Paint Me In Your Shade 3
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“He made me get dressed for no reason!!” My mate groans and plants her sweet butt down on the veranda.

>Christian my mate…< Astaroth, my wolf whimpered.

The moment we smelt her we knew it was her but the family we came to stake out surprisingly housed our mate. I did not expect to meet her and to put the cherry on the cake, my mate is a victim of abuse. Our blood is boiling but what can we do? She does not even know about us, how will we protect her?

I watch as my mate raises her leg, “In coming,” she says making her brothers and father look at her and a barely audible sound comes from her rear end that makes me grin intrigued.

“Eww,” her brother Brody says with a chuckle.

“It’s supposed to stink,” my mate says and gets up. She walks over to the grass and lies down. I get up and crawly a little closer to her still within the line of the trees.

>Christian, what if she sees you?< My beta Walker warns coming up behind me.

>I know and I do not care, I just want to be near her< I say lowly afraid she might hear me although I spoke through the pack link.

Odette turns on her stomach and we see her father get up and place her brother Odin on her back who is evidently asleep, “Don’t move,” he warns her and heads inside, bringing out a baby blanket and closing the two of them.

Odette hums an irritate ‘mmm’.

After her father Gerome enters the house again he doesn’t return for a while. The boys finish up their homework and run inside to take a bath. The delivery boy, a pup from my pack drops off Italian take away and heads back to work.

My ears pick up the sound of paws running this way but I don’t move as it registers to me that it's my parents and brother Legion in their wolf form. My father nudges me with his snout while my mother lays on my back, >Hey pup, how are you doing?< My father asks through the link.

I huff and let out a whimper at the thought of my mate being abused and cut into with a razor or knife.

>I have a meeting with Gerome tomorrow, would you like to listen in?< he asks me but I shake my head. I already told my brothers that they should get the Ferguson family to go to the pack house after school so I can meet my mate formally.

My mother bites my ear playfully which I ignore as I stare intently listening to the conversation happening in the house, >Christian, don’t worry about your mate. We’ll find out tomorrow what happened to her okay then we’ll work together as a family to help them overcome whatever they experienced< she says gently through the link.

I nod my head but continue listening. The boys are taking their bath while Mr Ferguson is on the phone with someone and my mate in the kitchen doing dishes. After ten minutes, the back door is kicked open and through my enhanced vision, I can see my mate.

My tail wags happily but soon low sobs drift into my ears. Astaroth whimpers as our heart stings with pain. Odette walks over to the fence and sits against it with her back facing us. The few pack members, myself and my family all listen intently as she cries into her knees.

Astaroth quickly takes over while I don’t pay attention. He shakes our mother off and runs towards the fence. Stopping right behind her as the smell of mint chocolate assaults our senses, we shudder and quickly block the link with everyone telling us to come back.

We stare at her weeping figure and growl lowly to catch her attention. Odette sits up and turns her head. Her eyes widen in fear and horror but soon become dull and she turns around ignoring us. We whimper and lay down behind her. Astaroth sticks his snout through the gap in the metal wire’s and licks the back of her neck that is exposed.

Odette’s fist slams at the fence between us and turns around to look at me. Her fingers clench at the wires between her hands as she stares at me in hatred. Astaroth quickly hands control over to me as she yells, “Fuck the hell off,” she grits through her teeth.

My eyes widen in disbelief. All we wanted was to be near her and let her know of our existence but here she told me to fuck off. The hatred in her eyes scared me as I backed off. The pack members behind me were restless probably due to her reaction.

“Why are you still here?” She asks, staring at me with burning hatred.

“I’m not leaving!” I answer fully aware that she can’t hear me. I sit up with my back straight and tower her. She looks up at me with fear and defeat then looks away.

The smell of salt enters my nose which tells me she’s crying again. She flops down, “Do what you want,” she says and starts crying again.

I whimper and lean down placing my head against her back and can feel the fire ignite at the contact although it’s little. It’s proof that we’re mates. Astaroth and I listen to Odette cry which made us cry too.

The presence of the pack members lessen until I am left alone with my mate. Odette starts humming and soon her words enter my ears, “I’m still recollecting my memories

I have been hovering around here for a long time

After I let you go, being able to hear your voice

When I stay still and close my eyes, I can feel it clearly

Your scent, the sound of your breathing, down to your tiny smiles

You embrace me, who had been frozen up

Every day, every day, every day I miss you till I get tired and go to sleep

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, will I get to see you?

In my memories you are like a dream I wish to bring back

Beneath the dark skies, when I cannot see a thing

I have the courage to run off away to anywhere

You reach out your hand to me, who was filled only with wounds

Putting the breath back in me who was dying

You who gifted me with the world again

Even when we are apart I believe that we are together babe

Now I’ll look over you so that you won’t be lonely

Where you at? Here I am. We will meet again

You who gave me a gift I cannot erase

In the distance between us that has grown wider

In the leftover image of you that I cannot erase

Clear and vivid dream, I’m also like crazy today

You keep on hoping, someday we’ll meet again

I hope that my sincerity will open up a path to you

My every day spent missing you, until I finally reach the place where you are

I won’t stop, I will promise you

Some time, no matter where you are, I’ll definitely find you

I’ll definitely hug you the way just like you had wished for

Wait for me I’ll find you like a miracle I’ll find you

Will you let me live in a dream that is you forever?”

(Song by Monsta X - Find You)

Her voice was so enchanting but the words she sang stung my heart. Astaroth closed himself off as he whimpered in the corner of my consciousness.

“Odette?” Her father called for her coming out to the back. She didn’t answer him but slowly got up. She turned to look at me and kicked the fence then walked to her father who wrapped his arm around her and comforted her.

I let out a low growl then headed back to the edge of the treeline and watched the house. They lived in a double story house and her room was on the left of the house at the back. The light in her room switched on catching my attention and I could see her strip out of her clothes. The light switched off and I guess she got into bed.

The house became silent and I sat there outside thinking about her. Her wounds were the only things I could think of especially since she walked out earlier on only wearing a robe and panties. I couldn’t admire her body because of all those scars.

>Son?< I hear my father call me.

1