3. New Friend
2.6k 15 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's ridiculous and impossible," Susan stated as she sipped her coffee.

I grimaced, "I know. But it's true."

I was never good at lying. Worse still when I had to do it on the spot. Basically I couldn't 'think fast' and I had enough trouble making the truth sound believable. So I stalled. I put on the coffee machine then went into my room and pulled on an oversized tunic top, and finally offered to make her breakfast.

Now I was standing in front of the stove making Susan an omelette, and I just told her that the horns and tail were basically a malfunctioning costume. Which was more or less the truth. I told her a friend used magic to make them appear on me, and I thought they'd vanish overnight but instead they seemed to be stuck.

Susan was sitting at our tiny kitchen table watching me cook. She was half dressed, she'd put on her tight black leggings and a lacy emerald-green bra. We were both barefoot for now.

After another sip of coffee she shook her head and said "There's no such thing as magic. It's impossible. This sort of thing just doesn't happen."

I shrugged, "So how do you explain it? I mean, they're obviously real."

To emphasize my point I raised my tail up which lifted up the back of my tunic, sort of flashing my behind at her as I wiggled my tail back and forth.

After a few moments of silence Susan sighed "I have no idea. I mean, I guess the next option is you're actually a demon? But demons are as fake as magic. So you're an alien maybe? But again, unbelievable. And if you were an alien then why would you look mostly human?"

"I look human because I am human," I pointed out as I transferred her omelette to a plate. I already had some toast ready, and turned to set the plate down in front of her. "I'm a college freshman. I'm pretty sure they'd have asked some questions if I turned up for class in September with horns and a tail."

Susan sighed again but thanked me for breakfast. I had another glass of juice, but I was still too fidgety and energetic to sit down so I just stayed on my feet and busied myself by tidying up the counter.

"So let's say magic was real," she said after a bite of toast. "You have a friend who has miraculous powers, and instead of using that to make the world a better place they're goofing around and using it to give you a costume for a party?"

I blushed, "Ok good point? But I don't think she has like, world-changing powers? It's like anything else, like there's limits and stuff? And obviously stuff doesn't always work right, otherwise the horns and tail would have disappeared before you woke up and we wouldn't be having this conversation."

She looked thoughtful for a bit while she continued to eat.

After a few moments she commented, "Thanks for breakfast by the way. This is really good."

Before I could respond she added, "And I think we'd still be having this conversation regardless? I mean, I know I had a lot to drink last night but I remember you doing some very uh, creative things with that tail. I'd have wanted to know how it worked. I'd have wanted to see it. I thought it was on a belt or something, like some kind of animatronic prosthetic device."

I was blushing again as I confessed, "I don't even know what an 'eminatronic prophetic device' is."

Susan stifled a laugh, then just focused on her food. When she was finished eating I topped up her coffee then started washing the dishes.

Once I had the dishes done, Susan got to her feet and said "So this is the weirdest thing I've ever asked someone after sleeping with them, but can I have a closer look at your tail?"

She wasn't quite as tall as Melissa, but she was two or three inches taller than myself. She wasn't skinny like Melissa either, instead she was nicely soft and curvy. Her skin was fair, with a faint scattering of freckles across her shoulders and the top of her chest, and she had a few more on her cheeks. Her eyes were blue with green streaks and splotches. Or maybe they were green, with blue streaks and splotches.

"Uh..." I stared up at her sort of blankly. "How do you mean?"

Considering what the two of us apparently got up to last night I couldn't help wonder if 'a closer look at my tail' was some kind of innuendo.

However, it was not to be. She just shrugged and replied, "I want to see how it's attached, how the musculature works."

"Uh, ok?" I turned around so my back was to her, and pulled the hem of my top up so it was just below my boobs, exposing myself from there down.

Susan pulled the chair over from the little kitchen table and sat down as she sort of studied my backside. I felt her hand lightly touching my tail. She ran her fingers up along it till reaching where it connected with my lower back.

"This is fascinating," she commented softly. "I'd love to get you into an x-ray machine to get a better look at the bone structure."

I turned around and let my top drop down again as I asked "Are you a doctor?"

She got to her feet again as she shook her head, "No. I'm studying nursing with a focus on sports medicine? Like dealing with muscle injuries and broken bones."

Before I could respond she reached up to brush my hair away from the base of my horns, she obviously wanted a closer look at how they were attached.

She ran her fingers along one of them, and I responded with a sudden intake of breath as I felt the shock of sensation run through me.

"Sorry, does that hurt?" she asked.

I shook my head, "N-no... Definitely doesn't hurt."

This time she was watching more closely as she did it again. I suppressed the gasp, but couldn't hide how my body responded.

"Oh my God your horns are like another erogenous zone?" Susan grinned as she stroked it again, "This is amazing!"

I blushed, "I'm glad you're enjoying the examination but ah! It's a little awkward?"

She seemed to suddenly realize what she was doing, and took a big step backwards and pulled her hands down to her sides. She was blushing brightly as she apologized, "Sorry! I got a little carried away there."

"Yeah," I nodded, "I figured."

We both stared at each other for a few awkward moments, then she sighed and asked "So you figure the horns and tail will disappear? When the spell wears off?"

She actually sounded disappointed about that.

"Uh, yeah." I nodded, "I really don't want to try dealing with a hundred people at college all asking questions and grabbing my tail or horns tomorrow."

Susan looked thoughtful for a moment, then asked "The spell could be redone again another time though, right? So you could get them back?"

