Chapter nineteen C.
1.8k 15 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter nineteen C.

 

       The Queen faerie Thera hovered at eye level, knocking politely on the glass door that led onto the balcony. I walked over to the door and opened it, “Good morning Thera, is everything alright?” I asked.

 

       “Yes, Master Grayson, everything is well. Timmothy sent me over to see if you were planning on viewing the houses today. Also, to see if you will be dinning aboard ship again tonight?” Thera asked, giving a regal curtsy in midair.  

 

       “Do we have dinner plans to night?” 

 

       “We were going to eat in the cafeteria or grab something at a tavern maybe?” Ashley said noncommittally.

 

       “Does tomorrow work for you Ashely to view the houses, I have some business I need to finish in the city today?”

 

       “Yes, I have free time unlike some.” She said, sticking out her tung at Rachel. 

 

       “Thera, tell Timmothy to have a carriage ready for tomorrow. We will not be eating aboard tonight; I still expect you all to eat well, you understand me?” I said in mock scorn.

 

       “Absolutely Master Grayson, we will uphold your standards even if you are not present. Have a wonderful day Master.” Thera said, giving another polite curtsy from her small white dress, and in a flash of blue streaming hair, the little fairy flew back down to the harbor below.

 

       I stood out on the balcony for a second, admiring how high I truly was. This side of the tower faced the bay, and all the shops, houses, and roads could be seen. I could even see my ship far below. The giant statues stood in stark relief at the opening of the bay, and I tilted my head, having noticed that they appeared to have moved slightly.

 

       I asked back into the apartment, “Do the statues move?”

 

       “I’m surprised you noticed so soon, yes the Goddess Sippsie is on the decent now, towards the base of God Ack’s cock. She will fully ingulf him by the winter solstice and then begin to take him from her throat, ending at the tip on the summer solstice. Endlessly pleasuring his man hood.” Rachel answered. 

 

‘hum…interesting.’ I thought as I moved back inside. I pulled out my watch, and it read 9:45. It was time to go to the first mandatory class at the imperial college. 

 

 Ashley and Rachel accompanied me as we took the elevator to the classroom level of the tower. The classes were all held on the first layer of the tower. Walking from the gilded elevator, its attendant politely bowing to us as we left, we walked down a short ornate hallway that ended in a set of already open large bronze doors. 

 

Students of varying ages filled the hallway, getting off from other elevators. The classroom was a large amphitheater that could hold thousands. The low hum of noise from conversations and shuffling bodies drowned out any attempt at conversations. Rachel led us down isle rows and found three seats next to each other. Taking the large, cushioned leather seats, they resembled nothing like earth schools; these seats were more akin to lounge chairs. 

 

At exactly 10, the noise from the room quieted, and an older-looking man walked out onto the stage. He wore a long black robe that was thin and obviously thrown over the clothes he had on underneath. Moving to the single podium, he said, “Welcome exalted Lords and Ladies pleas all rise for the Imperial Devotion.”

 

The whole auditorium class stood, and as a black flag with a gold imperial eagle unfurled, its wings splayed in victory, surrounding it where chains and shackles instead of the loral leaves. Clutched in its talons was a plaque with the letters [E*M*L*C].  

 

“Eternally devoted we stand with the Emperor, forever the Exalted noble mages defend. Under Ack we obey, by Alleystra we thrive, by Sippsie we are pleased and by Roxclou we are served.”

 

The pledge ended, and the roaring in the auditorium quieted as everyone took their seats. 

 

“It is the responsibility; no, it is the honor for Imperial citizens to raise the beast kin animals to the level of demi humans. By impregnating the beast kin with the powerful seed given to us by the divine right of God Ack, we have the duty and privilege to raise the savage and unknowing beast kin to the level of demi humans. And through enough breeding’s of our lesser they may come to find a more perfect human form. What is the duty of Exalted mages?”

 

“Defend the Empire! breed the savages!” The auditorium rumbled in unison.

 

“The lowly savages dare to try and conflict with our most perfect Empire. When trying to bring them under the fold of the Emperor Tagin they resist because they know no better. Through the enlightened hand of our mages, you Exalted ones, their stumbling attacks are made low, and we can bring the animals under the fold of the mighty Empire. Why are we gifted the Exalted mages?”

 

“Defend the Empire! Bring Roxclou’s laws to the savages!” 

 

“In the darkest times when monsters hounded the walls of the Empire and dungeons burrowed under our feet the great and mighty Exalted mages laid low our enemies. Forever the Empire shows its thanks by lifting up those who may be called exalted ones. As the worthless beast kin animal tried to subdue the might of the Empire it was the exalted mages with the power of the Gods Ack and Roxclou who subdued their foolishness. Forever binding them in service to the might of the Exalted mages. Who are the exalted mages?”

 

“The defenders of the Empire! Chosen of God Ack!”

