3.49 – Overdosed – Downfall of Humanity
565 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ziek headed back to his tent with an outward appearance of indifference, but inside, he struggled to contain his emotions. If Grandma didn't stop him, they could go for hours. He understood that his happiness was a result of chemical processes in his brain.

To prevent himself from being miserable, he let himself be happy. However, he was never prepared for the one that occurred in the form of a dangerous drug with a warning: Don't overdose, take in small quantities. You might get addicted.

He knew it. That was why he didn't interact with Bing Shi much during this half a year. Only during the drives in the car, wherever there were people present. He was content. But it was his birthday. What could go wrong?

So he did it.

He overdosed.

He delved deeper into getting to know her.

Now, he regretted it.

Because what awaited him after reaching such highs? An inevitable descent that was lower than any fall he had experienced before.

Science was all well and good, but once you're addicted, that's that. You'd lose control over your mind. Without reasoning, you'd want more, and more, and more.

Fortunately, his self-appointed dealer – Grandma – had intervened before things could spiral out of control. He was gradually regaining his rationality. Amid his meal, he attempted to list all the negative aspects of Bing Shi, as he had done with other women he had grown close to.

She was going to leave. She didn't care about him. She was obsessed with her dead boyfriend. She was not a virgin like him...hm, but what if it was him who took it? With all the things happening to his body, he wouldn't be surprised...

Fūck her boyfriend!

Focus, Ziek!

Continue!

She was older than him by a decade. She enjoyed teasing him. She lacked Fu Lian's combat prowess and culinary skills. She wasn't as attractive as Fu Lian. Hm, what else? Grandma was funnier and smarter, and nicer, and cuter, and...

Brain, refocus!

Damn, she had a fucking boyfriend!

Grandma was the embodiment of the girlfriend he never knew he wanted. He could envision going on a date with her. Ah, how fun it would be!

To hell with her shitty boyfriend!

That lucky bastard!

Concentrate, mind!

She was ugly when she cried!

Yes! Extremely ugly!

Then his thoughts switched. Except for him, no one knew about Bing Shi's vulnerable side. In that moment, he could empathize, feeling a shared sense of endurance and survival. Both of them were enduring, surviving...for what?

For the riches? Power? Happiness?

Ziek's thoughts spiraled into a state of mental breakdown as he stared at his half-eaten meal. 'Just one day. It just took her one day to fūck me over.'

This would cost him lots of rehabilitation sessions.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

One year after the Apocalypse...

No matter how much Fu Lian offered her body to the general or how much food she fed him, Yi Zen still didn't feel loved. As promised, he took responsibility and continued to act as her wife slave.

"Soo ♪♫..." Bing Shi sat in the command post tent, tapping her pen on her tablet while observing the man across from her – the general himself – who appeared to be in a sour mood.

She decided to broach an uncomfortable topic, "You've never shown interest in women before. But suddenly, a powerful attraction emerges towards a beautiful woman. Unfamiliar with such emotions, you follow your instincts. After capturing her heart, the magnetism fades away. The question is...what caused you to revert back to your old, cold self? Hm.Hm.Hm ♪♫."

She continued to tap her pen against her mask. "Do you know what these types of men are often called?"

Yi Zen couldn't believe he was discussing such personal matters with his sister. Nevertheless, he took the bait. "What are they called?"

"Duck boys," Bing Shi wrote on her tablet, "Once they get what they want, they lose interest. Perhaps the reason you never paid attention to others was because women flocked to you relentlessly. Viewing them as easy conquests, you found them unchallenging."

She continued, "Your interest in Fu Lian was sparked by that magnetic pull, and your behavior changed because, instinctively, you understood what she desired. To win her heart, you treated her differently from anyone else."

Yi Zen's frustration grew, and he rested his forehead on his hand, causing small ice crystals to form on the desk. "This is utter nonsense," he muttered. All of Bing Shi's theories often verged on the absurd.

Bing Shi returned his gaze, "Then why did you want to run away after what happened between you and Fu Lian? Your desire to spend more time with me is the proof that I'm right."

Yi Zen stood and circled the desk, crouching in front of Bing Shi. His mood was bitter, and her ideas were sounding more ludicrous by the minute. "Are you afraid I'll turn my attention to you now?" he questioned. 

Every time that kitten teleported him into that nightmarish place, his fury towards her deepened. If it weren't for his promise to his little sister...

"I'm not afraid," Bing Shi responded, her tablet seemingly frozen as she felt a chill crawl down her spine and into her hand. She released the tablet, instead clutching the pepper spray she concealed under her sleeve, her fear evident. "Your tricks won't work on me. I'm unattainable."

"Right. Unattainable. What's your solution?" he inquired with a blank expression, observing his little sister from below. He pondered whether he should rid himself of Fu Lian and consider keeping Bing Shi instead. Would he tire of her too, he wondered.

Bing Shi shuddered, his situation was a lot worse than she thought it would be. "Take a break from each other. It might open up your eyes. You might realize you miss her after some time apart. Begin anew as friends. If you're unsure how, take inspiration from our relationship. And don't forget to blame me; I'm curious to see her reaction."

"Are you enjoying playing the role of the villain?" he questioned, lifting his hand as if to touch her hoodie. However, she deftly avoided his touch. "Why do you care?"

"I owe you for your help with the zombies," Bing Shi avoided his hand, her voice tinged with a note of gratitude, "Don't waste your precious feelings on me and give them to someone who truly loves you. Rest assured, I'm confident you'll find your own happy ending."

10