Chapter 84 – Preparations and the Promise
584 13 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex led the way on foot back from Max and his group's hideout to the shopping center that was once Hogan's base of operations. 

The group followed Lex hesitantly, many of them haven't left their hideout since they got injured. 

But to their surprise, they didn't encounter a single monster along the way. 

Since Lex had found Jasmine, he no longer cared about keeping a low profile, and allowed his shadow clones to clean out the whole floor. 

His shadow clones also invited all the other groups to join them there.

Some listened and came, others went directly to the next floor after being told that the floor has been cleared. They wanted to arrive first, to claim the best weapons from the treasure chests.

Lex had already located the temple to the next floor and had left a Harlot to stand guard in the shadows.

But they allowed those that wanted to pass through.

The place started to get crowded, as nearly 2000 people gathered on the concourse and on the balconies above.

They got noisy as Lex walked up to the stage.

"Isn't that Jasmine Lockhart standing behind him?"

"Who is he? Did he really defeat Hogan?"

"He claims this floor has been cleared. I encountered no monsters on the way here"

Lex lifted his hands and quietened the crowd.

"Me name is Alex Marshall. I have called all of you here because I promised to bring the people that were Hogan's prisoners out of the Tower

I am extending this invitation to the rest of you. As you've seen, I've cleared this floor already. But we have to keep going upwards to get out of here. We can't stay still or we'll starve to death eventually" he said

He saw several eyes randomly lit up on the balconies, looking the same as when Hogan used his amulet to check Lex out. 

"You're only a level 1! How can you bring us out of here?"

"Yeah. Our leader is a level 87. I would trust him more than you"

The crowd started getting noisy again. 

"Oh! You're right. I'm still a level 1. Let's see.... I guess I have to officially level up!" he said

He looked at the stats above his head. 

"Level up!" he said

The air around him rung in a cacophony of bells, as if he was levelling up all at once. 

Then he smiled and asked "What level am I now?" 

"You... impossible"

"What does it say? Tell us"

"My God" 

"Tell us idiot! Is he more powerful than your group leader?" 

The person that insulted Lex had already fallen to his butt. 

"What is it?" 

"He's level 477" another person with the glowing eyes said. 

"477! That's crazy!" 

"I... I don't believe it"

"I will follow you!"

"Me too!"

Lex held his hand up and things quietened down again. 

"I promised to bring you out. Although I will try my best to make sure everyone is safe, it will be for everyone's benefit if you guys are trained as well. I will train you here for a week" he said

"Even if you are level 477! How can you promise to bring everyone safely? There's only one of you!" another man said

Lex lifted his hand and the hall darkened visibly as succubi, vampires and banshees hovered in the air above the concourse. 

They looked scary and intimidating, even while they looked eeriely beautiful at the time. 

Then, they vanished into the shadows again. 

"I am not forcing anyone. The floor is cleared and I can even lead you to the next level. But if you stay here, you will be sufficiently trained" he said. 

--

Nearly all of them decided to stay, with only a handful deciding to leave on their own.

Lex distributed the weapons from the treasure chests, according to their ability.

They were broken into groups, with Soldier teaching the absolute beginners, Amazon and Valkyrie teaching those that have actually fought the monsters on the floors and he was taught Jasmine privately. 

Over the next week, many of them made sufficient improvement.

Their stats leveled up from the training, and many of them became, in the fantasy world's rating Level 1, or in the cultivation world a low level houtian.

This was their skill level based on Lex's estimations, which was different from the ranking and levels the Tower system had ranked them. As they had levelled up themselves, they had arranged their own stats to their liking, making everyone completely different. 

At first, the participants were uncomfortable as Amazon was topless with her breasts exposed and only wore black metal bikini bottoms, while Valkyrie wore a chest armor on her top, but was completely nude below her waist, revealing her pussy and ass. 

Furthermore, Soldier only was dressed like the warriors in the move 300, with only a plumed helmet, a leather kilt that revealed his dangling dick when he turned his body, and was topless as he was killed in battle at the camp while asleep and had barely grabbed his sword and helmet before dying. 

Soldier was a level 3 and Amazon and Valkyrie were level 5, so when they demonstrated their skills, no one dared disrespect them, even though they were half naked.  

Jasmine was watching the training with Lex.

He already introduced her to all his shadow clone leaders. He had also explained to her his time when he disappeared to the cultivation world and the fantasy world, so she knew where he had been when he disappeared the two times.  

"They are all very beautiful. And they seem so real." Jasmine said

"That's because they are created with their original souls" Lex said

"What do you mean?" Jasmine asked.

"Um... Saintess, Amazon, Valkyrie and Phoenix were my real friends. They had died in battle, and I needed their help so I turned them into shadow clones.

The others, believe it or not, were my enemies belonging to the Demon King" he explained 

"Have you fucked them?" she suddenly asked

"What? No! No... No.... How can I? I won't fuck my shadow clones or corpse puppets!" he lied.

"Don't be so stiff. I was only joking when I asked" she laughed

Lex pretended to laugh. But he was reminded that he had broken his vow when he dual cultivated with Amazon and Valkyrie to recharge as he summoned to rest of the shadow clones, and also to level them up.

He also dual cultivated with Saintess to recover mama fast, after teleporting into the Tower.

--

Lex was surprised that Jasmine was taking the training seriously and was improving rapidly.

With his one on one training, she was close to level 2 in the fantasy world ranking. Now she needed to infuse mana into her attacks

However, there was a strange distance between them. 

When he reappeared in her life after the cultivation world, she happily fucked him and was completely open to him to fuck her at any time. 

But right now, she pushed him away whenever he tried to get intimate.

He had wanted to bring up dual cultivation with her, but she seemed to be rejecting his physical contact.

He guessed that she seemed to be having some sort of sexual hangup right now and didn't want to push her

"Lex?" she said on the day before departing for the next floor. 

"Yes?" he answered

"You know I love you, right?" she said

"Yes... I love you too" he replied.

"You must have noticed... I've been avoiding sex with you." she said

Lex kept quiet, wondering where this is going

"..my thoughts are... now that I'm a virgin again... lets get married before we have sex" she said

Lex thought for a while, shelving the dual cultivation idea, and nodded

"I want you to think of me the way you did before... all this. I want to be that person to you when we get married" she said

"And your movie career?" Lex asked

"I've retired. That bastard Todd Cruz and his production company sued me for all I had. The rest of the studios are the same, they only want to film me fucking. Even the modelling agencies are no better. I was only offered hard core photoshoots, which I refused. But I'll find another job doing something else" she said

"What about your reputation?" Lex asked

"My reputation is ruined for life. I'm a slut in everyone's eyes. But I have a second chance with a renewed body now. As long as you accept me, I will not stray this time" she said

"Ok. Let's get married after we get out of here" Lex smiled

"But.. lets wait for a while as I earn some money first. I'm broke!" Jasmine said

"I have some money. The pension from the government from my time as a marine isn't fantastic, but we can live a modest life" he said

"Then I accept. I'll be your loving, faithful wife" Jasmine said as they kissed. 

13