Chapter 8: A Short Walk
134 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, let's go for a morning walk." I said to a sleepy Ayanokoji in front of me, it's 4 o'clock in the morning after all.

"..can I not?"

"Nope, you can't refuse. It's boring to have a morning walk alone after all and don't worry we will be walking by the edge of the island. There shouldn't be many people there." I said because I knew that this guy didn't like to be in the spotlight.

"Wait for a min. Let me change my clothes." He said as he slammed the door in my face.

"Sure!"

I was currently wearing the sports clothes provided by the school, they actually didn't allow us to bring anything other than some personal stuff along with us, so I basically have my school uniform and this sports attire in my wardrobe. I think I need to buy some clothes as soon as possible. But I am poor and that convenience store cheated me of my 1500 points yesterday. I'll check out the cafeteria and keep a lookout for some useful senpais who can give me some pointers.

"Let's go." Ayanokoji said as he broke me out of my thoughts.

"We will be covering the entire perimeter of the island in an hour, is that okay with you?"

"Ugh, whatever."

"I'll take that as a yes. By the way, the loser will have to treat the winner to lunch." I said to him as we walked into the elevator.

"Is that necessary?"

"It is. It will motivate us, or me at least."

"Alright."

"Just follow me, we will be going through some rough terrains after all."

"How will I win if I follow you?"

"That's your problem."

"..."

"Let's go." I said as we walked out of the dorm.

After leaving the dorm, we sprinted towards the edge of the island following which we followed the coastline until we encountered an 8 feet tall fence which is also probably electrified.

"Now what?"

"That's nothing, come out Umbreon." I said as Umbreon broke out of its Pokeball.

"Use psychic and help us get over the fence." I said to which it just nodded and used Psychic on both Ayanokoji and me.

"Good Job." I said as Umbreon returned to its Pokeball.

"We have covered approximately 50% of the island, gotta hurry up."

"Ugh!"

After continuously sprinting for an hour, we reached our destination. The park near the dorm and gotta say it was far harder than what I had initially thought it to be.

"Well, that was hard. I am completely out of breath. What about you?"

"That definitely took a toll on me." Ayanokji said while panting a little.

"Yup, now time to push our limits. We are gonna do another lap after 3 minutes."

"...did I somehow offend you and now you want to kill me using natural means?"

"2 minutes." I said as I brought an energy drink from the vending machine located in the park.

"It's 5:17, the others will start coming now, we have to hurry up. Let's go."

"Sigh!"

As we sprinted across the coastline, we witnessed the sun-rise which was truly a sight to behold. The sun's rays which were being reflected by the water, along with the beautiful horizon was quite a unique scenery. [E/N-Romantic Place getto! Now we only need the waifu which should be easy...]

After we reached the park, which marked the end of the 2nd lap, I just dropped to the ground and Ayanokji followed shortly after. On an unrelated note, I won the 2'nd lap, so yup I got a free lunch and successfully saved money.

"That was tough." I said as I passed a water bottle to Ayanokoji, he probably didn't expect this to happen when he agreed to accompany me.

"..."

"Hey, you alive?"

"Yes, just thinking about the choices I made which led to this situation."

"Don't think too much, it's nearly 6:35. We have to get back to the dorms."

"Yeah, but let me rest for a few minutes. I don't think I can stand up anymore."

"Ah, don't sleep alright." I said to him as I closed my eyes, attempting to take a small nap in the middle of the park, and endeavour in which I succeeded.

"What are you doing here." I heard a familiar voice as I opened my eyes.

"Ah, it's you Sae-chan. I was just taking a small nap. What are you doing here?"

"..."

"Eh? What happened?"

"...."

"Do you even have the slightest idea as to what time it is?" Sae-chan asked me though I could see the Banette behind her sporting a big grin on its face.

"It should be 7 o'clock at most I think." I said as looked at her, I didn't have my student ID nor my watch, not that I had a watch in the first place but yeah, it was a random guess.

"It's 10 o'clock and you have missed homeroom and the first class of the day." Sae-chan said while glaring at me, though I think I was more shocked than her at this revelation. [E/N-It's her responsibility to give Hikaru some private classes now right?]

"...what?"

"Do you have any excuses?"

"....none."

"Alright." Sae-chan said as she walked away. Though I was surprised by that, I just realized that Ayanokoji was nowhere in sight.

'When did he leave?'

'...he left a few minutes after you started sleeping.' Zekrom replied to me.

"..."

"I think I know what I am going to eat for lunch today, which obviously is that guy's treat." I said as I started walking towards the dorm, I am still in my sports attire after all.

After I reached the dorm, I entered my room using the access card they gave us which practically works as a security mechanism. After changing into my school uniform, I started walking towards the main building where the classes are located.

Though, I wasn't going to my class, Homeroom and the 1'st lecture had just finished according to Sae-chan, so there should be an hour-long break for students now. Time to go to the cafeteria and scout some senpais I guess.

3