The Early Years – Kira
2.7k 11 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kira's story

 

A young succubus was flying over the island, looking for her mamas next prey, this is how she spent the majority of her time.

 

Looking around at the different life signs, she could see that they were all in the latter half of their lives. This could be determined by the brightness of the different lives. Most of the prisoners stayed in the mines where succubus eyes could not reach, and their charms were severely limited. They had to come out for water though, and this is when the mamas captured their prey.

 

Kira's job was to find these unfortunate souls since the mamas had issues. They couldn't turn off their charm ability. This sometimes rarely affects a succubus, this is because by default it is always on and the succubus consciously suppresses it. Kira had learned this from the few times she had spoken with her Mother.

 

Kira's mother was named Kera, and she was the current leader of the succubi. The succubi as a race had worked for the demons for their protection in exchange for spy work. Kera wanted more for her race, and she challenged the old leader for the position and won when she provided a home for the succubi. While most of her sisters couldn't stay here, it was the first place that was truly theirs since they came here.

 

The demons were originally invaders from another world. They got cut off and stuck here, the only thing the succubi have of that time is the statue of the great ancestor. She was the first succubus who birthed their entire race hundreds of thousands of years ago. It was said that the original succubi had come about as a result of her feeding, and that was how they were born.

 

Looking down, Kira saw a very bright life sign. It was like the sun compared to all the other ones on the island. Being the excellent hunter she was, she immediately began to stalk her prey. He was leaving the exchange and heading into the woods, she flew higher so he wouldn't notice her and began stalking the prey.

 

It was a young elven-looking creature, but it seemed wrong in the body. Almost like a tall gnome, or a less hairy dwarf. That didn't make sense though, as it was walking under the sun with no problem. It had dark blonde hair that was messy, and he was muttering to himself as he went along.

 

Kira continued to watch the creature, but she quickly grew more confused. It appeared to be trying to hide, but it had no idea what it was doing. It cut away at the foliage as if to clearly announce it had been there, and it left marks on trees.

 

Marking the tree's made it easy for an elf to find the person who did it, they had great senses after all. His footprints in the dirt would be easily seen by dwarves, and because he kept kneeling in the foliage to mark the trees, his scent was everywhere. This was all common sense to Kira, how did this thing not know any of this?

 

Maybe it is some rare beastman with a pure bloodline, maybe it is pretending to be weak?

 

This thought made Kira very cautious, she had heard many horror stories from the sisters of what happens when you charm something you can't possibly control. A daring succubus had tried to charm a monkey king and was ripped in half horizontally at the waist for her effort. That monkey king had beaten the shit out of her first, she had an accomplice that saw the entire thing. She couldn't feed as she had been damaged too heavily, it was death for any succubus.

 

Kira had always wanted to be a warrior, leading her sisters into glorious battle! Kira's mother had always been her role model, and she loved hearing her mother's stories when she came to visit. This was how Kira began to slowly prepare to become an adult. Without hunting, you don't eat, and all young succubi born in Kera'a generation used this island as they grew.

 

The boy finally made it to a tree, but it was already dark. The light didn't affect Kira's well-trained eyes, and she was able to see his life signs underground. He wasn't very deep underground, she wondered if this was some powerful creature that was hiding its power. The demons may have made a mistake, as it happened sometimes when they were sorting war criminals.

 

Most of the prisoners of a battle were divided as food to the various races, the succubi got the scraps. To live on the island a strict quota had to be kept on what the succubi could eat, this was to ensure the population of the island would be maintained. The demons were mainly positioned along the coast, and their territory resembled a pepper. The dock was the tip of what they held, and her mother feared they would be cut off one day.

 

The issue was that female prisoners were too valuable to the demons, some races needed them to reproduce their species. The succubi just didn't provide enough services to get any of them, this had caused Kera an endless amount of headaches. Kera had tried to figure out a way to make this a true home for the succubi, but she just hadn't had any success. Kira had faith her mother could do it though!

 

The mamas wouldn't be too worried about Kira, succubi lived such a long time that a few days was nothing to them. As she was still young, she wouldn't need to feed until she grew up. Kira never got close enough to get caught, right now she was on top of the tree the boy had crawled under. The boy was clutching his stomach and curled up. She assumed he was probably asleep, but he looked to be in so much pain as he thrashed around.

 

She soon saw him get up and perform this weird crawl with his backside way in the air. Kira went on guard and prepared to flee as he crawled up the tree roots slowly. She could now hear pained grunting and groaning, as he slowly stood up using the tree. Kira then saw something she had never seen before!

