Back to the Past
299 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"..... Is he...." - Voice 1

".......fine......nothing...." - Voice 2

"....hgn....." - Man

The man grumbles from his bed as everyone turns towards him as the first to react was the head butler.

"My Lord!" - Head Butler

"Y-yes...." - Man

Responding to his call, the man groggily wakes up from the bed as he opens his eyes at a familiar ceiling. After staring upwards for a few seconds, he starts to stand up while being helped by his butler and once he saw some familiar faces, he opens his eyes in shock at the two people....

There, a young woman who looks her head downwards while avoiding eye contact, trying her best to hold back the urge to smile and hug him. The other, a young girl who held the woman's skirt while being worried and terried at the man.

'A-alive....' - Man

He could barely hold his emotions in check at the sight of the two people important to him as he wanted to hold them both in his arms.

However....

"I-i'm sorry...." - Young Woman

She quickly bows to the man as if she was afraid and holds her daughter's hands before leaving the room without even awaiting for his response.

After they left, the butler turn to the man as he suddenly felt surprise at him.

After working with the lord for a long time, he could tell that his master was a person who was a genius in every field he partake. However, his biggest weakness was that due to his drive to work and focus on his hobbies, he has lacks the social skills to even utter a proper form of communication.

It wasn't because of his looks because while he has a cold dead gaze, he still retains a handsome-like feature that even as a middle-age man, he still retains the young and vibrant look of a young adult.

Yet, his lack of social skills and the continuous strain of overworking himself with his hobby has made him anti-social with people and even lack emotions to express himself.

The butler could only tell through the aura as the man before him has a gloomy atmosphere while staring at the two who had left the room.

This shocks him as he knows that this is the first time the man before him had even paid attention to someone else and felt excited, knowing that his master finally paid attention to his family.

"Robert. I'll be heading back to my lab." - Man

After hearing those words, the butler's smile faded as he returns to his normal self.

'I guess that my initial thought was just a speculation of mine.'

The butler could only nod his head as the man stands up from his bed and begins to head to his lab without changing his clothes.

'Time travel, family....... Pamper....' - Man

However, the butler's guess was actually correct as the man before him had change yet still couldn't process the thoughts in his mind.

As a genius, he could comprehend the ideas before him had what happened and even began arranging the new memories he had from the future as it only took a moment's notice to comprehend it all to his mind and began to move.

Duke Artonis was a man who places action over thoughts as he could understand his situation without knowing what had happened to him as he heads to his lab where he can process more of the memories of the future in his mind and begins his plan.

After arriving at the gloomy lab, he began to take out the tools and materials necessary as he begins his work immediately as he already knows what he was going to build through the many blueprints stored in his mind.

After sometime passes, he was already half-done with his work before a knock could be heard outside his door.

"My Lord, would you like to have dinner on the la-" - Robert

"No. I'll will eat in the dining room this time." - Artonis

"........ Understood." - Robert

Artonis didn't understand why it took sometime for the butler to respond as he just put a few parts in place before leaving the lab and headed to the dining area.

The butler however was not even more shock to see that his master wasn't gonna get holed up in his lab and felt that something was wrong.

He knew that his master never leaves his lab and even sleep inside there and the only time he had left was doing his Territorial duties as a Feudal Lord and meeting with other nobility.

Artonis was a man who always prioritize his hobbies over everything, even abandoning his wife and kid for the sake of work as the moment he saw his master outside, Artonis just stood there for a while... 

"Robert, fetch me some clothes to change as I head to the bathroom." - Artonis

"As you wish." - Robert

One surprise after another, Robert feel that his master was slowly becoming different by the second as without delay, he proceeds to leave his master while Artonis head to the bathroom and started to shave.

After being holed in his lab for a long time, the only time he had shaved was when he had gave birth to his daughter as he wanted to better himself.

He cut off the long strands of hair as well to which once he came out of the bathroom cleaned off the dirt and uncessary hair, he had look a bit younger looking. However, he still has the baggy eyes from overworking in his lab as there was nothing he could do as of now until his work was finished. 

Robert who was outside the bathroom, handed him his clothes and proceeds to head to the dining area where he sees both his wife and daughter there but still looking downwards while avoiding eye contact with him.

He just stops for a while before proceeding to his seat as the room became silent as both his wife and daughter just started eating silently.

