Paint Me In Your Shade – Final Chapter
31 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He lays down beside me. >Dad?< I answer him.

>Are you okay?< He asks but I shake my head, >Dad, Astaroth and I feel so helpless, she was crying and looked at me with so much hatred. Dad, did she reject me?< I ask with a whimper.

Dad shook his head, >Your mate has been through too much and for a good reason. The Moon Goddess would not have sent you to her if you were not capable of giving her your love. You have been in love with her since you knew about bonds. Meet her as you Christian and show her who you are and I believe that over time, she will accept you and Astaroth. You need to be patient and be strong for your mate understand?<

I nod my head and continue looking on. Dad sighed beside me, >The pack is worried about both you and her. Region and Spencer will look after her for you, you need to reassure the pack that you are alright and that everything will be alright son. Head home and I’ll watch over her until you get back.<

I nod and get up, turning around I lick his face and jog back to the packhouse on the other side of the forest. Breaking past the trees I run into the warriors on patrol who welcome me back. I stop in the yard and change back to human.

“Alpha, you’re back?” The pups jog up to me. I smile at them as Walker hands me a pair of shorts. I put on the shorts and ruffle their hair, “Yes, have you pups, been practising?” They nod their heads in response happily.

We head inside and I brief everyone on the arrival of their Luna. I tell them that it will take time to get her to be warm to us since she’s human and has been through much. I watch as they nod wearily and accept the instructions by their Alpha.

I sit down in my office going through the pack's paperwork. I see that most of it is done thanks to my Beta but I dive in to finish it so that I can be with my mate. Hours later a yawn breaks and I stretch my body.

I get up and head out for my patrol run. Two hours later, I head over to my mates home and nudge my father who looks at me then yawns. We switch places and I lay down closing my eyes but keep my ears perked up.

Around three in the morning, I hear a scream coming from her room and jump up. The light in her room switches on and her heavy breathing and sobs drift into my ears. Astaroth whimpers and fights for control saying that he’ll jump over the fence and rush to her side.

“It’s alright, she’s not here to hurt you anymore,” her father says while rocking her. It takes her a while to calm down and I get so upset with myself because I want to be the one to calm her down.

“Get up and go wash, I’ll change your bed sheets for you,” he says, making me frown. Odette sighs, “Just leave it, I’ll change it myself when I’m done.”

“But I already pulled the sheets off,” her father chuckled. Odette groaned and made her way to the bathroom. After a ten minute shower, the scent of mint chocolate drifts into my nose as she opens the back door quietly.

Standing against the frame of the door naked as she looked up at the moon, she scolded it, “You’re as harsh as your boyfriend,” she says, confusing me.

I step out from the trees and growl lowly. Odette looks over at me and smiles slightly. She walks over elegantly and stops in front of the fence. Under the moonlight she looks so beautiful, the scars and wounds on her body don’t show.

“Why are you still here?” She asks looking at me. I nod my head, “I’m here for you,” I answer even though she can’t hear me.

She sticks her hand through the fence and I lower my head to feel her touch. Odette rubs her hand through my coat and hums in content just as I do. The sparks burn my skin making me growl lowly happily.

Odette fists my hair making me wince from the pain. I howl in pain and she lets go. Looking at her I see that same look of hatred in her eyes and lose balance as she smacks me across the face.

I stagger slightly and look at her in disbelief. She punched the fence and kept on pulling at it then started yelling, “YOU BITCH! YOU WHORE! YOU PIECE OF SHIT! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU! I’LL MAKE YOU PAY! I’LL MAKE YOU PAY! I’LL MAKE YOU PAY! YOU WON’T BE LOVED BY ANYONE! NOT ME! NOT YOUR FATHER! NOT YOUR BROTHERS! NO ONE! NO ONE! NO ONE!!!!!”

I shook my head in horror, “NO! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!!”

“Odette!!” Her father calls from behind her.

She stops her yells and looks at me with a bitter smile on her face. Odette suddenly broke out in tears that turned into hysterical laughter.