 

‘Well…This is just fucked…This is more a propaganda education session than anything else…I guess I know why it’s mandatory…fuck this is going to be a lot of work….’ As I stopped paying attention to the man speaking, I began to look around to see how far down the rabbit hole these people really were. Luckily, Ashley was not paying attention at all, and if she had had a cell phone, she would have been scrolling social media; she was instead playing with a Rubik’s cube-like puzzle toy. Completely not paying any mind to the speaker. Rachel was hunched over, working diligently on a sigil for an enchantment; each girl only halfheartedly mumbled the responses. Scanning the crowd, I noticed that most of the students had the same board look. Due to the number of people, the replies came across as a mumbled roar and lacked the fervent mania of some hate-filled rally.

 

For the next hour and a half, the hate-filled speech continued. The replies of the audience came intermittently. It was everything a divine right expansionist enthusiast would jump behind and dehumanizing to the point if I had paid any closer attention to it, I knew I would have been sick. 

 

The only thing educational was thrown in at the end when the speaker told the mages to keep in mind the effects, they wanted their spells to have. This was given as an important safety tip and only lasted fifteen minutes. ‘yeah…like if casting a lightning bolt, focus on the enemy, or it may chain into your allied party members…for fucks sake.’

 

The generously labeled class ended when the speaker left the stage through the door at the back of the stage he had come through. I stayed in my seat, and so did Ashley and Rachel letting the throng of people file out of the auditorium. 

 

“I can’t believe….” I started to speak, but Rachel put her hand on mine and shook her head slightly. 

 

After a few more minutes, we made our way to the elevator and went back to our apartment. Both Ashley and Rachel had plastered smiles on their faces as they guided me back to our room.

 

Once inside the sitting room, Rachel once more put her finger to her lips as she pulled out a small silver disk. I felt her pour mana into it and watched as a network of runes sprung up along the floor, ceiling, and walls of the apartment. This took a few minutes, but when it was done, Rachel looked slightly tired as she fell back into a seat.

 

“Now we can talk freely, a little gift from father’s legion spy master. Makes sure only the Empires praises are heard from the listening runes placed in the room.” Rachel added. 

 

“Wait…What…they spy on us?”

 

“Is that surprising. The Empire ruthlessly roots out any dissidents. Its best to remember, it is a death sentence to all who would oppose the Empire.” Rachel answered.

 

“Progressive views like Rachel and mine have are not outlawed but it is close, so it is best to be careful.” Ashley added.

 

“So, you both don’t agree with everything said?” I asked.

 

Rachel and Ashley looked at each other, then Rachel answered. “No, it’s not that the Empire isn’t the most magnificent, it’s just antiquated.”

 

“Yeah, the Kitsune are wonderful their not savages at all. Well, maybe when they’re in heat, but…but…Well there just so beautiful and great.” Ashley stammered to find a justifiable reason not to hate the Kitsune. 

 

“Well, you know I think its vile. Are all the classes like that?”

 

“No, just the Mundness one.”

 

“So, can we talk freely in here normally?”

 

“Yes, I remove the enchantment on Mundness then put it back after class. It’s when they check the rooms.”

 

“Great…So should I change if I am going out or stay in the uniform?”

 

“I would change, unless you want everyone scraping and bowing to you?”

 

“No that would not be pleasant right now. Will talk more later about this. I need to run some errands before we head to dinner.” I said, my slight foul mood apparent.

 

“Yes, Lord husband.” Rachel said with a demure bow that only made me feel like more of an ass.

 

“Yes, Lord husband.” Ashley added with the same subservient movement. 

 

‘Great don’t be an ass to them…It’s not their fault.’ I thought as I went into my bedroom to change.

 

  Standing once more at the gate to the beginning of the marina, I set off down the walkway. I had left Sasha and Milly in the room, not in the mood to subject them to the outside world right now. I needed to sell the large amount of cloud wool cloth I had. I knew it was exceedingly valuable and just needed to find the right shop. 

 

“Do you know any good tailoring shops in the nobles district?” I asked, to a waiting centaur man that was hooked up to a rickshaw carriage. 

 

“I know a few Lord any particular style of clothing you are looking for?” He said in a rich voice. 

 

“I have some exotic cloth to sell.”

 

“I know just the place.” He said as I handed him a silver coin and hopped in the back. 

 

I sat back and closed my eyes, thinking about everything I had heard earlier. Mulling things over in my mind, I let the guilty unease I felt settle. The ride took a good half hour to make it to the store in the noble’s district, east of the marina. Luckily the carriage and my dress allowed us to pass unstopped by the guards at the gate to the section of the city. 

 

“We are here my Lord.” the centaur said when we came to a stop. 

 

I had not paid much attention to the surroundings on the way, but the ornate buildings let me know we were in the right part of the city. “Can you wait for me?” I said, handing the man another silver.

 

“Absolutely Master, I will just be alongside the building when you are ready to leave.” the centaur said.

 

I looked at the sign to the shop as I entered, [Imperial Tailoring]. The store's main floor was much larger than the shops down at the marina. The tables held neat, folded shirts, and the floor was divided down the middle; women clothing on the right and male clothing on the left. The mannequins were artfully arranged to display exquisite gowns and dresses. The male side displayed regal-looking robes and three-piece suits. On the far wall, there were even full sets of armor that had been altered and embellished. The formality of the store lent itself to more modest tastes, though most of the female clothing had tasteful, transparent additions or were cut in such a way to give the barest hint of sensuality. 

