Chapter 10 – Visitors
1.5k 3 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I tried to forget what happens yesterday as me and Elaine-sama walks to school together as always. It's the adventurer's fault that he died, I warned him 4 times to leave the mansion but he refuse and force to enter anyways.

And as I thought everything will be back to normal, I was wrong. When we arrive at the school, bunch of guards are in our school.

"Hm..? I wonder what happened... Do you have any clue Lilith?"

"Ah... N-no... I don't..."

Crap... Did someone saw me fighting a adventure last night? I was sure no one but us is in the area. After that I summoned Alpha and asked her a question.

Alpha, are there any people besides us in the incident yesterday?

<<Not really sure but, there was a shadow hiding in the tree when you two fight. It's a shadow of 2 human>>

Do you have any idea who might those two be..?

<<It can be some random people wandering at night, or a teammate of the adventurer you killed>>

This... This is bad right...

<<Indeed>>

Me and Elaine-sama approach the guards, and talked to them.

"Uhm... Is there something wrong..?"

"Are you a student in this school?"

"Ah yes... I'm Lilith."

"I'm not asking your name, I'm just asking if you're a student here."

Well SORRY if I introduce my self to you, I just feel that it's rude not introducing my self to an guard.

"-Anyway do you know a student named Elaine?"

And now they are looking for Elaine-sama? Just what are they trying to do here... After that Elaine-sama herself step forward.

"I'm Elaine Clifford. Is there any problem?"

Ah... Why did you introduce your self to them...

"So you're Elaine. There was some witnesses that there was a demon living to your mansion, and working as a maid. Is this true?"

"No. There's no way a demon is working with me."

She's trying to cover for me. What a good girl~

"Also... There was a witnesses about 'your' maid killing a adventurer yesterday night, and smiling to their corpse."

They even saw that part!? I only smiled because I lost my self a moment there!

"Sir... I don't know what are you talking about... If you don't have any proof that-"

While Elaine-sama is talking, two people came to them and shouts.

"It's that girl! That girl killed Rei and smiled at him while killing him!"

So it's this people who see me doing that yesterday... I need to think of an excuse...

"Lilith. It's that true..."

Don't tell me Elaine-sama is mad... Well... It's no use... Let's just tell the truth...

"Yes. I did that..."

And after I answer, guards starting to point there spear at me. Because of this some of the students who is watching us back off a little. It's no use... It's over..!

"And may I ask why did you do that..?"

Oh right... A excuse...

"Yes. Lately this adventurer called Rei, has been following us being suspicious. So I lead him to Elaine-sama's mansion to talk to him. But when I said that he needs to leave, he attacks me. So in self-defense I tried to hurt him by kicking his legs. I once again ask him to leave, but  refuses and continues attacking me. Because if this i 'accidentally' use an offensive spell that kills him."

"Are you sure is that true?"

"Yes. It's true."

"Then why did you smile when he died by your hands."

Oh right... I need to come up of something, why I smile that time. Think... Think...

"Well? Do you have any answers?"

"Yes I do have."

"And what is it?"

"It's an 'habit'."

What the hell was that excuse?! So lame! What's wrong with me!

"A habit..?"

Let's just end this and start the class...

"Yes a habit. Everytime I use offensive magic, I can't help my self but smile."

"Oh... That's so... Then one more question..."

Finally we're almost done here...

"Are you a demon?"

"... No. No I'm not."

"Hm... Then we're sorry of taking your time, you may enter the school now."

Finally it's done. After that the guards left, and the class has start. Though because of what happen earlier, students in the school begin to call me a 'demon'. I keep ignoring them and pay attention to class, and try to relax on school.

After the school ends, Elaine-sama lectures me...

"Listen Lilith... If any suspicious people tries to enter the mansion, you need to talk to them and ask what is their business to this place. But if they don't listen to you, call me."

"Sorry..."

After that everything is back to normal. And again... I just said that, but day after that there's another visitors came to our school. This time it isn't the guards but someone/something else. It's the demons.

52