Change
275 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early Morning, the servants began to wake up to prepare the meal for not only the Duke and his family, but also a light meal to get the energy they need for their work.

Yet, they were surprise to see that in the courtyard, the Duke was not only early to wake up, but he is also training such as lifting heavy weights while running and swinging his sword after that. 

He had clocked in early for that day after spending the night at his lab, working on the machine he was building and decided that he needs the energy to restart his training, deciding to sleep early than usual and rest up for tomorrow.

If he want to pamper his family, he needs to be perfect in shape, both body and mind to provide every needs for them. He doesn't want to repeat the past over again that he first work on bettering himself.

'If I am not perfect, how can I pamper my family.' - Artonis

In his father's words, he who is perfect can only make those perfect. He had followed that guideline to his heart that he needs to be perfect to pamper his family.

His body had already weaken from spending more of his time at the lab as he felt sore after exercising for an hour and decides to head to the kitchen to see how the breakfast was made for his family.

"Tch." - Artonis

"""!!! """ - The Servants

After looking at how mediocre the meal was for his family, he wanted to scold these people for being incompetent at how untalented they were. However, he wanted to see those faces of his family smiling once more as it pricked his heart and endure lashing out at them.

"All of you, watch me." - Artonis

It was better he teach this worthless fools on how a meal should be made for his family and started to prepare the meal again.

"The temperature should be this hot to boil the water......" - Artonis

"The vegetables should be this small to retain the flavor...." - Artonis

"Meat shouldn't contain so much fat and should be remove such that the proteins in the meal...." - Artonis

While he sounded arrogant in his voice, he was showing an example to the chefs in his household as they couldn't believe how beautiful his culinary skills that they couldn't be angry at him and focus their gaze into learning his teachings seriously.

After finishing, he ordered his servants to serve the meals right after the two women arrive at the dining room.

All three made contact with each other as both the women look down once more as he just stares at them before sitting down on his table.

The meals are placed once more and the women began to devour the food as he just sat there, staring at them while not eating his food.

Lilia saw this and felt uncomfortable being gaze at her husband but his words made her even more with him saying it without any hesitation whatsoever.

"Continue." - Artonis

She just nodded silently yet her posture change into a formal stance as she didn't want to be seen inelegant by her husband while eating.

Artonis just gazes both her wife and daughter without changing his emotions as Robert was the only one who finally took notice as he has been by his master's side for a long time.

He saw that while he was still expressing a cold and expressionless attitude, a small aura of flowers slowly started blooming around him as it disappears when Lilia turned to him in confusion. After she continued eating, the aura return once more as this signifies that his master was developing an emotion without realizing it.

Artonis just continuously stares at both of them and after they almost finished their meal, he started eating at a fast pace, timing to his family almost being done and timed it perfectly as all three had finished eating. His daughter being last to finish.

After they were done, Lilia dismisses herself from the room before her daughter following suit as Artonis just silently stare at both of them, unsure what to do.

He started to recall the diary she wrote and it spark an inspiration to him about what he needed to do.

"Robert, fetch me Aria's lesson plans." - Artonis

"U-understood." - Robert

Unsure what his master is thinking, he proceeds to follow his orders as he heads back to his lab and work on the device he was building.

"Done." - Artonis

He gazes at the device in approval as the parts were already implemented and only the ingredients were needed for the device to work. Since there wasn't much he could do, he starts to work on some side-projects he had left out since he felt like this might entertain his family as he already achive his life-long goal already and decides to spend his second life of pamering the two women precious to him.

"My Lord, this is the young miss lesson plans." - Robert

"...........tch." - Artonis

After reading a few pages, he clicks his tongue at how this has so many errors that he now knew why his daughter was incompetent.

"This is Trash. [Burn]" - Artonis

The books he was holding began to get incinerated as Robert felt shocked at his master's actions but Artonis was furious at how stupid this 'Scholars' and their so called 'Knowledge' was.

As a kid, Chrono Artonis was taught by his father about the world and even argue at points where both their side of knowledge were conflicted. His father was supportive of his son when he sent his teacher crying home after being beaten with logic from a kid. He even laughed and agreed of his son's freewill in the persuit of strength and knowledge by adventuring outside his comfort and Chrono was not only taught by elves but all sorts of races while improving his intelligence and strength.

The elves in their extensive knowledge of the history of the world, the dwarves and blacksmithing, tribesmen and the survival of the fittest. Chrono even went to the dragons, who showed their place as the apex predetor of the world. However wasn't a match by Chrono himself by not only showing his arrogance but even imprinting fear into their hearts how feeble and useless they were compared to him.

