3.47 – Grandma Should Learn How To Curse – Downfall of Humanity
269 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'How did she tame that son of a bītch?' Fu Lian watched Bing Shi's interaction with Ren Han with a pinch of salt, 'Now that she has forgotten about her boyfriend, she wants to steal my man? What makes her think that Yi Zen'll get interested in her?'

She returned to her space and snuggled into Yi Zen's chest lazily; her nails clawed at his chest like a runty kitten, "You won't believe this. Your 'little sister' came all the way here to pick up her brother."

Yi Zen raised his eyebrows. Just one look outside and his kitten took the initiative already?

"I have to go out. Everyone has to be worried," he responded.

"Alright," Fu Lian didn't protest, she created enough problems. 'Because of me, he left for two days. I know how important are the soldiers to him. I can't keep him here forever.'

Getting out of bed, her legs went weak from all the physical activity. If it weren't for Yi Zen's fast reflexes, she'd have fallen.

"Careful," Yi Zen held her up in a princess carry.

Fu Lian hooked her arms around his neck and nodded. Silently she ported both of them out. Outside, she looked at the trio expressionlessly. But to her surprise, she was ignored, "..."

Bing Shi sat opposite Ziek — both of them were playing a game on her tablet. The two kickboxers on the screen duked it out in a fierce match.

Bing Shi's actions became increasingly frantic as she tried to fend off Ziek's attacks, her fingers tapping the attack and defense buttons in a desperate bid to win.

"Nooo," Bing Shi exclaimed in dismay as her avatar suffered a setback. Her fingers moved even faster, and her tapping on the buttons became more and more random,  "No! No! Noooooo!"

Tab

Tab

Tab

"You are so bad," Ziek read her finger pattern, and attacked before she could tab on defense, "Your loss."

Before he could win, Bing Shi seized her tablet, "This, grandson, is how you win in life."

Tab

Tab

Tab

She continued to tap away, her fingers moving like a blur, and Ziek's character met its demise in no time. Bing Shi presented him with the "GAME OVER" screen, a proud and mischievous grin on her face. "I don't know how to curse, so duck me."

'Fu—!' Ziek turned away from her. His jaw clenched. Like hell would he fall for her trap again. When he saw the other couple, his smile grew wide, "Next time, I won't show any mercy."

"You learn fast," Bing Shi teased him for his cleverness, her laughter filling the air.  "So smart!"

Ziek's grin grew wider; he was satisfied with his progress. He turned back to Bing Shi, ready to engage in more banter. "Grandma, you should learn how to curse."

"Duck you," Bing Shi put her tablet inside her backpack and lifted her eyes at him, "Witch," her tone and expression mirroring the words perfectly. 

"...Pfft..." Ziek's jaw started to hurt. It was not only the way she was saying it, but the intonation, the posture, and the timing... It was so on point. 👌

Listening to his laughter, Bing Shi reached out her little palm, "That would be one LVL 4 nucleus."

Ziek took out a green LVL 4 nucleus from his pocket and gave it to her as if it were nothing. Others would cough up blood if they saw this. LVL 4 nuclei were not an easy matter, and he was giving them out like candies, just because she said so?!

Who said he was giving it away for free? He was just paying for her services.

Bing Shi happily accepted the nucleus, tucking it away in her pouch. She then motioned for Ziek to stand up so she could put the blanket back into her backpack.

Fu Lian looked at the LVL 4 nuclei that she needed to upgrade her space enviously. 'She got it just like that?!' Then up at the chuckling Yi Zen. Just one small laughter of her lover and she felt threatened.

It took her lots of self-control not to bark at him. She knew, no man wanted an overly jealous woman. Holding his neck tighter, she put her head over his shoulder to gain his attention back.

Yi Zen felt his moving kitten, "Tired?"

"It's all your fault," Fu Lian nodded her head silently, "Seems like your sister is having fun with another man."

Yi Zen nodded his head in response and followed after the trio.

Kuro curled itself into a throne for Bing Shi to sit up in a cross-legged position and pretended that it was Ziek who manipulated her in the air.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

In the back of the van, Yi Zen's gaze bore into Bing Shi, a cold intensity emanating from him. He questioned her presence and actions, his tone laced with intimidation, "Why did you come here? You know it's dangerous."

Amused by the unfolding scene, Fu Lian watched with a concealed smile.

Bing Shi, hugging Kuro tightly, responded with a nonchalant demeanor, "Kuro said you disappeared with Miss Fu Lian and left it alone. I thought you'd be too tired to fly back to the base with a hungry stomach and not enough sleep. I didn't want to wake up others, but luckily Ren Han was awake. I seized the chance to ask him for help and pick you up."

Her gaze shifted to the rearview mirror, catching glimpses of Yi Zen and Fu Lian's expressions. "Seeing you carrying some extra weight, I believe I made the right choice."

Ziek's mouth twitched. Who was awake? Well, still better than saying that he barged into her tent. Why did he think that if he didn't appear inside her tent, she wouldn't come here? And how correct he was, Bing Shi would be stupid if she didn't grab this great opportunity.

Yi Zen's attention toggled between Ren Han and Bing Shi, a hint of bewilderment on his face. How had she managed to convince Ren Han to accompany her? After all, Ren Han wasn't known for following orders willingly.

"I thought you don't meet up with men alone," Yi Zen remarked, his suspicion palpable.

Bing Shi's response was a mixture of casualness and cheekiness, "That's how far I'd go for my 'closest' ones. I break the rules." She extracted the LVL 4 nuclei from her pouch and handed them to Ziek, "Here's the fare back. You can keep the change."

Ziek accepted the nucleus silently, "..."

'Who said I'm playing around with men?! I'm working 24/7! (╥﹏╥)'

Within moments, Bing Shi had managed to clarify her intentions and reputation. She understood that nothing came free in her world; her gesture of compensating Ziek for his assistance served as a reminder that she operated on her terms, avoiding any sense of indebtedness.

9