Mr Ferguson walked over with a deep sigh and covered Odette with a blanket.

His eyes landed on me and he quickly pulled his daughter away. “I thought it was a lie that there were wolves in this part of the woods but to think that it was so huge, let’s go inside, I don’t want it jumping over the fence and hurting you,” he said.

I quickly whined, I don’t want her to leave.

Odette sighed, “If the stupid dog wanted to hurt me, he would have done it earlier on when we first met.”

“Huh? It’s not the first time you meeting it?” Mr Ferguson asked confused.

“Yeah, could you leave me alone for a while,” she asked him. Mr Ferguson kissed her head and left.

Odette turned to me and tried climbing the fence but didn’t make it far. She dropped onto her butt and winced in pain.

Astaroth took control in my moment of weakness. Ran back into the woods, stopped then ran back to Odette, jumping on a tree and using his back legs he jumped over the fence and stopped in front of Odette who took forever to get up.

>Astaroth! What is the meaning of this?< I growl at my wolf.

>Shut up human! My mate needs me and I’ll be damned if you ignore her any further. Odette needs us and she can feel the pull! I don’t care if she hates us or rejects us, I won’t let her suffer any longer!< He growled back at me and handed control over.

Astaroth is right but it is just too early. “Ah-ha you really can jump over,” Odette said as she grabbed onto my coat and tackled me down. She threw me on my back and laid herself on my stomach.

“Why did you come to me? I feel as if I know you from somewhere,” she said making my heart beat fast.

“You’re so warm and big…” she trails off as she continues rubbing herself against me. We lay like this for a while until she suddenly starts crying again.

I wish I could tell her to stop but I can’t unless I change into a human. She stuffs her face into my belly fur and balls her eyes out, “I want to die! I want die! I don’t want to live! Why was I born?” She asked breaking my heart.

Maybe this once, I’ll forget everything and just follow my heart. She’s my mate and I can’t let her suffer like this. Perking my ears up, I listen for the pack members.

Sighing relieved I hear my bones break as I change back to my human form.

Hugging Odette firmly against me I say, “Please don’t think that anyone will never love you. I love you Odette, I’ve always loved you even before today! When I was little I heard that one day I will meet my soulmate, love her and have a family with her. Odette, you are my soulmate, my mate, the one I’ve been waiting for. I don’t want you to die, if you die who will love me? It can only be you! I want to spoil you rotten! Take you on dates! Kiss you good night! Massage your body when it aches! I want to rub your feet and I want to marry you. I want to make love to you. Help you during your pregnancy, feed you all the food you crave. I want to be there when you give birth to my children and I want to grow old with you, watch our grandchildren grow up and die together with you. Odette, if you die now then what will happen to me? To your father? Your siblings? What will I say to everyone who is waiting for you at home?”

Odette’s body was frozen stiff in my arms. She stopped crying but I could feel that her heart was beating fast.

Hugging her tightly, I turned us around and laid her on the ground flat. Getting up on my knees, I  buried my face in her stomach. I couldn’t help myself and cried. I couldn’t feel her pain nor did I know how to comfort her – I was so weak in front of her when I was so strong in front of my family members.

“W-who are you?” Odette suddenly asked me in a low voice. I stopped crying and looked up at her. I hovered myself over her body and looked down into her eyes. She still had tears falling from the corners of her eyes.

I kneeled over her and used both my thumbs to wipe away her tears, “I am Christian Reed. Region and Legacy Reed’s older brother.”

“Wolf?” She questioned.

I sighed and nodded. Picking her up, I sat her down on my lap and covered her with the blanket after shaking it out. Hugging her to me I hum, “Yes. I am a werewolf and so is everyone at the school except the humans mated to the wolves. It’s like this all over town.”

“Mated?” She asked me.

I chuckled as I looked down at her. Pulling her face up between my thumb and finger, I kiss her lips. Licking across her bottom lip, she gives me permission to enter and I take the chance to explore her mouth.

