chapter 2
2.5k 14 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2.

 

I set the note back down onto the pillar where I had found it. I hollered loudly in glee and joy; raising my hands high in the air, I yelled, “Fuck yeah!” I was going to a magic world. “Holy shit,” I thought. I needed to collect myself and think.

 

The platform I found myself on was resting just above a rolling sea of chaos, and the black, blank expanse of the void stretched above me. It was terrifying, but who cares. “Magic, right.” I thought. 

 

My life back on earth was not especially good or bad. I was a welder and worked in the construction field. I was partially educated and, as such, was an oddity in the field. I found myself working more closely with the engineers on any project than I did with my fellows of the blue-collar. I had just turned thirty years old when I had driven through what I assumed to be a crack in reality.

 

I had fallen in love with RPGs of all sorts from a young age and spent a lot of my adult life playing computer and tabletop games. So, I had a tentative grasp on what was happening. Everyone daydreamed at one point or another about going into a story they love. Earth is filled with stories from history of peoples disappearing to magical worlds. The fact it happened to me, well, that was just a plus. 

    

“Right enough about that,” I said. 

 

‘Magic,’ I thought, forming my plan of action. It sounded to me like the more I could not freak out during my time in the sea of chaos, the more power I would be able to claim. I was going to grab as much of the power the note talked about as I could. 

 

I thought about the vague outlines of a world I wanted to end up on. I wanted magic and, more to the point, sorcery. Sorcery was a wonderfully intuitive way of controlling magic and mana. Allowing for the wielder of such powers to become wonderfully overpowered, and I was going to gank the hell out of this opportunity if I could. 

 

    “Ok, first, what magics do I want to try and claim?” I thought. “First, I am going to need to understand the core principles of magic or mana. So, something like arcane mana sorcery.” I thought. 

 

Then I began listing the elements I would focus on, listing them on my fingers as I went. Earth and the subsequent metals and crystalline structures. Fire or, to be more exact, energy. The addition or subtraction of that energy. A little bit of water and air magic for good measure. Can’t forget healing and last force or kinetic energy. If I had time, then I would go for life, death, and summoning. I needed to keep in mind languages and mental resistances as well. 

 

With my hopeful list assembled and sorted in my mind, I looked out from the platform. It was terrifying, but jumping back into the sea of chaos was my only choice. I sorted my mind filling it with the forms of sorcery I wanted. I was thankful now that I had spent a great deal of time meditating on earth. Using some old tricks, I knew for clearing my mind; I did the inverse instead. Stuffing my mind to the brim with nothing else but the ideas of where I wanted to go and the magics I wanted to claim.

    

When my mind was set like the roots of the mountains, I did not hesitate. I ran with all my power to the edge of the platform and threw myself off. As I sailed out into the void and down into the sea of chaos. I tucked my knees to my chest and wrapped my hands around them, then I screamed, “CANNONBAAAAAALL!!!” 

 

72