 

 

“Good afternoon Lord, how my I be of service?” A demi-human male said. His face was angled and refined; the horns that came from the side of his forehead gracefully swept back over his long black hair to point upwards at the crown of his head. His suit was a soft black and stood in stark contrast to his ivory white skin. He had on a silver collar with a small red ruby inset, and the sparkle of a diamond could be seen from his silver manacles.

 

“I have some cloud wool cloth I would like to sell.” I said to the demi-human who walked out from the male clothing section. 

 

“Very good lord, ah, the owner is not currently in would you mind dealing with the head crafter?”

 

“That will be fine.” I said and followed the man toward the back of the store. 

 

We entered a large storeroom that was meticulously organized; in the center of the room was an empty worktable.

 

“One moment Lord while I fetch our head crafter.” The attendant said, walking out of the room.

 

A few moments later, a gnome came through the door, “After noon Lord?” he asked, letting the question hang. His small frame and longer nose marked him as one of the smaller demi-human races. Much like the elves, there was little to distinguish a full gnome from a half breed. His clothing was well made, and the leather apron he wore was festooned with numerous tools.

 

“Exalted Lord Grayson. I have cloud wool cloth I would like to sell.” I said in answer.

 

“Very prized indeed Exalted Lord Grayson, this lowly one Hammond. If it is acceptable, I will examine the cloth?”

 

I just nodded to the gnome and pulled the ridiculous bolt of cloth from my spatial ring. His eyes bugged out a bit when he saw the amount that I had, but he quickly got control of his face.

 

“Excellent exalted master, I’ve never seen so much in one place. Please give me a moment.” He pulled a stool up next to the table and began examining it with different tools, running his hands over it and unfolding different sections. 

 

It took some time, but soon he spoke, “Well, this is quite a lot more than I thought you would have. This is a highly valued commodity; we use it to line armor, make spatial bags that reduce weight, and add it to some of the heavier dresses, as to not burden the ladies of the nobility. 

 

You have four hundred and forty-five meters of well-made cloth.” As he said this, he cut a small piece of thread and went to a cabinet on the wall. He pulled out a small vial of clear liquid and dropped the thread into it. The liquid quickly turned from a deep brown to orange, then a light blue in color. 

 

“The innate property of the wool is almost completely intact. This is remarkable, I will offer you full price for the cloth. Though the quality is not what we work with, the threads are large enough that we can unweave this and remake the cloth. 3 platinum coins and eight platinum pennies per meter of cloth. Is this acceptable Exalted Lord Grayson?” He finished with a bow of his head.

 

‘He’s getting a good deal, I bet he can double the cloth length by reweaving it.’ I thought. “Yes, that is acceptable, Hammond.”

 

“Wonderful Exalted Lord, if you would follow me to the front, we can transfer the coin.” 

 

At the register of the store, the head craftsmen shooed away the girl at the register and took over. On a receipt form, he wrote out his purchase. After using my bank card, I was now one thousand six hundred and ninety-one platinum coins richer, and the Empire was one hundred and sixty-nine (Pc) fatter. 

 

‘No wonder textile merchants became so rich.’  

 

Walking out of the shop in a much better mood from the morning's hateful indoctrination, I moved over to the side of the building where the centaur and rickshaw were waiting. “What is your name?” 

 

“Clovden, my lord.” He answered with a respectful bow of his head while I climbed in the carriage.

 

“Well, Clovden take me to the bank next.” 

 

       I checked my new pocket watch, and it was 14:05 in the afternoon. Riding through the noble’s district was a wonderfully clean affair. The buildings and shop fronts were immaculately taken care of. The same iron post lanterns were evenly spaced along the walkways, and the main thoroughfare that we were following was wide enough to allow multiple carriages to pass on either side of the road. The Centaur rickshaw driver expertly navigated the streets at a steady pace. Fifteen minutes later, we arrived alongside a large building decorated in white marble with Corinthian columns facing the street front.

 

       Telling Clovden to wait for me once again, I walked up the marble steps to the entrance to the Imperial bank. Four guards in the same full black plate armor stood at attention on either side of the double doors. They gave me a cursory glance, but my demeanor and attire passed their inspection, and I entered the sanctified halls of this world's banking establishment once again.

 

       There were a few nobles currently inside, and their robes and suits clearly set them apart from the normal rabble. The counter along the far end of the bank was fully staffed even though there were clearly not enough patrons to warrant such complete staffing.

 

       Deciding on which one of the beautiful female bank tellers I was going to interact with, I walked up to a full elf with deep rich tanned skin. “I need to check over my account today.”

       

       “Certainly, my lord, pleas place your bank I.D on the reader.”

 

       Doing so, it only took a few seconds for the elf to nod and say, “I will be right back Exalted Lord Eric Grayson.” Writing down something on a slip of paper she left behind a door.

 

       A few moments later, she returned holding a Ledger in her hands that had beautiful gold scripting on the front with my name on it. Opening the book, she said, “and how may this one assist the exalted Lord Eric today?”

