#008 my first companion and skill advancements
373 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little confused about what happened, Leo read the description of his new title.

Friend of the Hummingbirds: This title was granted to the Golem Leo for a good deed, done with pure intentions. All peacefull and birdlike creatures will bear no ill will against you.

 

Okay this should be useful.... someday.... I guess?
  
For a few minutes he couldn't move because he was surrounded by little birds. Since they looked like they would just sit there forever Leo soon decided to try and walk a few steps forward to signal them that he wanted to go. They seemed to realise what he wanted and moved out of his way. When he broke the barrier of birds Leo turned around and waved them before he walked away. 
  
They sure seemed cheerful if you consider they almost lost some children. Well I guess they are birds and don't think about something like this to much. Even though they seemed awfully intelligent for just birds. 
  
As he walked he continued to wonder about those strange birds when he suddenly remembered he was now walking in the forest which means new enemies. 
  
I should pay attention so I don't accidentally run into something dangerous. 
Damit, thinking about the birds totally distracted me!
  
He stomped lightly on the ground. As if woken up by his sudden movements, something moved on top of him. On his shoulder was a bird with slightly green feathers. 
When Leo noticed it he stopped. He tried to shoo it away but all that got him was a peck against what looked like his head. 
  
What are you doing? 
  
Locking at it for a moment Leo realized it was the one bird that didn't attack him from the beginning, when he tried to place the nest back on the tree.
He reached with his tentacle in front of the birds feet. It stepped on it and Leo brought it in front of his ,,face''. The two looked at each other and then Leo sighed and put the bird back on his shoulder.
  
*scraa scraa* 
  
As if it had won some kind of game the bird made some happy crys and gave Leo another gentle peck to the head.
  
Yeah yeah I am also happy to have a companion.
  
He couldn't understand what it said, but Leo had a fairly good idea what the bird wanted to tell him.
  
The Two of them wandered through the forest. After a while they came to a  big tree. It looked like it stood there for hundreds of years. The bark looked old  and there were innumerable little scratches on it. The branches of the trees around here were mostly straight with only one or two twists here and there. In contrast to them the one in front of him had practically no straight branches at all. They looked like the wool of a sheep, twisted and curled. 
 
After Leo walked once around the tree he continued his way into the forest. A few minutes away from the tree, the bird on his shoulder perked its head up and looked around. It gave him a quiet chirp and looked to his left. When Leo looked in the same direction he could see nothing but since the birds reaction was a little tense he remained vigilant. And like it was invited he began to hear footsteps, fast footsteps that came closer. 
  
What came into view was a around 4 meter big, brown centipede with two claw like legs below its head. It ran at him and Leo readied his tentacles equipped with rabbit horns. When it was about to reach him, it lifted the front part of its body to the height of his thighs. When it was close enough Leo stabbed forward with both arms, trying to pierce it a little behind its head. To Leo's surprise his attacks just bounced off its carapace. Uncaring for his attacks it reached him and the momentum knocked Leo off his feet. As he panicked slightly Leo noticed that the centipede didn't actually care about him but the bird that was now flying circles above them.
 
He regained his calm and thought about how to kill the centipede. Since he couldn't pierce its scales he had to aim at the places where they connected with each other. 
As he stood up, the centipede still ignored him like he wasn't even there. 
  
Could it be that it's blind? Or maybe it ignores me because it can't eat me? Let's try and hold on to it while I stab the joints between its scale plates. Since I don't think it will ignore me when it notices I can hurt it, I just cling to its back. 
 
Leo created two new tentacles from his body and then waved the bird in his direction.
As it chased the bird it came close to Leo again and when it was in reach he jumped on its back. Since he was still ignored by a centipede even though it was slower because of his weight, he steadied himself and aimed for the two closest joints. 
 
*Screeeeeehhhhh*
 
As he stabbed them once and then a second time with all his might the centipede let loose a screech. This time though it was Leo who ignored the centipede as he kept stabbing all the joints in his reach. 
This centipede's speed decreased gradually and after a lot of stabs Leo took one of the tentacles he used to hold himself on the centipede's back and wrapped it around the joint that took the most damage. He then used Material manipulation to shift more mass from his body to the tentacle to make it thicker so he could use more force with it. 
Leo stopped stabbing and focused solely on squeezing the joint with his tentacle. When he started the centipede stopped running and started to throw itself from left to right in an attempt to get Leo of his back. Loud screeching could be heard and he took some damage when he was slammed against the ground and a tree, but he had infused his body with mana to enhance the physical resistance skill, so it was limited to just losing a few units of dirt from his body.
 
*Crecrack*
  
The centipede's body finally broke and was split in two.
 
*Screeee*
 
The centipede screamed in pain but its fate was decided. Blood gushed from the wound where it was split in two, its movements became sluggish and soon it stopped moving completely.
   
    
Forrest Stalker Level 8 was killed.

Golem Leo reached Level 4
 
Physical resistance reached Level 2

Material manipulation reached Level 4
24