as he stood in front of him, threatening to crush Quan Yu's two lovers. 

"Stab" Quan Yu said, activating his self invented technique

He stabbed directly at the Shadow King, right through his body, through the Emperor's chest and right through most of the buildings behind him!

The Emperor looked shocked, as he was wounded badly, but the wound wasn't fatal as it missed his heart. However, he coughed blood as it penetrated his right lung.

"Are you done?" the Shadow King laughed as his body moved aside and turned from intangible to tangible again.

Because he turned intangible, the girls slipped through his fingers and was on the floor. Their bodies were bloodied and their clothes were torn from his claws.  

"Then this is goodbye!" the Shadow King laughed as he ignored the two girls and prepared to chop off the head of both Quan Yu and his shadow, ensuring the end. 

"Chop choppity chop choppity chop chop chop" Quan Yu said

It was as if his arm moved by itself and everything around turned into chaos. 

The Earth Giant Kheng Mun yelled in pain as his right arm was chopped off and he barely blocked the rest with his now broken giant sword. 

The Flame King Tua Tian's sword was chopped in half, but part of his skull was sliced off, exposing parts of his brain. He was still alive, but the wound made him vulnerable as the Lightning Spear Zen Hu was completely unharmed. 

But his main target, the Shadow King stood still as his body suddenly fell apart!

Pieces of shadow fell to the ground, some parts even onto the two girls as the parts melted into their shadows.

Quan Yu looked at his shadow, which seemed to be back to normal, then at the girls who were covering their breasts with their arms

There were cuts all over their breasts and body but the battle wasn't over.

He looked up and used "stab"

By now, the Flame King and Earth Giant were fighting bare handed, barely able to hold the Lightning Spear and Water Empress back.

Quan Yu's surprise attack stabbed them both right in the heart, killing them instantly.

"Now the battle is over. Lets deal with the rubbish" Quan Yu said, leaving Rhuu Yen and Rin Er to heal their own wound with medicine in their rings as he walked towards the wounded Emperor.

The Emperor stared at him as he approached. He had vomited blood all over and was gasping to breathe.

"You...chop off your dick right now! I command you...obey!" the Emperor gasped

Quan Yu stopped in front of him and pierced the Emperor's left eye with his sword, penetrating right through his skull and exiting his back. 

"That's for everything you crazy fucker. This land would be better off without you" Quan Yu said

"Nooo!" the Chief Eunuch yelled from a distance, returning with several teams of Imperial guards. 

Quan Yu threw the Emperor's body aside and sat on the throne. 

The Lightning Spear Zen Hu and the Water Empress Shu Shan were sent to eliminate the guards when Wai Ling suddenly snapped out of it and approached him. 

He looked at her silently. What was she doing?

She smiled and sat on his lap, before kissing him. 

The other two lovers Rhuu Yen and Rin Er, who were walking to the throne, slowed their step, looking at the girl their lover most wanted to rescue. 

Now that they were together, what would become of them? 

He promised he would still love them, but would he keep his promise?

More guards came rushing in as the whole Forbidden City went on high alert

Rhuu Yen and Rin Er turned around. They would be better off securing the area first. 

Each of them took out a High level Xiantian and ventured out to fight, leaving Quan Yu to finally be reunited with Wai Ling. 

12