'This is a problem....' - Artonis

His wife, Lilia, was the daughter of a Marquis and was an excellent woman he had married off to due to a political marriage between their parents.

She was kind and lovely woman whom he could be satisfied with as she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. 

However, due to being born as talented, he often scolds his wife for being incompetent and often barrates on how not only she was a useless woman but also calling her daughter as not as talented as he was.

Because he was raised in a strict family where most children are talented, he often sees that those who lack talent, are deemed to be unfit to the household but he didn't exile them since he felt troublesome raising another family that he could only focus on his hobbies more and more to his disappointment.

It was only at the time where he worked on an experiment to which had caused an accident and ended up killing his wife in the process while his daughter could only weep in silence at a lost of her mother.

She tried to get close to her father to which he scoffs her off for not reaching his expectations as he didn't noticed that she was already walking the the dark path at that time until he was too late.

He was disappointed in both his wife and child, to which he could only work hard to build more and more into his hobby.

After sometime passes, right as his butler was about to leave for retirement, he passes on Lilia's diary as a sign to at least make an attempt to change his master's way before it was too late.

Artonis decides to read her diary out of boredom to which this gave him a wake-up call to his cold-heart and tears began to roll in his eyes as he wanted to see his daughter. 

Yet, he was too late to arrive as he could only watch his daughter being engulfed in a white light and everyone celebrated except for him who screamed in pain at not only losing his wife but his daughter as well. 

This causes a sudden shift in his mind to destroy everything in the kingdom, including those who killed his child and it led to him being Time Traveling back to the past.

As he look onwards at the meal his family was eating and a dissatisfied look his face could tell he wasn't happy about it.

"Robert, guide me to the kitchen." - Artonis

The new Artonis, who was a man who not only seek perfection, decides to 'Perfect' his family and their enviroment... 

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"M-my Lord, what brings you to the kitchen." - Head Chef

".... Fetch me the ingredients I require." - Artonis

Arriving at the kitchen, the chefs and the servants working inside felt terrified at their master coming inside as they formally bow down yet he ignores them and proceed to take an apron from the cabinet.

As a man seeking perfection, he grabs a knife and proceeds to swing a few times, showing off how skilled he was at weilding the sharped blade.

The chefs and servants were amaze at how Artonis wield the knife with elegance and skill as one of the chefs arrive with the ingredients he needed and he proceeds to toss them into the air and begun to cut them apart with such precision and skill before being placed in a bowl in an orderly fashion.

'Tch. A bit of a miscalculation.' - Artonis

He felt dissatisfied at a slight error in his skills but he just proceeds to carry on and begins to cook in such a speed that the guards who just stood there, feeling terrified at how powerful their Master was.

Yet, he ignore them as if they weren't there in the first place as he began to recall some memories to which some ideas were implemented to his cooking.

'My daughter likes her stuffed toys...' - Artonis

He remembers that she often hold her stuff toy in front of her as he decide to design some of the vegetables to that image as he took a deep breath and recalled his swordssmanship training.

"Hah." - Artonis

With extreme precision, he dice up the potatoes and carrots to the shape of his daughter's stuffed animal and while he was upset that some having slight errors to the shape, it will do for now as he felt sore all over his body.

'Tch. I better get back to my training after this.' - Artonis

After dicing the ingredients and stiring the pot, he orders his servants to take the dishes he made back to the dining area.

Skeptical, they all followed his words and places the dishes he made to the dining area where the women who was confused at his actions, turned into caution as they didn't know why was he doing this.

Looking at the dishes he made, both the wife and daughter felt amazed at how beautiful the dishes Artonis had made and are hesitant to eat this at first.

Yet, His daughter's eyes sparkled at how cute the vegetables were cut and even felt familiar at how they look exactly like her stuffed toy.

Lilia was skeptical at first but since she was kinda hungry, she decides to take a sip and the flavors exploded in her mouth.

After a few seconds had passed, she began to gorge unto the meal with a blissful look on her face as the daughter followed soon after taking a bite.

Artonis just stares at both of them before taking a bread from the kitchen and told his butler he would be heading back into his lab.

Seeing this change in attitude, the butler just smiles for a bit before thinking that this was just a dream before snapping back to reality by tomorrow.

However, this is just a begining to the surprises Artonis would bring.... 

11