 

       “I would just like do you know my balance and make a withdrawal.”

 

       “Certainly, Exalted Lord, the current balance of your account is 19 mithril coins, 87 platinum coins and 816 gold. You would like to make a withdrawal?”

 

       “Yes, take out 70 platinum pennies, 215 gold, 183 silver, and 500 copper coins.” This brought my total coin on hand to 70(Pp), 250(Gc), 250(Sc), and 500(Cc).

 

       “Your new balance Exalted Lord Grayson is 19(Mc), 80(Pc), 595(Gc), 310(Sc) and 200(Cc). Is there anything else I can assist you with today?” 

 

       “No.” Giving a curt answer, I took the soft velvet bags of coins and stored them in my ring. Nodding to another noble male as I left through the front, I went back to Clovden.

 

       Hopping in the back, I checked my watch; it was 14:55. 

 

Deciding it was time I found out more information about the dungeon underneath the mage's college, I said, “Clovden, back to the mages college.”

 

“Right away Lord.”

 

‘If I’m going dungeon diving time to a lot the rest of my ability, skill and spell points.’ As Clovden moved at a steady canter, I pulled up my stat sheet and spent my points.

 

Individual Statistical Analyses.

 

Name: Exalted Lord Eric Grayson.

Race: Human.

Level: 26. Experience to next level 1400/7000

 

Health: 100 percent.

Mana capacity: 400.

Mana regeneration: Error…Max [23 mana per second.]

 

Attributes: 4 points per level.

Strength: 20.

Body: 21.

Speed: 25.

Dexterity: 18.

Mana capacity: 40.

Mana regeneration: 20.

Charisma: 30.

 

Affinities:

Arcane mana manipulation: 100 percent.

Earth: 100 percent.

Fire: 100 percent.

Air: 50 percent.

Water: 50 percent.

Life: 85 percent.

Death: 15 percent.

Light: 85 percent.

Shadow: 75 percent.

Space-time: 25 percent.

Summoning: 25 percent.

 

 

Abilities: 1 per level.

  1. Graceful doge: 10 out of 10. Passive. Increase balance, doge chance, area awareness and all movement actions.
  2. Saving heal: 5 out of 10. Passive. If health drops to zero and death is activated instantly heal for 50 percent. Once per day.
  3. Resurrection: 3 out of 10. Passive and active. If ability holder dies automatically resurrect to 60 percent health(secondary), limbs are not regrown. Activate on a corps that had been dead for less than one hour to revive. Revived party has skills returned to apprentice, spells set to level 3 and Base level set to 2.
  4. Inspect: 10 out of 10. Active. Used to identify objects, people, animals, monsters, beasts, and void horrors that have crossed over into the system. Ability level superior.
  5. Linguist: Level 10 out of 10. Grants the capability of speaking any langwidge that is heard; langwidge must be within human vocal cord range. Allows for the complete automatic translation of heard languages into one’s native understanding. Allows for reading and wright of foreign languages as long as the wielder of the ability could read and wright beforehand.
  6. Increased cum load: Level 3 out of 10. Increased maximum volume of cum. your balls and prostate glands have increased in density providing three times the amount of normal cum.

 

Skills: 1 per level.

Enchanting: Apprentice, create normal enchantments, initial cost and sustaining cost average.

  • Center of the water way: this enchantment when placed on the steering device of a water vessel will keep the vessel equidistant from land. The initial cost of activation is 250 mana, the sustaining cost is 30 mana per minute.
  • Hydrostatic Propulsion: This enchantment allows for the use of water to provide high torque thrust when enchantment location is under water. Mana cost: 1 mana per minute.

 

Tailoring: Novice. Create basic clothing and other items made from cloth.

 

Mapping: novice. Can draw and read maps.

 

Longsword: Journeymen: The fundamentals of long blades are understood. Fighting styles of different types of blades are condensed. A small amount of mana is infused in ones sword to improve edge quality and durability.

 

Gardening: Journeymen: Proper gardening techniques are understood. Soil nurturance, acidity, moister level, mana density and plant dispositions are known. Can create gardening tools from mana. 

Herbalism: Journeymen: Wild and cultivated herbs can be gathered and grown. Pastes, poultices, teas, brews, tinctures and essence oils are known. Mana can be used to stabilize the effects of herbs.  

Alchemy: Journeymen: Basics of powders, potions, elixirs and pills are known. Drying, distilling, sublimation, concentrating, condensation, refining, balancing, aging, antimonnation and fulminating are understood. Can use mana to create even heating and cooling, as well standard weights and measures. 

 

 

Junk skills:

  • [Breathing, walking, blinking, hand waving, knot tying, sitting, sleeping, bowels movements, urinating, itch itching.]

 

Spells: 1 per level.

Arcane mana manipulation:

  1. Fuse: Base cost: .1 mana per square inch of material to be atomically bodied. Level 1.
  2. Butcher: Base cost: initial cast 10 mana 1 mana per pound per second. Level 1.
  3. Cut: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per inch cut (2.5cm), area twenty feet, (6m). Level 1.
  4. Arcane shield: Base cost: Error… .1 initial mana, .1 mana per second. Level 10.