I felt my cheeks colouring yet again as I nodded "I guess? Why? I'm uh, not sure I want to be a research subject you know? Like I get it's fascinating, but I don't want to be x-rayed and examined and all that."

She blushed again and winced, "Shit. I'm sorry! This is all extremely inappropriate of me. I literally don't know if I want to study you or date you."

"Wait what?" I stared at her in surprise.

Her blush grew brighter but she nodded, "Yeah... Actually are you busy on Friday? Maybe we could hook up for dinner or something? Try this again without all the alcohol and hangovers and awkwardness?"

For a few more seconds I wasn't sure what to say, then found myself smiling. "Yeah, Friday's good. What time, where do you want to meet?"

We ended up exchanging contact information and picking a nearby restaurant, with plans to meet there at eight on Friday night. After that, Sue finished getting dressed. She had a black t-shirt and brown suede boots, then the brown robes completed her costume. She had a really cool lightsaber prop too, which she tucked into her purse.

"Thanks again for breakfast," she said with a smile. "It was a pretty wild night. And morning. See you on Friday!"

I smiled back at her. "It's definitely been wild. See you Friday, I'm looking forward to it!"

After she was gone I slumped onto the sofa, then jumped up and adjusted my tail so I wasn't sitting on it when I sat back down again.

"I hope you enjoyed that," I muttered to Lily. "That was like six different levels of awkwardness."

She chuckled, "I did enjoy it thank you, it was very entertaining. And anyways, it sounds like you've made a new friend, and you've planned a date. Congratulations."

I rolled my eyes, "How about you remove the tail and horns now? Like I told Susan, I really don't want to have to try and explain all this to a hundred different people tomorrow."

Lily just chuckled again.

"Why'd you put me on the spot like that anyways?" I asked. "You're usually a lot more cautious and secretive about magic and stuff? Leaving me on the hook trying to explain this stuff seemed kind of dangerous."

She was quiet for a few moments, then in a soft voice she confessed "I found your cheap and silly demon costume to be insensitive and offensive. You know my horns and tail aren't bright red, nor do I carry a pitchfork. And you know I have nothing to do with 'devils' or 'satans' or any other make-believe things. I wanted to teach you a lesson, but I realize it was foolish and petty of me."

I was silent for a few moments as that all sank in. Then I closed my eyes and settled back on the sofa as I focused inwards. I took a 'mental step back' and found myself in Lily's big luxury apartment in our head.

Once I was there I opened my eyes and turned around to see her. I was a little surprised to realize that I still had the horns and tail in here too, but I figured my internal body-image probably shifted to match my outside body or something like that.

Lily was sitting on the huge leather chair just to the left, in her natural demonic form.

She was eight and a half feet tall, with shimmering royal-blue skin. Her jet-black hair was long and messy, she had huge black bat wings sprouting from behind her shoulders. From the knees down her legs were like the hind legs of an enormous cat, complete with long wicked-sharp black claws. Her eyes were black featureless orbs that sparkled slightly like the surface of bottomless black pools. She had cute little sky-blue horns poking out from her forehead, and a long powerful blue tail stretched from her lower back. She was always naked, or at least in our head she was. Her body was large but beautifully proportioned.

Other people might have been scared of her, but I thought she was gorgeous. And right now I could tell she was feeling emotional. She was sitting on the chair with her legs pulled up in front of her and her arms wrapped around hugging her knees to her chest.

I moved to her side and pulled myself up so I was sitting on the arm of the chair. I leaned against her and wrapped my right arm around her as best I could, and apologized.

"Lily I'm sorry. I didn't even think about how that costume might make you feel. You're right, it was insensitive of me. I'm sorry I upset you."

She leaned her head gently against mine and replied "Thank you Mara. Apology accepted. And I'm sorry I acted immature about the situation. I'm supposed to be the adult in this partnership, but I let my hurt feelings cloud my judgement."

"It's ok Lily," I replied with a shrug. "No harm done, and stuff like this helps us understand each other better. And like you said, I made a new friend and I've got a date with her."

We sat sort of half cuddling like that for another minute or two, till I spoke up again.

"I have a couple more questions, if that's ok? You said the horns and tail weren't temporary, because of our pact? I don't remember anything in the contract though that was like a blanket consent for this sort of thing?"

Lily shook her head slightly, "Not in the contract. But you've been very adamant that our body is as much mine as it is yours? That means I have as much right to make it comfortable for myself as it is for you."

"Oh," I nodded slowly as that sank in. "Yeah, that makes perfect sense and you're a hundred percent right. And that leads me to my other question. I get you were upset by the cheap red plastic horns? But why'd you make my horns and tail red? Why not make them blue?"

Lily's cheeks darkened as she blushed, "Because nobody would have known what your costume meant. They all believe demons are red. Had I made them blue, people would have probably assumed you were some sort of sea creature."

I blushed slightly as well, "Ok that makes sense."

After a moment I suggested, "Maybe we can split the difference and make them purple? Sort of half blue, half red?"

"Maybe," she replied with a slight smile. "I thought you wanted me to remove them before you had to attend class?"

Now it was my turn to blush, "Well I mean, they're actually a lot of fun? But you said you were going to teach me some magic, to make them come and go? That would be awesome."

"Indeed," Lily nodded. "And since you're here, let us do that now."

The prospect of learning magic sent a shiver of excitement through me. I leapt to my feet half-shouted "Yay! Let's do this!"

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 10 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

166