V1ーExChapter 23
1.6k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world stopped, but the invader from other reality did not stop. The ant keeps crawling toward the pool. I keep slashing and hacking the giant ant, but it keeps on coming. I don't know how long am I doing this. But it feels like it has been a long time. When the time stop, you don't know how to keep time on track. 

In a world without time, I don't feel hungry so I can keep going without starving. I could just stop attacking the ant. But I would not do that. I saw it with my own eyes. One of my classmates was devoured by the ant. 

So, I went on berserk. The atmosphere around me turns cold. The moisture in the air froze and became snow. I am the only one who can move in the world without a time. So I am the only one who can save them. Blizzard... I created a blizzard reaching the upper limit of my control. From the moisture that turns into snow, I pack them together and create an icicle. Slowly, I move my hand forward as if commanding the icicles to attack. The icicle launches forward and penetrates every single ant. The ant freeze into an ice sculpture and I smash it into oblivion living none of the ants left behind. All that is left behind is sparkling crystal ice.

With heavy breathing, I repeat their process until all the moisture in the air went dry. Once that happens, I move toward the building. In turn, teleport me back to where I was before the time stopped. All the moisture in the air appears again and so I turn it into the snow again.

I do all of that over and over and over and over... Until.

"Irana, Are you okay!!"

I hear a voice calling my name. That voice is familiar to me... She is...

"Viola?..."

"I'll teleport you out of this scene of carnage. Elly sensei already evacuate our classmates, it's only you alone here."

Hearing that, I look back and sure enough, no one is there. Apart from some bloody clothes that were left behind. I fall into my knee feeling exhausted from a seemingly endless battle.  The ant also stops coming. But is not over yet. Another crack opens revealing another monster. Is a goblin-like monster. I was about to stand up and fight again. But Viola teleports me away before I could.

I glared at Viola who teleport me away without my permission.

"What are you doing?! Onee-chan is still in that building!!."

"Calm down Irana, Aria is fine. It should be."

"How would you know that!... HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT! Teleport into the building!!. I need to protect Onee-chan!!"

Viola then slaps my face. She slaps me in the face. She...

"I ran a calm down!. Just stay right here, you already used up your power to the limit. I'll go fetch Aria."

"But..."

"There is no but... Just do what I said can you!."

Viola the teleport away. Leaving me alone in this room.

Not long after that, Viola comes back with Onee-chan. Onee-chan clothes are bloody and stink. She looks exhausted. She looks at me for a while. She takes a deep breath of relief and then loses her consciousness.

"Onee-chan!! what happen to you!!... " I shout, worry about her.

This is the last chapter of volume 1. Tomorrow, or maybe the day after that. I will write a volume 2 prologue.

Also, here is Irana's illustration.

43