Electrifying sparks explode where we are connected. We moan together under the moonlight and the smell of her arousal drifts into my nose. Sliding my hands under the blanket, I cup her breasts in my hands and fondle them.

Odette’s body trembles as she moans and whimpers with her arousal worsening. Sliding my right hand down her stomach I reach her hairy kitten and massage it. Sliding my middle finger over her clit and into her tight hole.

“Ah!” She catches her breath and tries to push me away but I dig deeper and massage her in the right spots, curling my finger inside her and making her cum.

To my surprise, with a light yell from her, she shoots out covering my hand all the way up to the bend of my arm. Pulling out of the kiss, the moonlight shines against the string of silver connecting our tongues.

“Every time we touch or kiss, whether in my wolf form or as a human, you will be burnt with the sparks of my love for you. The Moon Goddess brought you here to find me and I found you. It was bound to happen sooner or later but you are mine from now Odette Ferguson. After you turn eighteen we’ll get married and you’ll be Mrs Odette Christian Reed, my wife. The Luna of my pack and the mother of my children. You are not allowed to die and never let me catch you wishing for death, do you understand me?”

Odette shook her head in refusal, “Who are you to tell me what I must do?” My heart ached as she started crying again.

>Mark her!< Astaroth ordered. I could feel him try to take over and if he did, he wouldn’t be gentle and I won’t know how it felt.

Looking down at Odette I smiled. Placing my forehead against hers I whispered, “I told you I’m your soulmate, since you won’t believe me and are refusing me, I’ll make you understand by force!”

Christian walked into the quiet house silently as he held an exhausted Odette in his arms. He walked up the stairs and went to her bedroom, laying her down on the bed, he switched on the bedside lamp on the nightstand and looked down at his mate.

His eyes watered as he watched the scares, cuts and bruises heal in front of him slowly. Leaning down, he rubbed his nose against the fang marks that were healing and felt Odette shudder with a low moan and turned her back to him.

*

Christian closed her with the blanket and kissed her forehead. He got up and went to the bedroom which Gerome was in. The room was dark so he switched on the lights. Gerome was sitting up straight on his bed with red eyes and his face full of tears, he looked up at Christian who had an embarrassed look on his face.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get your permission beforehand but I couldn’t watch her suffer any longer,” Christian apologized. Gerome’s heart was beating fast and he didn’t know what to do. After Odette asked him to leave her alone, he went inside and watched her from Julian’s room through the window.

He saw them lay on the ground together and stared in horror as the wolf turned into a man. He was so frightened that he couldn’t do anything and the next thing he knew was that his daughter was being taken by that man.

Christian was nine years older and although he was handsome, it still showed. But the strangest part was that he wasn’t a man but a beast and he took his daughter's innocence. Receiving no word from him, Christion looked up and explained, “I’m the Mayor’s son Christian Reed. Everyone in this town is either a wolf or a human mated to one. This town and the surrounding towns are all populated by wolves of different packs which we are in an alliance with so no harm will come to your family. Us wolves are only mated to one person and Odette is my mate. I didn’t know that she was until I saw her earlier on. The wounds on Odette’s body heal through the bond which connected us when we made love but although she is healed on the outside, I’m afraid she is damaged mentally and I want to help her get back on track for you and your family and for myself and Odette of cause. I’ll be back tomorrow morning to meet you and your family properly and I hope that you can forgive me for taking her innocence so soon father… in-law.”

Closing the door, he went to take a shower and left the house. He didn’t want his pack or anyone to smell that he had mated with Odette especially since she was underage.

Gerome got up from his bed and went to Odette’s room. He didn’t want to believe that beasts words but when he flung the blanket off her his eyes widened. Gerome’s whole world seemed to crumble at the sight of his daughter’s beautiful scarless body.

Falling to his knees, he balled his heart out - he never saw any man worthy enough for his daughter and here, it was not a man but a beast that made all the humiliation on her body disappear with a night on the grass.

This was good, but it was not set in stone. She needed to heal inside as well in order to live her life free from the demons within her.

1