Chapter 41 – Abere and Kira
587 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Abere, I lost count when I reach 300 years old, but I think I'm about 350-370 years old right now.

I've been serving the demon lord Diavolo-sama for about 100 years until now. To be short, I am the demon lord's assistant and I'm always at his side.

Everything is going fine until this Lucifer guy shows up and took my place for being the assistant for the demon lord. I was mad because of my demotion, every night I am going for a walk at the forest near the castle.

I've been doing it for a month now, until I notice a human is laying against a tree. Normally I will kill him, but when I approach him I noticed the depressed look on his face.

And for some reason I am feeling uncomfortable, so I called for him.

"Human, what are you doing here..?"

He slowly looked up to see my face.

"Girl... Red hair... Horn... A demon... Heh... It seems that my luck is not good these past few days..."

He raised his both hands and talks with a smile on his face.

"Go on... Kill me..."

When he said that, for some reason I can't make myself to do it. I give a strong killing intent to him to make him run or something, but he didn't do a thing.

"(Sigh)..."

As I sigh, I walked and sit beside him.

"You... You won't kill me..?"

"Haa... I'm not in the mood to see blood."

He grin and and slowly lower his hand.

"So... What's seem to be the matter, human..?"

"... I've been pretty unlucky these past few days..."

"Unlucky..?"

"Yeah, like... Going on a adventure with your team and everyone dies except you..."

"..."

"And when you came back to the guild, everyone keep saying that you're the one who killed your teammates and 'steal' their equipments."

"..."

"And going to jail for a few months and the guards stole all the money you have."

"... As expected of you, humans... Greediness, betrayal, and rudeness... To be honest... You humans are more evil than us demons."

"Your damn right!"

We take some time talking like friends, until a telepath from one of the demons from the castle calls me.

"... It seems that I have to go now..."

"That's so... Can I ask something..?"

"Hm?"

"Can we meet again here at the same time?"

I didn't respond and leave anyways.

 And the day has passed and it's another night. I go to the location where we meet yesterday, but I am going not because he asked me to, but to go for a look out.

And as expected, he was there on the same spot. I approach him and he notices me. He smiles and starts to talk.

"Oh! One horned demon-san, you came!"

"One horned... Don't call me that."

"Then... What's your name..?"

"..."

Normally I don't just give my name to strangers even if it's a demon or humans.

"A... Abere..."

"Abere, huh..? Hm... Then... I will call you Abe-chan!"

"-C... -Chan..?"

"Do you not like it..?"

"No... You can call me whatever you want..."

"Then it's time for me to introduce myself. I'm Kira Kobayashi, and despite on my looks I'm still 24 years old!"

"Young..."

"Yes! I'm still young!"

No really... You're too young on my eyes... Even Lucy-sama is older than you...

And started at that day, I keep going at the same spot and keep talking to each other. I keep it secret to everyone that I am interfering with a human.

One day he shows me one of his weapon and it's my first time seeing it.

"This... This weapon is called Ruger Blackhawk!"

"Ru... Black..?"

"In short 'gun'."

"A weapon that called gun... It's my first time hearing and seeing it."

"This is a weapon that only I on this world have."

"Ooh... Then aren't you a famous person... Or perhaps a legendary hero."

"Nah... My rank is lower than average humans now, haha!"

"I... I see..."

It really hurts when he keep saying some of his past.

"So... This 'gun'..."

"For others, this looks like just a toy but..."

He open something on the 'gun' and put something. A finger..? I don't know what is it. After that he point the gun on a tree.

"You should covered your ear."

"Eh..? Why?"

"This is a loud device, you should better cover your ear."

"Nah... I will be fine."

"Then..."

After that a loud bang come from the gun and there's a hole on the tree where Kira is pointing.

I don't know what happens and why is there a hole on the tree, I can even see the other side through the tree.

"What... What was that..?"

After that he explained everything to me and seems that this 'gun' can shoot a 'bullet' and it will instantly kill a human if it aimed to the head or the chest where the heart is located.

The speed of the 'bullet' is so fast that even I (a demon) can't see.

He let me use the gun and I tried to shoot at the tree. On the first shot, I didn't expect that the recoil will be that strong, so I almost let go on the gun.

After some time and practice, I can finally use the gun without a problem. Even Kira is surprised that the gun didn't move even after shooting it.

Well... I am a demon so I just need to use my full strength and hold the gun steady.

And after that I keep going at the same spot and have fun with him and without me realizing, I started to call him Kira-kun.

And one day, I am excited for today to go to the usual spot. When I was about to go out, I decided to bring some snacks so I asked the cook to make some food and put it on a picnic basket.

I walked happily going to the spot and after some time walking I finally can see Kira at my sight.

"Kira-..."

When I was about to call his name, someone pierce their sword on Kira's chest.

"Kuh..."

It seems that a group of bandits ambushes him while he was waiting for me.

I dropped the basket on the ground with a surprised look on my face. And because of that the Kira and bandits notices me.

"Huh..? A demon? Don't worry miss, you will be nex-"

I create the same gun with bullets using my ability and shoots the guy who stabbed Kira.

"What did you do basta-"

And after that I shoot all of them one by one.

Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot. Reload. Shoot.

All of the bandits that is involved/near Kira is dead. It's been a while since I kill bunch of humans on a same time.

I approach Kira and checked his pulse, but sadly he's already gone.

I sat down and lay Kira's dead body on my lap and pats his head.

"Why... Why didn't you fight back..?"

...

"Is your life is not that important to you..?"

...

"Are you still depressed because of what happen to you..?"

...

"Or is it because... You don't want to see someone dying infront of you..."

I look at Kira's face and smiles.

"Your sleeping face is... Still cute as ever..."

...

"Don't worry..."

I slowly raised my hand that is holding a gun on my head.

"If we happen to be reincarnated... I will be your wife and live a pretty normal life... Kira-kun..."

I pulled the trigger.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

---Click---

"Forgot... I forgot to put bullets... Heh..."

--Click--Click--Click--Click--

I keep pulling the trigger even though I know that it has no bullet. I just don't have the guts to commit suicide.

And after a while I started to cry and hugs Kira. And while I was hugging him, I heard his voice and feels his hugs.

"Don't worry about me Abe-chan... This is my fate anyways... When our first met... I was about to kill myself on that spot until you notices me and started talking to me..."

...

"I promised you... I... Will always look for you wherever... You... Go..."

.

And after that I buried his body on the spot where we first met along with his gun.

I visits his grave every week to put some flowers and sometimes even talk to him even though I know that he will not reply to me.

Pain Peko

20