Bloodlust
188 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<A/N: Post a review or rate the work if you like it. Post comments too or hit the heart button! If you have suggestions, simply type them out.>

 

 

“Wait… was that… fuck, what’s wrong with me?”

While I fell down the staircase, I saw her face. Lee Young-Soon’s pretty face. I suddenly became conscious once again when I fell down.

“Ow.”

I rubbed my head. It was a head on collision. I was lucky to even be alive.

<Huh? You managed to regain control? Maybe I underestimated you.>

The thing in my head said, but I would ignore it for now.

‘Why am I so thirsty and hungry?’

I grabbed my throat and my stomach. It was as if I had not eaten for years. I looked at my body and it was boney and pale.

“What the fuck happened to my skin?”

<That’s what the hunger does.>

“Where is Lee Young-Soon? I gotta apologise.”

<You can suck her dry to remain at full health>

“Hmm, then I’ll have to find a blood bank if this is my life now.”

<It is best to take the blood directly from a living person.>

I heard groaning come from up the stairs, followed by slowly and heavy footsteps. I could feel my own heartbeat in my body. The very air brushed against my skin and my mouth was bleeding. The scent of delicious food entered my nostrils, causing my body to move on its own.

Up the staircase, there I saw five zombies. They were heading towards where I could smell the food coming.

“Like hell you will.”

I grabbed one zombie and threw him backwards. I sniffed the air again and the other zombies noticed my presence as their enemy. Easily, I jumped over the zombies and ran towards the source. I was feeling weaker than normal.

<That is because you lack blood>

‘Tch. What’s your name again?’

<You are yet to assign me a name.>

‘Huh? I have to give you a name? LOL, remain nameless then.’

I charged towards the scent. I noticed a white light up ahead and I decided to follow it. When I got there, I saw a dead body holding a cell phone with some zombies eating the body.

‘Sheesh.’

“Kyyaaaaa!”

A feminine cry came into my ears. Quickly, I rushed towards it, thinking that Lee Young-Soon was in trouble. This led me to one of the classrooms. When I opened the door, I found Lee Young-Soon on her knees with a naked boy behind her.

BA-DUM!

My heart pounced and my eyes started to hurt. I blinked multiple times and soon, instead of faces, all I saw were bodies with veins on them. I could see their circulatory systems and how their bloods flowed. That was also how I could see where the best parts to suck blood from them was. Lee Young-Soon was obviously the one in front.

I jumped for the person behind her and pinned his neck to the ground.

Quickly, I bit into his neck.

“Aaaaeegghh!”

He screamed, but he had nothing on my strength.

[You are consuming blood]

[Your health points are rising]

[Your Strength stat has gone up by 1 point]

[Your vitality is going up]

[Your transition into a vampire has been completed]

[Your system will be converted into The Vampire System]

When I had my fill, I rose my head up. The blood tasted absolutely fantastic. It was an exquisite meal that satiated both my hunger and my thirst. It was so delicious, it was unreal.

BA-DUM! BA-DUM! BA-DUM! BA-DUM!

I could hear a really fast heartbeat. I looked at the source, Lee Young-Soon. She had a horrified expression on her face. For a second, the expression on her face saddened me. I looked down and finally noticed what I had done. I had just consumed someone’s blood. The boy laid on the floor, not moving a single inch. I couldn’t hear his heart beat. I looked at my hands and all the blood on my face.

‘D-Did I just kill someone?’

[You have killed 1x human]

[You have received 20XP]

‘Ah… I see.’

I got off the naked boy’s body. I looked at the terrified Young-Soon and decided to simply walk away. She looked terrified and probably thought of me as some monster. However, when I passed by her, she grabbed my pants. Shocked, I looked back and she wore this sad expression.

“A-Are you Sung-Ho?”

She asked with teary eyes. I smiled and replied in kind.

“Who else would come to your rescue, Lee Young-Soon?”

After saying that, she punched my leg.

“Don’t scare me like that, dude.”

I offered her my hand and she took it.

“Sure thing. I’ll take my leave now then.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because you’re scared of me?”

“What? No. From what I can tell, you’re the most trustworthy guy I’ve seen today.”

“Eh? Seriously?”

“Yeah. You’re a horny guy who just wants sex but won’t try to rape a girl. I can feel safe around you.”

“That’s a lot of damage!”

“Ke, you should have thought about that before trying to look all cool and get me to go on a date with you.”

“When did I?”

“Now. You’re going to do that now. And I’m going to reject you.”

“Ah… Oh boy, I like you very much now.”

She picked up a piece of clothing on the floor and walked to the back of the class. Now stand watch outside and don’t take a peek inside.

“Eh? Why?”

“I need to change.”

“I won’t see anything. It’s dark.”

“Sure thing, Mr. Monster Eyes.”