 

Fire:

  1. Candle flame: Base cost: Error… 0.1 mana per, minuet.
  2. Metal shaping: Base cost: Error… 10 mana per second.
  3. Purify: Base cost: 5.1 mana per square inch. Level 1.
  4. Campfire: base cost: Error… .1 mana per minute, fire must be in a hearth or pit. Level 1.
  5. Fireball: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per casting. Level 1.
  6. Flame whip: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per foot of flame whip, .1 mana per second per foot. Level 1.
  7. Plasma beam: Base cost: Error… .1 initial mana, 15 mana per second channeled. Level 1

 

 

Earth:

  1. Stone spike: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per inch of spike. Level 1.
  2. Collect element: Base cost: N/A. collect desired element from surrounding area one quarter mile spherical, one half mile spherical. Level 1, 2.
  3. Fertilize soil: Base cost: .1 mana per cubic foot of fertilized soil.
  4. Clean: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per square inch (2.5cm). Level 1.

 

Air:

  1. Shuriken wrath: Base cost: 42.5 mana. Level 2.
  2. Yarn spinning: Base cost: .1 mana per second of spinning, level 1, 2.
  3. Weave: Base cost: 5 mana per 10 seconds of weaving. Level 1, 2.
  4. Lightning bolt: Base cost: 75 mana, error… 1 mana per second channeled lightning. Level 1.

 

 

Water:

  1. Nutritious water: Base cost: 5 mana per oz of species-specific nutritious water.
  2. Ice spear: Base cost: 35 initial mana, error… .1 mana per 1mile per hour (1.6Km an hour). Level 1.

 

Life:

  1. Analyze body: base cost: 3 mana a second. Level 1.
  2. Focused healing: Base cost: 7.5 mana per second. Level 10.
  3. Mass healing: Base cost: 12 mana per second, area a ten-yard radius. Level 1.
  4. Manipulate plant: Base cost: 4.5 mana per second of movement. Level 1, 2.
  5. Rapid growth: Base cost: .1> <100 mana per second of growth depending on plant or animal complexity. Level 1, 2.
  6. Invigorate: Base cost: 15 mana to boost usable cellular energy in target.
  7. Sleep: Base cost: 12.75 mana on willing target, mana amount varies. Level 1.

Light:

  1. Mana eye: Base cost: 5 initial mana, .5 mana per ten seconds. Level 9.

 

Space-time:

  1. Internal Dimensional Expansion: Base cost: 300 mana per cubic inch of extradimensional storage. Level 1.

 

 

Soul bound items:

      Imperial Royal Bank identification card: Grants access to your account at any Bank certified shop. May only be used by the soul bonded individual.

 

Enchanted Storage Ring: Finally crafted. 1 mana to store or retrieve item. Auto object tracking. 100 feet (30.5m) cubed. Bonded.

 

Inlaid mithril master slave band: Exceptionally crafted. Bonded. May hold the contracts of 125 slaves. Slaves cannot be stolen or cross subjugated. Enhances slave bond. Price: 96 platinum coins

 

Dungeon instants tracker: This chain allows for the individual entry into the Dungeon of the Legion within their own instants. Levels can only be reached with appropriate tag. Party tags allows for individuals to enter the same instants. Soul bound item

 

 

Bound slaves:

      Sasha Whitetail: Kitsune, female. Age 23; revives 7. Level 21.

      Milly: Boviness, female. Age 19; revives 4. Level 8.

      Zora: Minobous, female. Age 26; revives 16. Level 6.

      Holly: Minobous, female. Age 22; revives 12. Level 7.

      Timmothy: elf, male. Age 172, revives 212. Level 16.

May: elf, female. Age 43, revives 6. Level 13.

Tamara: elf, female. Age 35. Revives 16. Level 8.

  1. Child: Maestra: elf, female. Age 2. Revives 0. Level 1. ½.

Ray’me’a: elf, female. Age 20. Revives 2. Level 6.

Amber: elf, female. Age 28. Revives 3. Level 15.

  1. Child: Tera: elf, female. Age 4. Revives 0. Level 1.
  2. Child: Trix: elf, female. Age 2. Revives 0. Level 1. ½.

Candace: elf, female. Age 23. Revives 8. Level 12.

      1.Child: Brin: elf, female. Age 2. Revives 0. Level 1. ½. 

      Dryads 8.

            Anya: dryad, female. Age 289. Revives 228. Level 14.

      Nymphs 6.

            Brith: Nymph, female. Age, 47, Revives 5. Level 6.

      Ferries 14.

            Thera: Friary Queen, Female. Age 87. Revives 77. Level 7.

      Kitsune.23 + 6 kits

            Mizzy: kitsune, female. Age 24. Revives 87. Level 1.

            Alma: Kitsune, female. Age 19. Revives 212. Level 1.

            Iolanthe: Kitsune, female. Age 20. Revives 326. Level 1.

 

 

 

feather steel Chainmail leather armor set: Quality: finely crafted. Scarcity level: common. Well-made medium armor. Leather with chainmail, this armor provides excellent protection from slashing. 

