Chapter 115 – The San Francisco Gate
346 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Gate brought the force from LA into a strange barren world with a red sky.

The San Francisco Hunters before them were found strewn all around, smashed to bits and rotting.

The team was assaulted almost immediately after they got out of the gate, forcing everyone to react quickly.

*SMASH*

Heracles smashed a 5 meter tall crystalline humanoid. They had 6 arms and shot beams from their eyes that melted steel. 

The monster stumbled before Heracles smashed it again, finally putting it down. 

Heracles was a treasure collector.

A powerful man by nature, he received a hammer with +3 damage, and breezed through the first floor of the Tower in the first round with just his own strength. 

He then discovered a +5 strength gauntlet on the 3th Floor and on the 8th floor, he discovered a +10 belt of strength.  

This gave him the confidence to challenge the guardian of the 10th floor, but he was still too weak.

Throughout the next few floors, as he continued using all his stats to increase his strength and durability, he kept hunting for more upgrades. 

By the time he reached the 89th Floor, which was as high as he went before Lex finished the 99th floor, he had amassed a considerable array of treasures. 

He carried a Mace of a Titan which gave a +30 strength buff, an upgraded gauntlet of a giant which gave a +20 strength buff, a upgraded Belt of Strength which gave a +25 strength buff, and carried the scrotum of a Minotour +10 strength.

This, plus his level 500+ stats which he dumped nearly all on strength and durability, he had a strength stat of over 300! 

He wore a armor of a basilisk which gave +30 durability and immunity to poison, and earring of speed +8. 

On top of that, he wore a special suit, modified using modern technology, utilizing the crystals found in the heads of monsters, which further enhanced his strength and battle abilities. 

Jasmine watched from the side, standing on another of the creature's head

This Heracles was not all talk, and although he only reached the 89th floor, his constant improvements since the first cycle of the Tower, has made him more powerful than Magnus or even Anna. 

She was decidedly wary of him, and both she and Anna were cautious around him. 

On the other side, Anna finished another of the crystalline monsters, Rudelfo seemingly tried to keep up with her. 

Jasmine noticed that he seemed to be very competitive when around Anna, probably because they were both A Rank swordsmen. 

Jasmine also remembered that Lex told her that Anna's sword Bacard, was superior than Rudelfo's sword Sunderer. 

The very fact that Anna's sword sliced easily through the crystalline monsters, while Rudelfo's required two or three swings demonstrated that. 

The A Ranks handled the monsters fairly well, but the B Ranks and below struggled as each monster seemed equal to a B Rank. Many of the smaller guilds had to retreat leaving only the Princesses, the Fellowship, Olympus and a mixed assortment of B Ranks.

This was supposedly one of the toughest missions she's encountered so far, according to Anna, and the Olympus group brought a large contingent. 

Unlike the other guilds who were only allowed to bring in B Ranks and above, the Olympus guild seemed to have brought in many C and D ranks. 

But they didn't get involved in the fighting. 

Everyone noticed that they were claiming the gems from inside the monster heads, even those that their guilds did not kill. 

The two Princesses and the Fellowship members gave each other a look, and noticed that the other guilds seemed to pretend not to see anything. 

As Jasmine and the Fellowship had only come out of the Tower and joined for just under 3 weeks, Anna told Jasmine that this was the norm. 

The Olympus Guild had huge influence in the Hunter Association, and had bullied many of the smaller and weaker guilds to submit or disappear if they didn't keep in line. 

Jasmine looked at another site of the battle and there were another two Olympus Guild members she was keeping an eye out for 

They were the archers Arrow and Shaft aka Jimmy Parker and Peter Olsen. They each carried their bows Thunder and Lightning, one a bow that shot sonic arrows, the other which shot electricity bolts. 

They were both wearing multiple goo-poo cameras and recording the action as it happened. 

As Jasmine was wary of the Olympus Guild, she also kept an eye out for the other 4 of their 5 A Ranks in the Olympus Guild, 3 of them which were also from the first batch of the Tower like Heracles. 

While Heracles was the leader of the guild, the one that really gave the orders was a woman named Athena, whose real name was Josie Wallace. She wielded a lightning spear and an indestructible shield, while also wearing a chestplate that created force fields. 

Then there was Ares aka Ramone Garcia. He wielded a dreadful looking war axe, glowing with red and black energy and chopping the crystalline monster up gleefully. Anna told Jasmine that he heard he was a convicted murderer but was let go to serve the country as a Hunter, since he was an A Rank

Apollo aka Juan Escobar seemed to project some flame from his hands. But he seemed to use them physically rather than just to burn. He formed his flames into hand shapes, grabbing a monster and twisting its head off.

And lastly the most mysterious Dionysus who wore a cloak covering his face and body. He stayed behind the C and D Ranks and seemed able to manipulate the monsters to fight each other.

The monsters seemed endless, and the more they fought seemed to produce even more monsters.

Suddenly a large crystalline dragon attacked smashing Heracles and sending him flying into the distance. 

Magnus attack, but was smashed into the ground as the dragon stepped on him. 

"Magnus!" Isla yelled 

Jasmine flew into the air at super speed, smashing the dragon's face. 

However, while it's crystalline face broke and a few pieces of it's face fell off, it remained intact and roared. 

It swiped it's large crystal wing at Jasmine, but as she was about to dodge, suddenly her mind went blank for a second and she couldn't react as she was swatted away to the distance.

"Jasmine!" Anna yelled as she dodged the crystal dragon's breath attack.

The dragon's breath attack covered the field as the other people scrambled to dodge.

A few random B rankers from other guilds, and C & D Ranks from the Olympus guild who were collecting gems were turned into crystal!

Athena, who was also standing there. survived as her chestplate created a forcefield that barely managed to block the attack.

Anna attacked, followed closely behind by Rudelfo as they both climbed one leg of the dragon each, running up it's body at incredible speeds. 

Anna's attacks managed to cut the dragon's leg, but the monster was so large, her cuts amounted to nothing more than shallow cuts. 

Rudelfo's attacks however barely scratched the surface, and he jumped off after seeing his attacks were futile. 

Ares smashed the dragon's foot but it didn't even notice his assistance as the dragon fire as Jasmine returned at super speed, smashing the same spot on the dragon's face

This time, she burst through and started wrecking havoc from inside the dragon's skull.

The dragon roared in agony firing it's breath attack everywhere as the Hunters scrambled for safety before collapsing on the ground.

"Is it dead?" Apollo asked from behind a dead monster.

The dragon's head burst open and Jasmine flew out holding a large gem victoriously.

Suddenly, she froze again and fell from the sky, crashing on the ground.

The gem rolled on the ground to Heracles' feet.

He picked it up and roared jumping to the sky and landing right into the dragon's skull.

"Yeah! Yeah!" he yelled, smashing his mace into the remaining brains of the dragon

Arrow and Shaft took multiple pictures as all the remaining Olympus Guild members started cheering and clapping their hands.

"What the..." Jasmine said, looking around confused as Anna helped her up

The rest of the Fellowship frowned as the mission ended. 

8