Chapter 85 – The 6th Floor
432 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex led the contingent to the nearest teleportation temple to the 6th floor. 

He gave the option for them to split up and go to any of the other two places, but most decided to stay with him. 

Out of 2000 people, at least 1500 decided to stay with Lex, as he had promised to bring them out. 

The other adventurous ones were guided by Lex's shadow clones to the other two teleportation sites, as the people wanted to try their luck and go on their own adventures. 

He couldn't guarantee the safety of the people that didn't follow him. But he sent some shadow clones to follow them to help if they could and simultaneously scout the surroundings. 

He could have sent his scouts in and clear the floor a week ago, but he didn't want these people to completely rely on him. He especially wanted Jasmine to grow in battle experience, so she could take care of herself. 

As there were 1500 people going through the teleportation portal in the temple, it took quite some time, even if they were quick and orderly. 

Lex and Jasmine of course went through first and they secured the area and got the others to keep moving so they don't clog up the exit portal. 

Arriving on the 6th floor, Lex saw that the area was a desert, with desert buttes littering the area

The treasure chest on this end seemed to have already been raided.

Lex walked onto the sand, testing to see if it was solid. He would hate it if he sank into the sand.

More and more people passed through and they made more room by stepping onto the sandy plains in front of the temple

"Hey! What's that over there?" Jasmine said, pointing to an object shining in the sunlight

She ran to pick up the thing when Lex suddenly felt danger

"Jasmine! Look out!" he yelled

Suddenly a gigantic centipede shot out of the ground and opened it's mouth, clamping down it's mandible jaws on Jasmine

Lex looked in horror but as the mouth closed, Lex saw Selene next to Jasmine, pulling her deeper into the shadows in the giant centipede's mouth!

Kali appeared from the shadow of the giant centipede, launching herself at the 200 meter long monster, who's front portion was standing coiled 30 meters in the air.

Selene pulled Jasmine out of Lex's shadow, shivering in fear

"Are you alright?" Lex asked, hugging Jasmine and comforting her.

She continued shivering in fear, unable to answer him as she started rocking her body.

Lex saw she was holding the shining object and looked at it.

It was a broken half of a sword. He guessed it might have been the sword of one of the earlier participants, perhaps even a weapon from this floor's treasure box. It didn't look like they survived.

Kali was joined by Selene as they attacked. but their weapons could not damage the giant centipede's hard exterior exoskeleton.

The crowd started panicking and pushing back against the people who had just teleported over

"Calm down. Don't push! A stampede here will kill more people than this bug!" Lex yelled

Lex extended his hand and cast lightning into the giant centipede's shadow.

The monster seemed to shake and shiver as Lex poured in more lightning into centipede's the shadow

Suddenly, the inner juices of the monster started leaking out from it's body segments.

Some of the segments broke open and others burst as the monster's giant body came crashing to the ground.

He checked on Jasmine again, but she shook her head

"I.... I'm ok" she said, still crying in fear and frustration. 

She got up and wiped her eyes. 

"I..I'll do better next time" she said, angry with herself 

"I'll send out scouts. Even the people who went before us has most likely died" Lex said, throwing aside the broken sword Jasmine retrieved. 

Tens of Harlots appeared and started walking outwards from where they were in all directions. 

Seconds later, another 3 giant centipedes burst out of the ground, eating them up as Lex electrocuted them as he did the first. 

Another further few seconds, another 2 centipedes attacked as Lex killed them instantaneously.

"How.... how are we going to cross this desert?" Max said, as he emerged from the crowd. 

Lex could easily teleport through the desert. But he had 1500 people with him, and he didn't want to reveal his shadow teleportation to too many people, even though Jasmine was rescued by it earlier. 

"Ugh.. I hate to do this.." Lex said, as he lifted his hand

Large shadows emerged from the carcasses of the giant centipedes, each were 200 meters long. 

"All aboard!" he said as all the people looked at him doubtfully. 

These monsters still looked menacing and creating shadow clones out of them didn't make them cuter or less disgusting at all, unlike his other shadow clones. 

Perhaps they would be considered attractive to other centipedes?

Lex walked up to the head of one of them, inviting Jasmine and the rest to join him. 

"Come on. It's safe" he said, pulling Jasmine reluctantly with him

Some of the braver ones who had complete trust in Lex after one week being around him, climbed up while the rest followed fearfully

The 6 centipedes were huge enough. Not only were they 200 meters long, each of their body segments were the size of a car!

Even so, most of the people didn't dare climb on one, so instead they walked as Lex used the other centipedes to form a escort the people by forming a perimeter around them as they marched through the desert. 

As they moved, another 2 giant centipedes appeared and the shadow clone centipedes engaged them.

They looked disgusting as they entwined around each other, trashing wildly before Lex put them down and created two new shadow clones.

"Staying on the planes is too dangerous. Lets head to those buttes" he said, pointing at the nearest rock monolith.

However, as they approached, a loud buzzing sound was suddenly heard

Large bees, each the size of 2 meters poured out in the hundreds from the butte

"Prepare for battle!" Lex yelled

The Sheilas, 100 Harlots and the Twilight appeared from the shadows, led by their leaders Madelyn, Selene and Morrigan, tore through the skies to engage the bees, engaging the bees in aerial combat

Bees fell like rain from the sky, and the people had to use their swords to deflect the falling bodies that weighed as much as an adult man.

But the bees outnumbered the shadow clones and many still got through and the people had to fight for their own lives.

Phoenix appeared from the shadows and joined Lex shot our flames from their hands like flamethrowers, keeping the bees that broke through at bay.

Lex frowned. Although these insects as foes were not that tough for him, the sheer numbers of them would make it difficult to ensure everyone's safety for this level.

"Find the queen and kill it" he commanded as Kali, Ahmanet, Fenrir and his Wolfpack started storming the butte killing everything along the way.

Several minutes later, Lex noticed that the bees started to lose their organization as they started being killed easier.

Not letting a single bee escape, the Sheilas, Twilight and Harlots finished off the remnant bees as the humans celebrated their victory.

Many of them received minor injuries, a few serious ones, but they were proud of their achievements

Lex brought them into the butte, having his shadow clones clear up the place.

Saintess started healing the wounded and the people rested after a hard battle.

Lex stood on the top of the butte, looking out at the vast land.

His shadow scouts he had sent out from the other teleportation portals reported that their situation following the other teams were nowhere near as crazy as theirs here.

Although he had 100 Harlots with him here, he had a total of 500 Harlots, so 200 each entered the other 2 portals. 

They were also teleported to desert scenarios, but all the humans faced were a few giant scorpions hiding under the desert sand, and a giant spider or two in the buttes there.

"How can this be? Are we that unlucky?" Lex thought. They had faced so many crazy obstacles, even a single giant centipede would have wiped out all the people who had gone through the other portals. Were they being targeted by something... or someone?

"Ivy!" he commanded

"Yes, my master?" she appeared from the shadows with a smile

Lex looked at her and was reminded of Grom, whom he dual cultivated with for a week. He sighed and turned to face the desert again

"I want you to take over this floor" he said

"As you wish" she said as she casually walked down the butte, her naked butt hypnotically swaying as she walked 

"Lex? Are you ok? What are you doing?" Jasmine, who was looking for him appeared

"I'm just ensuring our survival for tomorrow" Lex said, turning around and bringing her back into the butte

12