 

This brown liquid began spraying out of him everywhere! She had heard of beastmen marking their territory, and this confirmed her thoughts. The smell though was truly something, he must have wanted everyone to know he was here! Kira had to grip the tree tightly to avoid falling, and she was struggling not to gag.

 

-

 

Kira was very thankful for her superior succubus physique giving her great poison resistance! Otherwise, she did not doubt that any other creature would have died from that onslaught! She breathed a sigh of relief as she looked at the new tree she was perched on. She had quickly vacated the tree above his tunnel, that creature firmly marked his territory.

 

A few hours later the creature emerged with a very determined expression. It began to dig up lots of the clay the succubi used to make their own homes, but he was making some weird oven. She was so amazed at what he was doing, she didn't even know how much time had passed. The boy had a confident expression as he went about the motions as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

 

The most impressive is when he started placing a bunch of weak sticks in a strange pattern, then started stacking tons of clay on them and they didn't snap! He flattened this clay into a layer, then made some weird small shapes out of them. They almost looked like the top of a head, he made several of these. He put them in the large oven he built and then sealed it up. He placed a bunch of fuel under it but didn't light it yet.

 

The boy then put on a determined expression, as he stood up to leave. Kira watched him as he headed toward the exchange, and waited to take to the air until he was far enough away. It was now daytime, and she would soon need to tell the mamas she was out hunting for them! They should be pleased as usual with her, one of them hadn't eaten this month yet.

 

The only thing the succubi needed to do was make sure they were the prisoners, the demons sometimes sent representatives here. They were usually just here to inspect the island and do research on it. They had been interested in the marsh for some reason but seemed to lose interest. They sent so many tasty-looking people to the island, it upset the mamas. Most of the prisoners are branded clearly, but not always. The succubi always had to make sure after an accident happened a few decades ago and a demon researcher was eaten by mistake.

 

The boy went into the mines instead of the exchange, this made Kira feel kind of sad. She had been interested in what he was doing. This was probably a good time to talk to the mamas anyway she thought.

 

Flapping her wings strongly to gain altitude, she looked over the island. She saw that she wouldn't have to fly up the mountain as one of the mamas was already at the lake. As Kira got closer she realized the mama was already feeding. Succubi didn't care about their names very much, as they often transformed anyway. You usually only used them with family members as a succubus.

 

Kira decided to wait for the mama to finish her meal, it could take a few minutes sometimes. Kira could feed if she wanted to, but it was unnecessary for a child. It made more sense to leave the food for the adults that needed it. Kira soon was shocked to see her prey was approaching them on his own. Looking up she saw him watching the mama eating her food, since he was here anyway Kira walked up and inspected him.

 

This boy wasn't a prisoner, but Kira was thrilled to see his fear of a superior succubus. She liked this feeling as it was one of the first times she got this close to a prisoner. She had never seen one her size before that looked so easy to bully! After her night of observation, she didn't think this thing was anything special.

 

“Ah Kira, you are here!” The mama called her over happily.

 

“Yep! I was out hunting, but it looks like you have already eaten!” Kira chirped back happily.

 

Kira walked over and told her about her day. The mama listened with a bored expression, commenting back occasionally.

 

“Right, I am going to head back home, are you coming?” The mama asked Kira.

 

Kira looked at her, before glancing at the boy then looked back at the mama.

 

“I'll follow you part of the way, but I think I will keep playing.” Kira responded as she pushed out her wings.

 

The two succubi took flight together and lazily began to make their way into the sky.

 

The feeling was much like opening her clenched hands, but the feeling was out of her back. It felt more comfortable to have them out, but they often just got in the way. She wasn't old enough to transform yet, but she would be an adult in just 5 more years! A succubus was born as a baby and within a week grew to the size Kira was. They then stayed this way for about 18 years before they grew to adulthood. The process wasn't painful, but it was the first time the succubus would experience hunger.

 

This would then kick start the succubus' battle against the world to survive. One succubus surrounded by enemies, with only her skill and charm to rely on! This was a feeling Kira was looking forward to when she grew up! It was so exciting!

 

Now that they were up in the sky, Kira began to look for the boy again and quickly found him. He was so young that he stood out easily! Kira was soon happily following him again. He led her back to his oven, where he started it finally. Kira had seen the baked clay in the oven, it had a smooth rocky texture, unlike her rough little home.

 

Kira found a tree a little distance away and landed in the thick palm leaves. The boy had taken a pick and was using a rock to hammer at it when it was red. Kira settled in to watch him for the evening. Sleeping in a tree was nothing to a future succubus warrior after all!

 

-

 

“Wow!” That was all Kira could say.

