Chapter 89 – Terror in the Storm
419 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip on the large raft went peacefully for the first two days.

The Sirens propelled the raft at high speeds, and as the giant centipedes were shadow clones had incredibly durable surfaces, the people on board were able to start campfires.

Some Sirens brought them fish to eat and they had packed coconuts from the island, so they were well stocked for the trip

Suddenly, in the distance, large storm clouds started forming

Lex frowned as the sky got darker and darker.

The wind started picking up and got more and more intense

And rain started pouring.

"It's a hurricane!" Dr Nathan yelled over the howling wing.

"Saintess!" Lex commanded and she appeared out of the shadows.

Knowing what he wanted, she lifted her hands and created a large dome of white light, which covered the raft.

The Sirens struggled to push the raft forwards as the sea was too rough, that the kraken swam back and helped pull them directly into the hurricane.

Morrigan landed next to Lex as the other Harlots disappeared into the shadows. Keeping in the air with their large wings was difficult.

The Twilight however, continued flying outside of the dome, attempting to temper the weather.

Vampires had some minor control of the weather, so Selene and her 80 vampires tried to make the hurricane more bearable.

But it was too powerful, and they were all sucked into the hurricane!

Huge waves buffeted the raft, and the Sirens had to rescue the people that had fallen over, and Calamari had to steady the raft to prevent it from overturning.

"I'm impressed. You don't look terrified" Lex said to Jasmine

"This doesn't make me terrified. Being terrified is seeing a dick so large, you fear it will tear you from the inside and kill you" she replied

Lex frowned at her answer, but seeing her white knuckles holding his hand tight, he figured she was terrified after all and hugged her. 

She didn't resist him at all and hugged her back. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean that" she said

"It's alright" Lex answered. 

The Sirens and Calamari pushed through the edge of the hurricane that was forming, before they entered the eye of the storm.

"Did we lose anyone?" Lex asked

Nobody answered when suddenly the sea rippling and becoming choppy!

The Sirens started fidgeting and even Calamari started behaving strangely.

"What's going on?" Lex asked Ariel

"The... the Lord of the Watery Abyss..." she said in a panic

Suddenly a massive creature started emerging from the depths. 

It was so large that it's head was bigger than the raft! Even it's eyeball seemed to be as big as the kraken's head!

It had sunken eyes and it had octopus-like tentacles hanging down like a curtain covering it's mouth! 

"Cthulhu!" one of the people on the raft screamed.

"Oh my God! It's real!"

"We're doomed!"  

People on the raft started to scream as some sort of fear and madness effecting everyone, causing even the men to scream madly. 

It's large hand appeared from beneath the raft, grabbing the kraken that was steadying the raft with one hand and squeezing it before stuffing it into it's mouth under it's tentacles. 

The monster roared in anger as Calamari turned into shadow and smashed it's huge hand at the raft. 

Saintess screamed as her white light dome shattered, and Lex acted instantly, stabbing the monster between it's eyes!

The monster stumbled back a step, it's fist missing the raft but hitting the water, creating a huge splash propelling the raft back into the hurricane!

The winds and rain buffeted them as Saintess threw up another shield in haste. 

However, several people were sucked into the storm as the hurricane threw the raft out faster than even the Sirens could push it!

The raft spun through the air, throwing people everywhere and broke apart into it's individual giant centipedes. 

The large shadow centipedes splashed onto the sea in separate parts as the centipedes started pulling themselves together and forming a raft again. 

The area of the sea where the raft landed had still water as the hurricane was moving away from them. 

When the raft split, some people somehow managed to hold on to the raft, while the centipede arms also grabbed on to people nearby. 

Others landed in the sea and were now swimming towards the raft. 

The people started looking around for their teammates and helping others out of the water. Some started crying as their missing partner or family member was missing.

Lex landed on the front of the raft, after being caught in mid-air by Selene.  

Chaos started as the people started moving around on the raft, looking for people they knew, having headcounts within their smaller groups. 

Lex looked around and found that Jasmine was missing!

He put out mental commands and realized that many of his shadow clones were approaching. 

Some were the mermaids, bringing people they rescued. Others were the vampires that were sucked into the hurricane that had recovered people who were also sucked into the storm. 

Many rejoiced at being reunited with their friends and loved ones. 

Lex frantically checked all his shadow clones, but none of them were carrying Jasmine!

She was gone!

The raft floated on the still water as Lex sent out all his flying shadow clones like the Harlots, the Twilight and the Sheilas, as well as all the Sirens in the water to rescue and find as many people as possible. 

Hours later, after a final head count, 9 people were dead from exposure of being sucked into the hurricane, 6 people had drowned, while 34 people were still missing and unaccounted for, including Jasmine!

The people who knew him best like Max and Dr Nathan tried to comfort Lex, but it was useless. 

After half a day later searching, many had already stopped looking or hoping. 

However, the worst side of human nature started showing itself. 

"You bastard! You said we should trust you and follow you! My lover is dead because we trusted you!" a woman yelled

"We should never have trusted you! If we stayed in the shopping mall, she would still be alive!" another screamed. 

"Serves you right that you lost your pornstar. Who did you think you are anyway, to say you'll lead us out? You can't even keep your fuckbuddy safe" a man said

Although Lex was burning inside, he didn't retaliate.

He suddenly stood up and looked at everyone

"You are right. I'm in no position to lead you out. I will be leaving you now to continue me search for Jasmine. The raft and mermaids will guide you to the next portal" he said, without looking at them

"No! You have to take responsibility for us"

"Yeah. Who will protect us?"

"You can't leave us like this"

Dr Nathan walked up to Lex and patted his shoulder

"I hope you find her. I hope she is safe" he said before he turned around and joined the crowd

"Good luck. I wish both of you well. Thank you for everything" Max said

Lex nodded and jumped into the air and was caught in mid-air by Selene as the raft started moving towards the general direction of the portal to the next level.

He left 10 sirens to push the raft. It was slower but it still moved as fast as a typical boat. A group of 100 Harlots was assigned to escort them up to the portal. After that, they were on their own. 

"Thank you for saving us" a voice suddenly yelled from the raft

"Thank you very much" another yelled

Suddenly, more and more people expressed their thanks. 

But Lex was already out of earshot 

Lex remained in the area, travelling with Selene carrying him, looking urgently everywhere. 

350 Harlots and a hundred Sheilas, together with 80 Twilight frantically looked everywhere for Jasmine. 

30 Sirens and Ariel remained with the search group to look everywhere on and underwater for her.

He swore to himself that he would not leave until he finds her body, dead or alive.

9