While he is arrogant, cold-hearted and mocks those around him, he always proves his point through actions instead of words and even improves through defeat. He will always strives to better himself and sees everything as a challenge since those gave him excitement in his life that his life-long goal was finding his limit.

After burning those books, he orders his butler to get Aria and bring her to the courtyard as he heads inside his lab to get some tools needed to start teaching her.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

'I-i'm scared....' - Aria

While she was preparing for her lecture, Robert knocked on her door and called out her maid to meet him. He explained that her teacher won't be coming to teach and instead, it was her father that was going to start teaching her.

She felt terrifed at the prospect of how harsh he was going to handle her and if she made any mistakes, she remembers how he had scolded off her mother as she didn't want to disappoint her father and fear he might punish her.

So, she and her maid followed silently behind Robert as they all arrive where her father, Artonis places his tools on the table.

"First things first, I'll ask questions on the lessons you were taught by your teacher and see how well he has taught you." - Artonis

"Y-yes!" - Aria

As he began to ask questions, she answered them correctly one by one perfectly. However, as time goes on, his face began to contort while she was slowly began to feel fear that she might had gotten the wrong answers.

"Tch. No need to continue anymore. I finally got the gist of it." - Artonis

'Oh no.... Father's mad.' - Aria

Seeing at how terrifying his father was, she looks down at being punished for being stupid but she then noticed that he was glaring at Robert instead of her.

"Robert, I precisely asked you to recruit an excellent scholar at the prestigious school. Money isn't worth the issue but it seems I have misjudge your excellence as to why an idiot had manage to teach my daughter such nonsense." - Artonis

"My Lord! His academic performance is that best in the academy and he provided such -" - Robert

"Tch. Not only are the chefs this incompetent at their jobs but also this top scholar you have provided might end up making my own daughter stupid. I can forgive you for this mistake as this bastard might had forged his papers. I also check in to the soldiers later on to see their progress. But... " - Artonis

Glarinh at Robert after this many events that take place and how incompetent the servants, even his daughter's teacher were this trash and decides that he might as well stop his hobbies and instead take care of things in his guidance and not rely on useless people.

After what had happened in his past life, he doesn't want his family to suffer once again as this time, he wants everything to be perfect. He has already finish making the first hurdle as he is already tackling his second goal.

Luckily, his daughter is only a child and not only that, her education with that incompetent scholar was still early. If not, he might had to hunt him down and make hin suffer for a long time for making his daughter an idiot.

As for Robert....

'W-why did I feel cold all of a sudden?' - Robert

The daughter in question, was just silently staring at his father as he goes towards her and guide her to the table.

"It seems that your teacher isn't fit to teach you as I'll be your temporary teacher for now. Until your grandpa is available, you'll have to tolerate being with me for now." - Artonis

While she felt scared that he would be strict in teaching her, she was actually surprise at how patient he was and even seeing her first magic right in front of her eyes.

"Water magic is an elegant magic which Elves use to fertilize their lands. They often train themselves in the art as it is their tradition to bless the forest and their tradition to their sacred tree. Their fruits are quite delicious and they will provide you with them if you exchange for sweets such as Honey and sugar. I recommend that if you meet them, give them cake instead as I remember that I was often praised to provide them with those and they hosted me to an excellent view at the top of the sacred tree to see such a sight of the forest. If you aren't scared of heights, you should do as I asked and you'll never regret your decision if you do." - Artonis

" Dwarves are a Weird race but are actually a friendly bunch and excellent weaponsmiths that provide everything you need if its metal related. They love alchohol, especially wine. I hear that they also love beautiful women so I'm sure they will treat you well there." - Artonis

"Since you like Sprits, I can teach you more about them but you only need to look which attribute suits you best as partnering up with the wrong Spirits might end up causing you harm than good." - Artonis

She soaked up all his teachings, from math, history to everything he wanted her to learn and even if some of his lessons were hard, he always look through things meticulously such that she could absorbed the knowledge she needs and not the useless things that might do harm than good.

He even made mistakes in some teachings to which she would correct them and was satisfied that she knows her rights and wrongs.

As she was slowly getting excited from his teachings, he decides to end it here for now as she felt dissatisfied to end but felt excited to hear that he would teach her more tomorrow afternoon and even show her how to bond with spirits.

Seeing her father leave, she quickly went to her mother and began telling her experiences with her father. Lilia seeing how happy her daughter spending time with Chrono, she felt a bit envious at how close she got with him.

'I-is it possible?' - Lilia

9