 

She had seen him turn the pick into a bladed weapon, she liked how it looked. Kira had never really thought of using a weapon before, but she didn't like how small his was. As a succubus warrior, she imagined herself with a much bigger version of his weapon!

 

Her eyes were also drawn to the shiny black pots he made. The island had lots of shiny black stone, but the stone wasn't in a very pretty shape. The more she looked at it the more she wanted it, this was something she was slowly deciding. As the night wore on and the boy kept doing more and more stuff, she had been creeping closer. Her little feet and soft skin were well designed to dampen sound, and she had sneaked through the foliage.

 

This was all so she could see what he was doing better. Kira missed too many steps to be able to do the same though, she might be able to make a small ax as well. This didn't appeal to Kira as much as the pots did though. The pots were something that she could keep for a very long time, as a succubus had a very long life. They didn't tend to collect things as a result, jewelry didn't appeal to them very much. They spent the vast majority of their life drifting around and collecting food.

 

Kira watched the boy enter his tunnel and lay down, and she also started to feel tired. She thought of flying back to her home, but what if he made more pots? She would miss learning how to make them! They also had a stove after all, but she hadn't paid attention to the stuff he mixed to put on the pot. Kira knew there was probably a process to it, just like the bread her mother learned to make. Kira's Mother started the exchange after all! All for the sake of the succubi!

 

Kira suddenly had a thought, the boy had already seen her. Why did she need to hide? She was a proud succubus warrior! She would seem like a coward hiding from a mouse! Kira stood with a determined expression and made her way to the base of his tree. Pinching her little nose, she crawled down the hole.

 

The tunnel took some maneuvering, but a succubus has excellent dexterity! She soon made it down and saw the sleeping boy at the bottom. She chose a different corner for herself and curled up to take a nap. It wasn't as comfortable as her house, but it didn't bother her too much.

 

-

 

Kira was awoken by the sound of muttering, the boy was looking up the hole and talking to himself. Kira watched as his face went through a bunch of different expressions, finally stopping at resolve.

 

“I need to think this over carefully, and question the succubi at the exchange.” He declared firmly.

 

This sentence caused Kira to pause, he spoke such fluent succubus! She just didn't like that he seemed to be ignoring her!

 

“Why?” She asked.

 

“Why did you follow me?!” He asked excitedly.

 

Did the boy think he was hidden, he marked everything so clearly though?

 

“Why not?” She answered he made a path here after all.

 

These questions weren't as interesting as the pots, that is what she wanted to know.

 

“How did you turn the dirt into this?!” Kira asked as she pointed at the shiny black pot.

 

If her house was shiny like that, then that would be eye-catching!

 

“You can have the pot, you should quickly take it home.” The boy had a confident expression.

 

He was generous to just give her a pot, this was almost touching. Kira had seen all of the work that went into making them. She calmed her excitement and instead got to what she wanted.

 

“But I wanna know how you made it.” Kira started to protest but was stopped.

 

“No, that pot can't wait!” Rex said as he thrust it into her arms. “You need to take that back with you! Show everybody!”

 

Now that the pot was in Kira's hands, she couldn't control her excitement! It was so pretty to look at, and so smooth to hold. The pot was the same color as her hair, she found herself falling in love with it! Of course, she would want to show her new treasure off to the mamas, none of them would ever have such a nice pot!

 

“I understand!” She didn't tell him how jealous all of the mamas would be!

 

Kira moved her tail to help her hold the pot, she couldn't wait to show it off! When she was done she could then come back and learn how to make more pots, she could even have the mamas take him to the mountain. Kira wondered what else she could learn from him, her mother also loved playing with her food! Kera was able to learn all kinds of things, it was how she learned to make bread!

 

Kira soon crawled out of the tunnel, her tail held the pot to free her hands and feet. Every single succubus was born with this amazing tool, they referred to it as their third arm! Kira smiled as she looked at the pot, her wings unfurling.

 

They are all going to want their own pots, but I'm not gonna make them! I will have the most beautiful house now!

 

Kira smiled happily as she transferred the pot into her arms, and began flying towards the mountain. She frowned when she saw some prisoners come running up the path the boy had made. This caused her some frustration, how would she learn to make pots if she was bothered? She decided she would ask the mamas to come with her when she came back. While they had quotas to keep, that didn't mean she would let prisoners get in her way!

 

Kera bought picks and flour with the ore produced from the island, this was delivered with the prisoners. Flour was the most common food that the demons who didn't eat people consumed. The demons were comprised of a lot of different races, and they had absorbed new ones as they grew. They didn't have an easy way to refill their ranks after all. This had caused the demons to begin taking in new species from the mainland.