 

feather steel long sword. Quality: finely crafted. Scarcity level: uncommon. An enchanted long sword made from feather steel. This sword possesses the three most common enchantments durability, clean and sharpen.

 

Pocket watch: Quality: Superb. Scarcity level: Unique.    this pocket watch is set to Imperial standard time. The fine mithril parts allow for an acceleration enchantment. Acceleration: movement speed is increased by three times for five minutes once a day. 

 

Small mana crystal: Mana Capacity 200. Mana recharge rate: .14 per minute. Quantity: 4.

     

      Medium mana crystal: Mana Capacity 800. Mana recharge rate: .55 per minute. Quantity 2.

 

      Large mana Crystal: Mana Capacity 2000. Mana recharge rate: 1.39 per minute. Quantity 1.

 

Potion: Sobber up: Quality: good. This potion is used to sobber up after a night of drinking. This potion has had the sobering effects lengthened to purify intoxicants form the body for longer periods of time. Duration: 30 minutes.]

 

 

 

Divine Quest: From: The Goddess Sippsie. Complete my tasks to know the pleasure of the flesh and how to best serve your master or husband.

      Female:

  1. Discover your pearl above the lips of your flower and find the way to your own bliss.
  2. Taste the petals of another flower and drink of the nectar.
  3. Taste of the stem of power and drink the sap; collect the sap in under five turnings of a minute glass.
  4. Take into your flower the form of the stem and coat it in your nectar.
  5. Take into your flower the stem of someone close and receive its sap.
  6. Ride a lover in the hay and in the open fields, while the summer sun warms the sky, know the tender kiss and the pains of goodbye.
  7. Unknown to you and unknown to them the secret nectars mix.
  8. Quickly plowed is poorly sown but the seasons time can be demanding.
  9. Done one way then another yet there’s more, twice you must think to bend the stem toward the sun again for nectar and sap to mix.

 

Many blessings these shall bring. Some know now, some in time, others hidden as if blind.

 

I placed 9 points into graceful dodge, 4 into saving heal, 2 in resurrection, 9 in inspect, and 2 in increased cum load. Always plan to have fun, even in the face of death. I dumped all 26 points into enchanting, and the wash of knowledge that filled me only reinforced the knowledge gained from the sea of chaos. Last, arcane shield got 9 points, this allowed for it to become far tougher, and though I could throw almost endless mana at it, I was beginning to learn that even my magic had limits. 9 points went to focused heal, allowing for more complete healing at a less mana experience. The last 8 points went into mana eye because seeing in the dark is important. 

 

 

‘I have money now…But I am going to need more…I can’t pull gold from under the city; there’s too much magical interference. This dungeon is my only real option, from the sound of things. I need more levels and Power…Power…Power… How do you change the mind of an empire…Through a well-reasoned discussion…Ha…Fat fucking chance of that… War…No, that just hurts those you're trying to help… Assassination…? Maybe, but who… Take over…Would need support for that…The void beasts and monsters, I need to find out more about them. If a legion, six thousand soldiers by earth norms, lost half their number to three, that’s disturbing, to say the least…

 

Lost in my musings, I barely registered passing through the gates to the different sections of the city. Buildings changed from clean marble to brick, the carriages from ornate gilded affairs to cargo wagons. The number of rickshaws increased, and the well order traffic of the city picked up. Slaves moved in a hurry, and ladies collected in groups, their pets putting on displays.

 

“Your destination my Lord.” Clovden said when we stopped in front of the eastern entrance to the college tower. 

 

“I will no longer need your services.”

 

“Very well my lord, have a wonderful rest of your day. And as all ways the Rickshaw company is happy to serve.” 

 

I had paid centaur double the amount the ride had been worth, from what I had gathered by the pricing from a thick leaflet held in a pocket in the carriage. 15:35.

 

Paying no more mind to Clovden, I focused on my idea. Walking through the eastern door to the college, I was once more in the main atrium lobby. Students in uniforms mulled about heading to elevators, and others leading exotic-looking slaves left the tower. I strode to the northeast of the building, where a wide staircase led down into the basement of the tower. Walking down the corkscrewing stairs that could easily fit ten abreast, I arrived at the entry lobby to the dungeon. 

 

The room was large though the weight of the tower was ever-present on my mind, pressing down. The space was a bit larger than a tavern room with higher ceilings. Along the north wall, if my sense of direction was intact, was a stone arch. In front of the arch were two guards in black plate, full helm, swords at their sides, and halberds held at attention. 

 

There were rows of benches along the walls, and to the right side by the Arch way was a counter. An ever-present bevy of beautiful slave attendants helping those who approached. I walked over slowly, noting the groups that were lounging on benches; most looked nothing like mages. Half knights in mixed armor, shoddily dressed tinkers with huge packs, and grizzled cloaked men with bows.

 

The southern wall had another counter and space behind it with an assortment of tools. A gruff-looking man with an eyepatch and salt and pepper hair stood behind the counter. It was the first place in the Empire I had been that did not smell of flowers and fruit or some other perfume. This place smelled of metal, rich and coppery, the pungent smell of B.O wafting in the air, blood and viscera mixed in my nostrils, letting all know this was not a place of safety and luxury.

