Chapter 90 – Lord of the Watery Abyss
435 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex stayed in the area, standing on top of Calamari's head

It had been two days, and Ariel had even called in other sea creatures to help.

They recovered the other 33 missing people, who were all dead, and even another 4 people who were in an even more decomposed state, presumably from the earlier groups.

If she was dead, they would have found her by now.

And after 2 days, even if they found her body, he won't be able to create a shadow clone out of her. He spirit would have left by then. 

Lex looked at Ariel, with menace dripping with every word.

"Bring me to this... Lord of the Watery Abyssssss" he said, slurring his words out of anger

"Yes master" she said

He was led to an area of open sea, indistinguishable from the rest when Ariel stopped

"He lives here master, in a cavern under this section of the sea" she said

"Bring him out here!" Lex shouted

The Sirens and Ariel nodded and started manipulating the water

The ocean started churning, forming a large whirlpool.

Faster and faster the waters turned, leaving a large gap in the middle as Lex called Phoenix out of the shadows and stood next to him.

Both of them conjured fire and shot it into the hole in the water, and Lex added lightning to the water, electrifying the churning water

UOOOOH!

The large monster jumped out of the water, smashing it's hand at Calamari, who had Lex and Phoenix on its head

Lex drew a sword, the most powerful one he could find from all the treasure boxes thus far. It was a sword with +10 vorpal damage and a bleed effect

He chopped at the shadow of the monster, and it's fist flew off to the distance without hitting them

Lex felt some form of fear and madness effect starting to attack his emotions, and this made him angrier.

"You think this is fear? I'LL SHOW YOU FEAR!" Lex shouted as the monster started shrieking in pain. 

For a monster that lived in the ocean, surrounded by water, one would assume that it stayed in the ocean because it needed to be wet for some reason. 

Lex started torturing it by drawing out the water from it's shadow

It wasn't even able to scream as it's octopus like head and slimy body started shriveling. 

Where it's body would normally be full of liquid, Lex flooded with lightning and fire. 

It's dried up blood started to burn and explode as Lex continued drawing water out of it's body through it's shadow. 

Like a deflating balloon, the huge monster started collapsing back into the water and Lex put it out of its misery by chopping it's shadows to pieces. 

He turned around to leave when Ariel looked at him curiously. 

"You're not going to turn him.. to one of us master?" she asked

"No... why?" Lex asked

"He.. the Lord of the Watery Depths is the only sea creature I cannot control. It is... special" she said

"I don't care" he said and turned to leave

"Please reconsider master!" Ariel said

Lex looked at her and frowned.

This was the first time any of his shadow clones had ever disobeyed him.

"Aaaah!" he yelled in anger, chopping the body parts up into fish bait.

He turned around again only to see the disappointed looking Ariel bowing her head.

He sighed deeply and raised his hand.

"Whatever... I don't care" he said

One can never have too many sea monsters. Furthermore, a monster that looked the way he did, could be useful in the future. 

A large shadow rose from the chopped up body, but Lex didn't even bother to look at it.

Suddenly he clutched his head in pain as he felt his mind flooded a dark, looming, groaning sound and he felt paralyzed with fear so bad, he started wrenching. 

Then, as sudden as the feelings happened, it lifted and he felt normal again.

He turned and stared at the new shadow monster, thinking it attacked him.

Suddenly, his mind deciphered the "mental attack". It was the words

Please name me, my Master

"Ct...Cthu...your name is Cthulhu" Lex stammered, still recovering

Lex's head suddenly felt like exploding again, and he bent over, feeling like his guts will pour out of his throat. Then it lifted and he could understand its words

My name is Cthulhu. Thank you Master

"Holy shit! What the hell?" Lex thought, still crouching on top of Calamari's head, looking at Cthulhu

He quickly sat on Calamari and cultivated for a while to recover from the brief "conversation" with Cthulhu

His mana was in a mess, and he had to circulate it properly before he felt fine again.

"Are you alright master?" Ariel asked

"What the hell is he?" he asked her

"I don't know master. He's always been here" she answered

"What does that mean? He didn't come from here?" Lex asked

"I don't know master. Perhaps you can ask him?" she replied

"No thank you" Lex said, standing up

"Cthulhu. From now on just obey. No need to respond, ok?" he said to the giant monster

He didn't know if the monster agreed or not, but he could swear it nodded slightly.

He sat down and decided to dual cultivate with Ariel.

Since he got together with Jasmine again, he hasn't been dual cultivating.

He's never done so with a being of the Tower. He certainly won't do it with Cthulhu or the centipedes, who he just realized he didn't name.

Ariel transformed to human form as her fish tail turned to legs.

He instructed her to sit on him and they started dual cultivating on top of Calamari's head

He was pleased that it worked on her, and she in turn discovered that she started feeling more powerful. 

They spent the night in each other's arms, their bodies as one. 

The next morning, Lex opened his eyes and stopped. 

She kissed him with a smile and got up, jumping back into the ocean as her legs turned back into a beautiful fish tail. 

Lex jumped into the ocean from the top of Calamari's head to wash off. 

The other Sirens started swimming around him, curious about his "front tail" and what he did with Ariel all night. 

Suddenly, he received a mental message that the raft had arrived at the portal and everyone was going through it. 

He looked at the ocean around him, his shadow clone Cthulhu and the dead original body, sinking into the ocean, the endless water in every direction. 

There was no more reason for him to be here. 

It was time for him to get out of the Tower. Jasmine isn't here anymore. 

He got out of the ocean and onto Calamari's head again. 

As the rest of his shadow clones disappeared into the shadows, he teleported to one of the other portals that he had sent a Sheila to. 

He didn't want to enter the same portal as the others and meet the people he helped send across the ocean.

He took one last look at the ocean and said a mental goodbye to Jasmine.

Then, unsheathing two swords he got from the treasure boxes, one for each hand, he stepped through the portal to the 8th floor.  

10