 

New races weren't too uncommon to appear, it was just questionable if the already established races would let them grow. Most new races were turned into food or slaves as they were discovered. The problem was the forbidden zones, they were places filled with monsters. Only half of the mainland was settled, most of it was too monster-infested to live in. Not without paying a massive amount of lives.

 

A portion of the mainland north of the elves and stretching into the beastman plains was a recovering desert that was a remnant of the past. The demons remembered the chain best as most succubi from that time were alive and well. The elves had gone through 2 or 3 generations, so they had the worst impression followed by the beastmen. Kira didn't know enough about the skaarm to say.

 

Soon she reached the succubus homeland, and a broad smile spread over her face as she saw the mamas in their little homes. They were all about to be so jealous soon!

 

Kira landed on the flat black stone and began skipping around happily as the mamas poked their heads out one by one. Kira's excitement rose as she raised the pot over her head as announced to the entire empty city.

 

“Look! Look, everyone! I have a jar... made of dirt!” It didn't make the most sense, but she was so proud of herself!

 

Kira could already see the jealousy beginning to ferment in their eyes as they saw the jar she was holding. The succubi were very jealous creatures, it's why the great ancestor spoke of trying to keep everything equal. Kira really liked this pot though, it seemed nicer the longer she stared at it. She could even see her face in it!

 

The mamas couldn't help questioning where she found the pot, and she told them everything. The mamas wanted pots too, so they also joined Kira on her way back. Kira carefully placed her pot next to her bed! As a group they all took to the air, the boy was immune to the mamas after all. Some races had people like the mamas that couldn't control their mana, these people were all incredibly weak!

 

As Kira and the mamas approached his tree they saw the prisoners destroying his stove. That was how her pot was made!

 

“Hey look! They destroyed his oven! That was how he baked my pot like we do with the bread!” Kira had planned to use that oven to learn to make pots, this was unacceptable.

 

The mamas could also tell that Kira was very angry, and they decided to eat the unfortunate fellows. Kira nodded in satisfaction as the prisoners ran at the mamas with drunk looks on their faces. The mamas were waiting with open arms. Looking at the tree she could see the boy hiding under it like a scared rat.

 

She was kind of shocked that he could hide in such an awkward place and stuck her face through the bushes to talk to him.

 

“What are you doing here? Why didn't you stop them from breaking your stove?” He shouldn't be too much weaker than the prisoners after all.

 

The boy looked at her stunned with his mouth slightly open, Kira didn't understand what she said wrong? You have to protect your things right? The mamas were taking their time with this additional meal, they knew Kira was angry at the prisoners. Being drained is more painful the longer it goes on after all!

 

“Why don't you let me know when they finish, I... want some time to mentally prepare.” He said this very confidently, and he was getting his breath.

 

Kira realized he must be very excited to meet the mamas for some reason, he had wanted to ask them questions earlier. Kira watched as tears started flowing from his eyes, but he looked like everything was just as he wanted. Kira had no idea what to make of this.

 

He must really want to meet the mamas...

 

Kira had been following him the last 2 days and he wasn't this excited to meet her, she didn't like this feeling at all. Kira's excitement had fallen a few notches, as she looked around and saw that the mamas had finished. She didn't feel as happy to tell him this though. Looking back the boy seemed to have contained his excitement. Kira took a few seconds to throw this strange disgusting feeling away.

 

“The mama's finished eating, are you gonna come out now?” She asked him.

 

As the boy climbed out of the hole, the mamas came forward to talk to him. Kira was pushed to the side as she watched this, and she felt that weird feeling in her chest. It felt like watching something she wanted getting taken away from her. She had found him first and she should be the first to learn to make beautiful pots. She unconsciously found herself moving right up beside him as the mamas were talking to him.

 

Kira quickly erased the feelings from her face, and put on a smile as she decided to take charge!

 

“Aren't we gonna fix the oven now!” Kira said as she urged him away from the mamas.

 

Kira was happy when the mamas decided to keep their distance, they would just watch for now. This was the same mistake Kira had made! She smiled inside, as she knew that only by standing next to him was it possible to understand any of what he did. Even then you only would understand the motions, watching him mix dirt and ash to bake a shiny pot was madness after all. Who knew what else he was capable of, Kira was smart for realizing the best position to watch!

 

She kept casting smug glances, as the mamas thought they could just watch from a distance!

 

Even as an old lady near the end of her life, Kira would smile in pride as she told this story. She was the very first person to have realized this, and she was happy she discovered it so early.

70