16. Siblings
2k 18 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You shouldn't tease your brother so much," I whispered. "You know how freaked out he must be right now. And he's not going to stay like that, he's going to return to normal tomorrow evening."

Melissa sighed and whispered back, "I guess. But you don't know how rough it was having him as a big brother. Especially when we were younger, he was a massive asshole to me. I couldn't even count how many noogies and wedgies I got from him. Not to mention all the teasing."

I sighed, "You're both adults now right? And he's been pretty cool lately, and he's the only one of your family who still talks to you. And he's freaking out."

"He's passed out drunk in my bed," Melissa replied with a shrug. "He was freaking out before, now he's unconscious."

"You know what I mean, Melissa."

She squeezed me a little tighter and sighed "Yeah I know. I'll try to be good."

After a moment she added with a smirk, "It's so tempting though. And he's so adorably cute and tiny now. Just like you!"

I rolled my eyes but didn't reply.

We were both in my bed tonight, cuddling naked under the blankets. She'd had enough alcohol to get her kind of frisky and tipsy, and normally I'd be happy to oblige her in that sort of mood. Unfortunately I was a little too worried about her brother tonight and couldn't quite let myself just relax and enjoy a night in bed with my best friend slash maybe girlfriend.

Melissa shifted over onto her back and pulled me up ontop of her. She gave me a kiss on the lips and I felt her hands slide down my back till she was grabbing my behind.

She smiled up at me as she asked, "I have a question for Lily. Did she pick that form for Sam because she knew he'd hate it? Or did she pick that shape because she knew he'd like it?"

I sighed, then replied quietly "I'm not going to ask her that Melissa. Whatever the answer is, you'd use it to torment Sam one way or another."

Not that I had to actually ask her, I knew Lily would have heard the question if she was awake or listening. Honestly though I didn't want to know the answer either. The whole thing was just to get Sam to believe us about magic, so hopefully he'd stop digging for more answers.

All I really wanted was once he was back to normal he'd just accept me and Melissa for who we were, keep what he'd learned to himself, and the two of them could continue to be friendly brother and sister to each other.

So I didn't want Melissa antagonizing him or making things worse for him, and I didn't want Lily tempting him or trying to pull him into some sort of deal with her. Though if she decided to do that, I couldn't actually stop her. I just didn't think it was necessary, when all this was just to get Sam to relax and stop prying into Melissa's transition and my past.

Melissa pouted at me and gave my butt another squeeze, "C'mon Mara, I promise I won't tease him! I just want to know who's idea it was to make him look like that."

I shook my head, "No. And don't get used to it. Now c'mon, let's get some sleep."

She was still pouting, but she didn't argue. The two of us eventually drifted to sleep together with me still laying on top of her.

In the morning I was the first one up as usual, and managed to slip out of bed without waking Melissa.

I pulled on a night-shirt then made my way into the kitchen and put the coffee machine on. I knew Melissa would want that, and figured Sam would too. I got myself some juice, then had a look in the fridge. I felt like making something fancy for breakfast, and after figuring out what we had on-hand I decided omelettes would be a good choice.

I started getting things ready, pans on the stove and plates and cutlery out and all that. I kept quiet, but the smell of coffee got Melissa up fairly quickly.

She wandered naked into the kitchen and mumbled a sleepy greeting to me then poured herself a coffee. I had a sip of juice and just leaned against the counter as I watched her.

"It's Sunday morning, why're you up so early?" she asked with a frown. "And what's with the nightshirt?"

"We have company, remember?" I replied, and gestured towards the three places I'd set at the table. "Your brother's here?"

She stared at the table for a few moments then had another sip of coffee. Finally she smiled "My little brother. Oh my gosh he's so cute like that."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't get used to it, he'll be back to normal by this evening."

Melissa pouted, "You spoil all my fun."

"I'm pretty sure that's not true," I replied with a smile. I had some more juice then asked "You're not going to put anything on? What if he sees you like that?"

After another sip of coffee she shrugged, "I'm sure he's seen boobs and pussy before. It's not going to turn him straight."

I gave her a look but she just smirked and shrugged, then went out to sit on the sofa. I went back to doing my prep-work for breakfast.

A minute later I heard Melissa say "Hey Sammie, good morning! Mara's got coffee on in the kitchen, go help yourself."

Shortly after that, Sam shuffled into the kitchen.

I turned to greet him but sort of froze for a second and stared. He was still dressed in the leggings and top, but he was barefoot now. He looked sleepy, shy, and anxious. The expression on his face was a sort of a sleepy nervous pout. His hair was messy and some of it was hanging down in front of his face. And the whole thing together with his petite skinny body just made him look absolutely adorable and vulnerable.

I wasn't attracted to guys at all, but right at that moment I really wanted to hug Sam and cuddle him and protect him and let him know everything was going to be ok.

Instead what I actually did was gulp, then gesture towards the counter "Coffee's there. Sugar's in the jar by the machine. Milk's in the fridge."

