Chapter 78 – Entering the Tower
452 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A shadow flashed across the road, heading downtown. 

Apparently, all the Towers worldwide suddenly appeared at the most dense location in each city. 

And in LA, that was the middle of what was Koreatown!

Lex cultivated as he ran, not willing to teleport to somewhere unfamiliar.

He wished that he had cultivated instantly when we awoken after he exhausted all his energy agaist the Demon King. If he had done so, even a little energy would have been able to snap him out of his bonds. 

But then again, he wasn't unwilling to be back home. He just didn't want to be forced to go anywhere against his will. 

He ignored the police cordon around the huge building, walking straight towards the Tower

"Who is that?" one of the reporters permanently embedded on site asked, pointing at the person dressed in black .

"I don't know, call the guards" another said

He walked the 200 meter distance the police blockaded from the Tower and saw that there was no entrances anywhere. There were no doors, no windows or anything. 

However, it was emanating the energy he had absorbed, thus he was curious what was going on. 

He saw that while there were no doors or windows, there were cracks on the building where the red lights shone out. 

He inserted a shadow to see what was inside, and he found that he could move the shadow easily into more cracks in the substance that made the building, all the way inside.

To his shock, inside was a jungle, and there were many dead bodies all around!

"Jasmine!" he thought

Just then several guards were running at him

"Hey! You! Get away fr0m there" they yelled

"I have no time for this" Lex thought, instantly teleporting through the walls to his shadow!

The guards arrived at the building.

"Where... how did he do that?" the guards huffed and puffed

"Did you get that?" the reporter asked from outside the cordon

"Yes" her cameraman said

Several reporters from other stations were already reporting about the incident

"...few second ago a stranger dressed in black.."

"... this is Camie Jenneck from Channel 9 news reporting about a strange..."

"..as guards tried to stop him, the unidentified man..."

In the police station, a officer ran towards an office room

"He's really gone Captain" he said

"Damn! I shouldn't have let him out of my sight!" Captain Bruise said, banging her table.

"What do we.." the officer said

"We do nothing. Especially don't tell the press! Interview the other prisoners and bring me the CCTV of the cell" she ordered 

--

"Aaaaah" Lex screamed in pain, blocking his face from being slashed. 

The teleportation through the shadow was somehow interrupted and he was stuck in the void, between space

The tears in space were slashing all over his body, producing cuts that literally made pieces of his flesh disappear. 

[Anomaly detected. Retrieval commencing]

Suddenly, Lex was teleported instead to another site, not where he wanted to go through his shadow. 

He lay on a white platform bleeding through the many gashes on his body. 

[Welcome to the Tower. Your task is to survive and go to the top floor of the Tower. There is a reward on every floor, and you gain experience from finishing tasks and killing enemies]

[You may view your statistics by calling out [Stats]]

[Good Luck]

"Ooooh" Lex groaned. Being cut in the void was different from being cut with a blade

Being cut by the void felt like a part of you is eaten up. 

He looked around, and saw that several creatures that looked like the velociraptors from Jurassic Park and World. only with horns, came out of the forest surrounding the platform

It seemed that the white platform was just meant to be a receiving port, not a safehouse

The closest raptor pounced on him, and Lex rolled out of the way and punched it.

To his surprise, the raptor screamed in pain, with it's jawbone broken.

He looked at the other 2 and started beating them to death using hand to hand combat,

Somehow, he retained his strength as a Mid Xiantian, able to break his foreign metal bonds. Fighting these Raptors were not even a challenge as he felt like a man fighting a chicken. Furthermore, with his martial skills, this was too easy.

Finishing the fight, he looked around to find any clues that could lead him to Jasmine. 

There were dried blood on the platform, perhaps from other victims, and several empty boxes.

Perhaps the rest were given weapons or rations, while he was naked with... with just this!

He looked downwards and saw he still had the cock cage on. 

He ripped it off, squashed it into a ball and threw it on to the skull of one of the raptors.

*Blat*

The metal ball punched a hole through the raptor's head before imbedding into the platform below.

"Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have done that. I could have used them as shadow clones. If that doesn't work, I can at least turn them into corpse puppets" he thought

But it suddenly occurred to him, if his shadow abilities worked here, what about his shadow clones?

"Saintess" he called, summoning the last person he turned into a shadow clone

The Saintess, who looked very much like her previous identity as Theresa, appeared out of the shadows,

She was naked as the Demon King has stripped her before she self destructed

Lex was pleased

"Heal me" he ordered 

She lifted her hand and started healing his whole body from his wounds.

He decided to cultivate, filling up his energy reserves to prepare for summoning his whole army eventually. 

Just then, he turned around and looked at the Saintess again, and looked up and down her beautiful naked body. 

Suddenly, he pulled her onto his lap, and did what he had always refused to do with his shadow clones or corpse puppets. 

He dual cultivated with her, and she willingly took him into her body. 

Her body felt familiar, sitting on him with her legs and arms wrapped around him as he sat in the lotus position, and she behaved in the familiar way she did when they spent that week together, making the same sounds, reacting the same way. 

Part of it was him feeling guilty for not saving her. Part of it was that he needed a release from the horrors of such a drastic war.

The brief session when he supercharged Angelica didn't count as the was concentrating on channeling the power from the heavenly tribulation through her. 

Another part, the most important part, was that he needed to charge up his energy reserves as fast as he could. And dual cultivating was the fastest way to do so. 

14