 

Walking past booths carved into the stone walls, benches, and tables, I moved through the low throng of noise. Moving to a free attendant, I had no idea what to expect. 

 

“Good Afternoon Exalted Lord, my name is Shaw, how may I help you?” Shaw said. She was a human woman in her early twenties; long black hair was pulled back in a braid. She was the first female of clearly Asian descent I had seen.

 

“I just entered the college and needed information on the dungeon, Exalted Lord Eric Grayson?” I said.

 

“Wonderful Exalted Lord, let me check to see when your initial examination is and get you the starting information.” She went into a back room and returned in a few minutes. 

     

  “You are not scheduled to be examined until the 15 of October. Did you want to enter the dungeon before that?”

 

       “Yes.”

 

“Here is the introduction packet, it has a map of the first five levels and the expected difficulties. I will warn you, that though we cannot forbid solo entry into the dungeon it is highly recommended you take along a party. Adventure guild members of the appropriate S and A rank will be provided free of charge when you enter the dungeon. We must keep our Exalted ones safe.”

 

 “But I can go in alone if I want to?”

 

“Yes…But it is highly recommended you do not. If you head over to the pillar in front of the dungeon your access key will be granted, along with your dungeon level tag and your party tag.”

 

“Thank you let me look this over and I will ask you any questions I have.”

 

“Of course, Exalted Lord Grayson, any of us will assist you.”

 

I walked over to the pillars that were lined up along the left of the dungeon opening. Moving up to a free pillar, there was a hand-shaped depression in the stone. Placing my right hand on the handprint, there was a soft glow of light. A few seconds later, in a compartment in the front of the pillar sat a short steel length of chain. There were also two tags that could easily be clipped onto the chain. One read level one, and the other had Eric Grayson imprinted on one side. Rather plain looking all in all. I used the identify ability on the item.

 

       [ Dungeon instants tracker: This chain allows for the individual entry into the Dungeon of the Legion within their own instants. Levels can only be reached with appropriate tag. Party tags allows for individuals to enter the same instants. Soul bound item.] 

 

 Walking over to an empty table, I sat and reviewed the information about the dungeon. ‘looks like the dungeon is partially sentient. The Exalted mages made a treaty with it; hum…that’s why they can’t forbid solo entry. The levels get harder as one descends but the first level is still ranked mid-level difficulty. First level is poison plants, caverns, traps, and snakes. The end boss is a giant Lamia. There are loot chest, and the bodies can be harvested but don’t drop loot. And the tracking chain can be used to exit the dungeon any time, as long as death is not imminent. The dungeon time runs ten minutes to one out in the real world.’ The information had a section on history as well as advisements on gear to take for the first five levels. 

 

‘Now do I take a party? With one I will have to hide my magic…Without one I can go full bore, but I’ve never been in a dungeon…What would a dammed safety inspector on a job site say…go with a party…That’s the safe bet, it’s not like I can stay for a long time I have a dinner date.’ I thought as I checked my watch. 16:05.

       

       Getting up from the table, I went back to Shaw. “How long does the first level usually take to complete?”

 

“It has been done in as little as 30 minutes, but usually an hour to an hour and a half of dungeon time.”

 

Nodding to Shaw, I moved to the far end of the room, into nooks that had been carved out for changing. ’I don’t want to risk giving my powers away…but the safe bet is taking a group.’ I changed into my armor and checked my gear. If I was going to go with a party, I was going to have to tone down my power and follow along. Walking out in my leather chain mail, I went back to Shaw.

 

“I would like a party, one who is alright with doing just the first level but perhaps more depending on how things go.”

 

“Excellent Exalted lord Grayson, just a moment.” Shaw said, leaving and walking up to a group that was sitting in one of the alcove booths. 

 

Walking back to me, she said, “Right this way, I will introduce you to your party.”

 

The five group members sat around a large table. The eyes of the party members fell on me, each weighing me in their own way. “Exalted Lord Eric Grayson, this is the Titans Shield. An S rank group to accompany you on your first dungeon dive.” She said, indicating the group with her hand.

 

“Thank you Shaw I will take it from here.” An older man said as the attendant Shaw left.

 

“My name is Titus Avilius, honorably discharged from the twelfth Imperial Legion, as an Optio Principal of the first file. It is a high honor to serve escort a newly made Exalted mage.”

 

“Pleasure to meet you, pleas just call me Eric, or Lord Eric.”

 

“Very well Eric, in the dungeon rank matters little in the heat of combat. These are the members of titans shield;.”

 

“Lucius Manlius, honorably discharged as a sergeant of the twelfth legion, first file.” Titus indicated at the older of the two men. He had flecked gray hair that was cut short; a short stubble of a beard tried to hide his face. His tunic was short-sleeved, allowing for bulging scared forearms to be seen. 

 

“Branwen, my personal Auxilia shadow.” He said, indicating an older-looking catkin demi-human woman. Her hair was jet black, and her dark eyes were filled with happy danger. I noticed that without reservation, she looked towards Titus with deep affection.