He just nodded quietly and moved to the counter. I watched him fix himself up a coffee, and it looked like he took his the same as Melissa, double-double. He turned and leaned against the counter then brushed the hair out of his face before he took a sip of coffee.

I blushed slightly as I realized I was still staring at him. I asked softly, "How are you doing, Sam? Are you coping ok?"

He slowly shook his head as he replied softly, "I feel like I'm losing my mind."

I moved up closer and put an arm around him, "There's less than twelve hours left till it wears off. You're going to be ok. Everything's going to go back to normal."

He actually leaned into me when I put my arm around him. He shook his head, "No, it won't go back to normal. Even after this wears off I'll still remember it happened. I'll still know Melissa was changed with magic. I'll know you were dead."

He added, "I remember meeting you, and I remember Melissa talking about you. And you're the same friendly goof you were before. And all of this is... I don't know what? It's overwhelming. Like everything I knew about the world when I woke up yesterday morning, it's all been shattered now."

I sighed as I continued to hold him, "Sam I know it's a lot, but I know you can handle it. Melissa handled it. My mom handled it. You will too, just give it some time."

Sam stayed where he was for now, leaning against me. I felt one of his arms move around my waist so we were practically hugging each other. He still had his coffee in the other hand, and had a sip of it but he didn't seem in any hurry to let go or move away from me.

After another minute or so he asked quietly, "How'd you handle it? I mean, you said you were trans so I guess suddenly being a girl was good? But I remember you were my size before. You were taller than Melissa, right?"

I shrugged slightly, "It was different for me. I'd just been killed, so I was dealing with that experience. Then being suddenly not-dead was a big relief. I guess the height stuff was like, it felt super weird for a day or two or three? Like light switches, doorknobs all in the wrong place. And my mom and Melissa both suddenly being taller. Like Melissa towered over me, that was freaky as hell at first. But you aren't going to have to get used to this Sam. It's going to wear off. Just ride it out and you'll be fine."

He quietly sighed and had another sip of his coffee. He didn't look very confident though.

"I'm going to make omelettes for breakfast, ok?" I tried to sound positive and confident for him. Like I figured just act like things are normal and stuff, that might help him calm down. "Maybe some wholesome food will help you feel better."

Before Sam could respond, Melissa walked into the kitchen then stopped in her tracks. She'd been heading for the coffee machine to get a refill, but now she was staring wide-eyed at me and her brother as we stood there hugging each other.

She had a huge smile on her face as she stared, and asked "Oh my gosh are you two...?"

I gave her a warning look and stated in a firm voice, "Melissa I love you but right now I need you to shut up and put on some clothes."

My best friend sort of blinked as the smile vanished from her expression. She nodded, "Sorry Mara. I'm sorry Sam."

She left her empty mug on the table and turned and headed back to her bedroom. Sam finally let go and moved away from me. He was blushing and looked uncomfortable now, but he said softly "Thank you Mara."

I gave him a friendly smile, then I got started making breakfast. I was getting pretty good at omelettes, though making three at once was still a bit of a challenge. I put some bacon and cheese in Sam's and Melissa's, and had some cheese and spinach in mine. Then rather than eating at the little kitchen table, the three of us took our plates back out to the living-room. Sam was on the recliner again, while Melissa and I sat together on the sofa.

He had a bit more of an appetite this morning, or maybe my cooking was just that good. Either way he seemed to enjoy it.

When he was done he had some more coffee and said "That was really nice, thanks Mara. I uh, didn't think you'd know how to cook."

I smiled, "I've been teaching myself I guess, sort of trial-and-error? It's a lot more fun than I realized."

Melissa smirked, "She's also very clean and neat. She'd make an excellent maid, or wife even."

I rolled my eyes but I continued smiling.

Sam watched the two of us, then changed the subject and asked me "Mara you said the magic came from an ancient sorceress? But last night I didn't see any sorceress or anyone else here. It was you, right? You're the one who uh, used magic on me?"

"Yeah," I grimaced. "So my ancient powerful magical friend, she doesn't have her own body? We're basically sharing this one. Like there's two of us in here, but mostly it's me, Mara. When that magic happened though, it was her. We switched places and she took over and did the spell or whatever, then I came back after."

He frowned and rubbed his forehead, "So you're plural? You have a powerful ancient sorceress as a headmate?"

"I guess?" I shrugged. "I'm not familiar with those terms but I kind of like the sound of them."

Sam clarified, "I know someone at college who's plural. That's how I know the language. Uh, they don't have any magical beings in their system though. As far as I know."

That made me smile, "Me and Lily would probably be very interested if they did."

When we were all done with breakfast I got up and did the dishes. I could hear Melissa and Sam talking, and I was glad to hear my best friend apologize to her brother for how she'd been acting. It sounded like the two were going to stay friendly, which was a huge relief to me.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 23 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

139