She had me all figured out! Reluctantly, I walked to the door to stand guard. I could hear her removing her pants. The sound of her butt touching the table resounded in my ears, as did her low moaning.

‘Honestly, is she trying to use ASMR on me?’

At this point I was convinced that she was doing just that. It wasn’t working, but I wouldn’t be complaining too. With the sounds I could at least imagine what she was doing.

“What colour is your underwear?”

“Purple. Why do you ask?”

“Just wanted to imagine it.”

PA!

She threw a pen which hit my back.

“Hehehe.”

After a few more seconds of imagining what she’d look like, she called out.

“Ok, I’m done now.”

When I turned back, I saw that she was simply wearing her pants with the skirt over it.

“Huh? What happened to removing it?”

“Who said anything about removing anything?”

“Ah… but…”

“I don’t like exposing skin, so I just wore the skirt to cover the torn parts. It should be fine like this.”

I put my hand to my chin and observed her.

“Hmm, it does have its appeal.”

“So, you can see in the dark. Just like I thought.”

“Well yes.”

“Did you develop that after you got trapped behind the gate?”

She probed me, looking at me from head to toe.

“No. I’ve always been able to see in the dark.”

“Seriously? Have you always needed blood too?”

“No. That’s new.”

“What else is new?”

“I’m a vampire, I guess?”

“Eh? A vampire? Normally that’d sound like bull, but it is the apocalypse.”

“Yeah.”

“How’d you become one?”

“Don’t know. Just did.”

I wasn’t so stupid as to reveal my leverage over the entire planet to her. Certainly, those from the other 10 lines are in a similar situation as I am, but they definitely didn’t possess nearly as much knowledge as I did.

“So, is that why you’re so fast?”

“Fast? That was slower than my normal speed though.”

“What?”

“Yeah. When I was hungry, I lost most of my speed. I should be back to full speed now.”

“W-Wait! Are you telling me that what you showed wasn’t your full speed as a vampire?”

“No. What I am telling you is that, what you saw wasn’t my full speed as a human. I haven’t really gotten any benefits as a vampire. I can just hear and feel more. Also I can see your arteries and veins.”

“Ah… maybe because you’re a new vampire?”

“Maybe? Either way, what happened to the others? They all die?”

“I left.”

“Eh? Why would you?”

“That Hero guy. He gives me weird vibes?”

“Who?”

“The first year. I think he butted heads with you more than once.”

The image of who she was talking about came to mind. That annoying fucker. Truth be told, he also gave me weird vibes, especially seeing how he was obsessed with me. Like it was his job to oppose my every will and thought.

“Calm down, Fido.”

It would seem I had unconsciously started snarling. I was really pissed off with him for what he did. Young-Soon tiptoed to grab my shoulder and bring me in closer.

“Is this where you kiss me?”

I asked her.

“Not with that breath.”

“I brought mint.”

I mused.

“Sure, you did. But calm down, ok? Right now, I need your help to get out of here.”

“Ok, but where will you go?”

“I don’t know. Hopefully I find a safehouse with resources that can last a while.”

“Hmm? Then let’s go to my place?”

“Eh? Why there?”

I freed myself from her hold and walked towards the window.

“It’s basically a fortress. We’ve got a stockpile of weapons in there, as well as resources to survive a war.”

“Eh? Why do you?”

“My aunt’s a General in the army. One of the best there is too. She trained both me and my sister in hand-to-hand combat and weapon use. So I know how to handle myself in a fight.”

“Huh… sounds like a good idea.”

“Yeah. Besides. My sister’s there with her friends and I don’t trust them.”

“Why?”

“I just don’t. If they dared to touch even a single hair on my Bong-Cha, I’ll kill them.”

“*Cough* Sis-Con. *Cough*.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

She sat down and looked at her phone. I moved towards her and sat next to her.

“What are we doing now?”

“Nothing. I need to take a break. Running’s a pain in the ass for me.”

“Don’t you want to escape now?”

“Well, I would, but my ankle is hurt, so no.”

I looked down, but couldn’t see anything wrong with it. I went on my knees to get a better look at it. Upon further inspection, I could confidently say that there was absolutely nothing wrong with her leg.

“Are you sure you’re hurt?”

I cautiously asked her.

“Of course. My leg hurts since the beginning. That’s why you even died and became a vampire.”

‘Ah… I see. Some sort of trauma acting here. Well, let’s see what I can do.’

“It’s not your fault that I became a vampire. Besides, I didn’t die.”

“Eh? You didn’t?”

“Well, technically I did die, but it wasn’t your fault.”

“How was that not my fault? You had to carry me earlier, remember?”

“Well, it’s not your fault that my heart exploded, now, is it?”

“Your heart exploded? What the fuck happened?”

6