Chapter 7: Friend
155 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we finished buying and paying for our groceries and stuff, we left the convenience store. And now I am 2800 points poorer.

As we walked out of the Convenience store, we could hear someone yelling and basically creating a commotion in front of the convenience store and why am I not surprised that this is a classmate of mine who is the source of the fiasco?

"What's going on?"

"Tch!" The red-head classmate of mine just spat on the ground as he walked away, not before kicking a trash can though. I seriously wonder why he is doing that when there is a merit system in place, which surely evaluated that with all these CCTV's installed.

"Sigh! Why is he even doing this?" I said though Ayanokoji didn't hear me as he was observing the other students who were arguing with Red Head-Kun.

"I felt like my dignity just degraded by simply experiencing this fiasco." Horikita said as she excused herself and left for her dorms.

"Was she really upset by that? I am surprised."

"It seems to be the case." Ayanokoji said.

"We should head to our dorms now, it's getting late and I don't think we have much to do on the first day of school anyway."

"See you later."

"Bye-bye." I said as I headed towards the dorms, though I took a slightly longer route by the edge of the sea, I really love the sea. The dark clouds combined with the bright sea makes the scenery unforgettable for me.

As I walked into my dormitory which was a 15-storey building comprised of not less than 140 rooms supposedly. There are 4 such structures and it seems it's a state of the art structure. The first 7 floors are reserved for boys while the upper 7 floors are reserved for girls and boys are generally barred from entering it after 8 pm. My room number is 402, let's go check it out.

"Akiyama Hikaru, is that you?" As I walked to my room I heard someone call out my name.

"Yes, that's me. How may I help you?"

"These are the pokemon food you ordered, two cartons worth of pokemon food containing 25 packs of varied flavours. Can you give me your ID please?" The deliveryman said as I looked at the two cartons behind him.

"Yes sure." I said as I passed him my ID.

"Thank you for your patronage." Saying which the delivery man left.

"I thought I heard a familiar name so I came to check it out, but it's just you Akiyama-san." Ayanokoji said as he appeared out of nowhere.

"What do you mean it's just you? Help me carry these into my room now that you are here." I said while pointing towards one of the cartons.

"...sure." Ayanokoji replied grudgingly as he lifted one of the cartons and moved it inside my room, he is pretty fit physically it seems.

"I appreciate that, want something to drink? I have got some coffee right here." I said while showing him a canned coffee, no way I am gonna make one right now.

"Give it to me."

"Catch."

"...that was dangerously close to my face." Ayanokoji said as he caught the can I threw at him to check his reflexes.

"It was?"

"Nevermind."

"You have got surprisingly quick reflexes though, any hobbies?"

"Nothing, just some piano and tea ceremony lessons."

"Oh, same." [E/N- ... WTF!?]

"Is that so, catch this then." Ayanokoji said as he threw the same can at me which was aimed at my face. Coincidence? I think not.

"Well, you have got some quick reflexes yourself."

"I sure do, as I said I had some piano and tea ceremony lessons too." I said as I threw the can back at him, though it was faster this time.

"It looks like you were pretty good at it too." Ayanokoji said as he threw it back to me, faster than before.

As if we had come to a silent agreement, we started throwing the can at each other continuously, each one faster than its predecessor. We only stopped after the 847th lap, during which the can had completely deformed. Both of us were panting and breathing heavily.

"This  piano and tea ceremony lessons of yours seem to be quite effective." I said to Ayanokoji.

"The same could be said for you."

"Though this session really helped me work on my piano and tea ceremony skills, wanna make this a regular thing?" I suggested, because no doubt about it, that workout was intense and really helped me warm up internal muscles.

"Sure, we can do this every evening I guess."

"We are technically friends now I guess."

"...you are right, we are friends now I guess."

"Just to let you know, I don't have a lot of friends, only those who I can entirely count on and have complete faith in are my friends, though I haven't known you for a long time, I can feel that you will be a great friend of mine." I said to him while smiling a bit, though my tone made it pretty obvious that I was serious.

"I don't know how to feel about that, but I think you are being genuine and honest here so I agree to be your friend, though your definition of a friend is pretty unique, You can count on me, I'll of course not trust you completely but we can work on that. You have my support, though I don't know how that might help you."

"Cool. I think you should go for now, it's pretty late."

"Yeah."

'Why are you so confident about that human?'

'I don't know, I just feel like he will be a great friend of mine. And you know that my feeling is generally correct.'

'I'll trust you this time, though I still feel that this decision of yours was quite hasty.'

'We will see about that.'

"Damn, it's already 10:00 pm, I'll have to quickly prepare my dinner!" I said as I realized something, there wasn't a kitchen installed in the room.

'...be calm.'

"WHY THE HELL ARE THEY EVEN SELLING RAW INGREDIENTS IF THERE ISN'T A KITCHEN!?"

"Wait, does that mean that I wasted more than half of that 2800 points I used!? What the hell!?"

And this is how Akamiya Hikaru spent a night starving and cursing at every opportunity he had as he survived the night on a coke.

2