Chapter 9: Ultra Super Deluxe Gigantic Exclusive Lunch
159 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, I just earned 70,000 points this time and taking the stadium costs into consideration, it's a profit of 60,000 points. Though gotta say, the senpais I picked this time were weak. Weaker than the previous ones at least, they were kinda pathetic too. But well, I shouldn't ponder over such idiots." I murmured as I walked towards D-Class AKA my classroom."

As I walked into the class, I realized that I forgot to meet up with Kushida yesterday, I hope she doesn't mind it too much. Knowing her, she probably wouldn't, but I should give her something as a peace offering later, right? I'll buy something for her later. [E/N- A guide to conquering oppai's 101]

"Akiyama-kun! Why are you late? Did something happen?" Kushida asked me as I entered the class.

"It's nothing to worry about Kushida-san, I just overslept."

"Oh, okay! You could borrow my notes if you need them."

"Thank you for that and I am sorry that I couldn't meet up with you yesterday, I totally forgot about that." Was that a bit misleading? Nah.

"Un, it's okay." She said as she handed me her notes.

After that, I snuggled to my desk and by the time I chose the best posture for sitting and sleeping the class had already started. Though I wasn't sleepy at all, just slept through the whole homeroom and the first lecture. I don't think I need to sleep now.

Though it seemed like a bad decision because normally I would have already fallen asleep from this degree of boredom but the fact that I can't sleep now even If I try makes it worse, forced torture basically.

As lunchtime approached, I decided on something. I am gonna study a bit from now on regularly because I noticed that the reason I thought the lectures were boring were cause I didn't know anything about them in the first place, so if I study a bit, I might get interested in them and thus I won't find them boring? Adapt and Overcome basically as someone once said.

Might as well do something which I am expected to do while in this school. [E/N- I never knew that we were expected to study in school, did you know that?]

Though I had more important things to do today.

"Ayanokoji-san, it's lunchtime. It's time for my treat." I said as I looked at him who was as calm as ever, makes me curious as to how he does that.

"Alright, let's go." Ayanokoji said as he walked out of the classroom.

"By the way, why didn't you wake me up?"

"I couldn't. You were sleeping like a log."

'Is he telling the truth?' I asked Zekrom in my mind.

'Yes, though he just poked you on the cheek once in his attempt to wake you up.'

'...and I was supposed to wake up from that?'

'Reminds me, but why didn't you wake me up?'

'You never told me to.'

"I must have been really tired, though I won the little game fair and square."

"Yes."

"Hmm."

After this little episode, we walked to the cafeteria in complete silence, we didn't have anything to talk about after all and unnecessary talking isn't favourable in this situation.

"I'll take that Ultra Super Deluxe Gigantic Exclusive Lunch Set, the guy behind me will pay for it." I said.

"Eh...are you sure?"

"As sure as I can be."

"Thank you for your patronage, your order will be prepared in a few minutes. Your total will be 7600 points." The Cashier said as she glanced at Ayanokoji momentarily.

I am feeling bad for him now, but well whatever. I am really curious as to what kind of Divine Lunch this is though. Does it make me a super-human or gives me super strength or something?

"Well, pay for it and come over to that seat by the window alright?" I said as I bailed out.

As I was thinking about some mundane but profound things like how can one put back toothpaste in its tube, Ayanokoji arrived with my lunch.

"Well, you took advantage of me because the condition was that the loser will treat the winner to lunch, so I should have been the one who ordered the food, anyway here is your food. I can't even remember its name." Ayanokoji said as he sat down, he isn't wrong though. I left that loophole in case I lost.

"Tch, let's see what's this divine lunch that costs 7600 points." I said as I opened the cover from the divine lunch and revealed its secret for the world to behold! [E/N- *cough* I was high I guess.]

It was beautiful. That's all I can say, it was beautiful.

As I put the piece of food inside my mouth, I was surprised by its taste! It was so ordinary! Does this thing cost 7600 points? Tch, what a waste of points. Even, I could cook better food than this.

"How was it?"

"Surprising normal."

"Is that so."

"What do you think about the S-System?" Ayanokoji asked me.

"Effective." I replied to his question as I ate my lunch.

"I assume that you know about the merit system."

"That's common sense and quite obvious." [E/N- Low Key insulted every first year, except some special cases.]

"...it isn't common sense, or maybe it is. Anyway, you should know what is gonna happen in a month from now on."

"I do, but what's that got to do with us?" I said, after all, I had observed my classmates behaviour these two days too. And I would bet a million points that we are gonna be on the bottom of the merit hungry S-System by the end of the month and I alone can't stop or influence that, not that I want to.

"True. It doesn't matter to us." Ayanokoji said as he ate his lunch, not continuing the conversation.

"It will impact the points we receive by the end of the month too probably, so if you want to borrow some point, don't hesitate and come to me."

"Akiyama-san..."

"I'll let you borrow my points, for a price though. How about 30% of the total amount?"

"...."

'I felt an abnormal energy signature.' Zekrom said to me via telepathy.

[Total Points-197,000]

______________________

And for the poll, don't worry. If I get a negative response, I'll just stop posting this one and write something more suitable for this community. So it will be a win-win situation for us. : )

Should I continue posting this fic?
  • Yes Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No Votes: 1 7.7%
Total voters: 13
6