 

“Chariklia, personal Auxilia shield of Lucius.” Titus said, pointing to what I had first thought was a boviness demi human-like Milly, but her horns were too long and curved forward like an ox. She had wild brown hair with a tuft of white in the front. And I would be remised if I did not mention her giant breasts, with her back against the wall of the booth they easily rested on the table in front of her. 

 

Lastly, pointing to the centare kneeling at the end of the table, he said, “This is Clymiphae, Auxilia packer of the twelfth legion.” She had a beautiful snow-white coat and black socks on her hooves; she wore a wrap-around her breast that revealed her tone torso and feminine muscled arms. Her straight long blond hair flowed freely down her back, exposing pointed ears.

 

“Very nice to meet all of you. So how do we do this?”

 

“All right, let’s go get ready.”

 

“Yes sir.” Lucius said.

 

“Yes master.” The rest said.

 

“Follow us and will check your gear over, then buy those dam sober potions then head into the dungeon. Your fine with all of us calling you Eric, or Lord Eric while in the dungeon?”

 

“I don’t have a problem with it, I imagine Exalted Lord Eric Grayson is quite a mouth full in combat.” I said with a smirk.

 

“Ha, an exalted mage with a since of humor, I never thought I would see the day.” Titus said, moving to the changing nooks on the far side. Taking up one of the nooks fully, they began to disrobe. Showing no care for their nudity, they began strapping on their armor and equipment.

 

Titus, Lucius, and Chariklia put on heavy armor reminiscent of Roman Lorica Segmentata. Though the plates were finely crafted, chainmail and scale armor completed the heavy armor outfit. All three carried short spears that could be used in a dungeon, and from behind the tower shields, they each held. Titus and Lucius had short swords at their hips, along with a selection of throwing knives and daggers strapped across their chests. Chariklia had a large ax fitted to her back and throwing hatchets along her belt. 

 

Branwen smoothly removed her loose-fitting clothes and wiggled into a tight leather one-piece that looked more like a wet suit than armor. Then from a bag at her waist, she pulled out bug chiton that had been crafted into odd shapes. She held them on parts of the suit, and the pieces of armor attached themselves. She wore two short swords, and an assortment of knives were attached as well. She pulled a short bow from her bag and strung it, along with a slender quiver that attached to the back of her hip. 

 

Centaur Clymiphae was another matter. She fitted full plate on the human half of her body, and from a massive pack that had been under the table, she pulled out saddlebags that the others helped strap to her hindquarters. The bags were leather of some kind but had strips of metal, and she was fully kitted in plate mail armor when they were done. She had a massive round shield and longer spear, as well as two long swords she could draw from behind the massive frame backpack she wore.   

 

With their helmets strapped to their belts, I realized just how experienced they were. They were professional dungeon divers, and they probably only did this to get drinking money or for the honor of protecting Exalted mages. Nodding to each other, they did one last check of their gear before Titus walked up to me and began his own survey.

 

“Finally crafted, better than the legion boys get…feather light steel good choice for a mage, could use some more plate armor in vital areas… Do you have a helmet?”

 

“No, I neglected to buy one.”

 

“Hum…definitely need one of those I know you mages hate them, but one stray arrow or a falling rock and its lights out. We might have to postpone this till you get one.”

 

Without thinking, I quickly said, “I have this, will this work.” And like a jackass, I pulled out the steel mesh onesie. It fell flaccidly onto the bench.

 

With a slightly horrified look, Titus said, “By the Goddess Sippsie’s ever dripping cunt, what the hell is that.”

 

“Some armor, it even has a hood.” I said slightly defensively.

 

“Oh, boss I really want to see him wear that.” Lucius said, smiling broadly as the rest of the group nodded hiding their snickers.

 

“No…Just no. I have an extra helmet you can wear here.” He said, reaching in a bag and pulling out what looked like a standard legionary helm.

 

“It’s our job to protect your life in the dungeon and I suppose that includes your dignity as well.” He finished as I put the helmet on. I was tying the cords around the chin to keep the side flaps down over my ears and keep it in place.

 

“Right, well maybe not the onesie for my first dungeon dive.” I said in a faint voice.

 

“Well let’s get the sober potions and head in.” Titus said.

 

We walked over to the one-eyed man behind the far counter, and 30 silver coins paid by me later, we headed over to the dungeon opening. As Titus passed out the potions, I watched as groups of blood-covered adventures walked from the portal. I also used the identify ability on the potions.

 

[potion: Sobber up: Quality: good. This potion is used to sobber up after a night of drinking. This potion has had the sobering effects lengthened to purify intoxicants from the body for longer periods of time. Duration: 30 minutes.]

 

“Alright, clip this tag on to your dungeon chain and we can go in. remember if you want to exit the dungeon just say, “leave dungeon now.” As long as you’re not dying you well be teleported out.” Titus said, handing me a tag that I clipped to my dungeon tracking chain. I placed it back inside in a pocket in my armored coat. 

 

The six of us moved to the archway and stepped through.

 

48