3.09 – Bing Shi Wants A Space Dimension – Downfall of Humanity
209 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the female lead hoarded fuel for her armored SUVs, a figure with a black helmet soared through the city on a black bike, leaving fleeting glimpses in the mirror fastened to the bike.

An invisible snake was in pursuit of Bing Shi, moving at a pace akin to a level 1 zombie. 

When Kuro emerged a few meters ahead of her, Bing Shi made a sudden turn to her left, deftly avoiding a treacherous staircase that lay ahead. 

[Host. You died.]

["I know."]

To boost her speed and stamina, Bing Shi trained with Kuro every day. Taking a break, she removed her helmet, wiped the sweat from her forehead, and grabbed a bottle of water from her heavy backpack.

["Host, the female lead has a spatial dimension. Why don't you become friends with her if you are afraid to go near zombies?"] Kuro asked.

["Surely, it's the easiest to hug somebody's tight, but remember? She died. I can't rely on her. I always need a backup plan. In fact, I have a whole alphabet of them. And do you know what my plan for Z is?"]

[What?]

["It's the same for every world. What to do if Kuro leaves me suddenly,"] Bing Shi explained.

[Host, You have a tendency to overthink things. I can't leave without your permission.]

Bing Shi nodded in agreement.

["I know. Only with Xuan Mu, can I shut my mind off and find peace."]

After her break, Bing Shi continued her training, settling her bike atop her truck before driving beyond the city limits and stopping at the edge of a nearby forest.

With two digging shovels in hand and her heavy backpack in tow, she began cycling deep into the woods, ready for whatever awaited her within. 

'This is getting really creepy.'

Feeling uneasy in the deep, dark woods, she made a mental note to never enter them again after sunset. Getting off her bike, twigs snapped underfoot, and the rustling of leaves made her jump at every turn.

She could feel the eyes of the animals in the forest on her as she pushed through the brush, her heart beating faster with every step.

After Bing Shi and Kuro set to work digging a hole behind a large rock, she carefully placed a tightly sealed plastic bag into the hole before covering it with earth. Inside the bag lay a one-week survival ration for three people, thoughtfully assembled from various sources.

'It's going to be such pain without a shower and toilet.'

Lost in thought, Bing Shi let out a small whimper, her eyes growing misty with tears. 'Should I build a caravan for my bike?' she wondered silently, 'I don't want to sleep outside.'

'I want a space dimension!'

'Someone give me a space dimension, please!'

With her preparations complete, Bing Shi continued on her journey, driving her truck to the next city. 

She knew she'd have to stay on the move, never staying in one place for too long if she wanted to eradicate the zombie threat for her mission.

But the thought of constantly being on the go, with no rest, weighed heavy on her mind. She sighed, knowing she'd have to be tough to see this through.

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

APOCALYPSE COUNTDOWN:

215 days left

If you want to live, go to this website:

www. bingshi.com

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

A new video was uploaded.

Seated on the floor with Kuro nestled behind her, Bing Shi greeted her audience, "Hello, friends. How has your day been? Today, I found myself in no mood to dwell on the apocalypse. Sometimes, we must take a moment to unwind."

With a graceful gesture, she drew a kalimba from the pouch before her. "So, I decided to hone my kalimba skills." She leaned back into Kuro's comforting presence and removed her gloves, revealing her delicate, pale fingers. "I hope you won't take advantage of my hands," she joked before beginning to play.

The song Bing Shi played on the kalimba was a simple one, with her fingers not having to move particularly fast. It was not the most technically challenging piece, but it was the emotion that she put into it that made it special.

The bright and soothing music box-like sound that came from the small instrument was enough to ease everyone's discomfort. 

As the tempo intensified near the end, it seemed as though she was running out of time, and her thumbs flickered between the keys, playing with their feelings.

Despite the simplicity of the song, Bing Shi managed to captivate her audience with the power of her performance.

She replaced the kalimba back into its pouch and continued on with her message, transitioning seamlessly from music to a serious topic, "Now, let's return to the matter at hand, the apocalypse."

Bing Shi spoke with a clear and unwavering tone. "Those creatures target large groups. My tip: don't group up and avoid crowded places. On the final day, everyone should hold some kind of weapon because they might appear next to you. That's all. Bye Bye." 

The video ended.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

The world shifted in response to Bing Shi's words. Business-minded individuals saw a golden opportunity and began to produce products designed for the apocalypse, bearing her name with her permission, of course.

Bing Shi herself modified various items, including solar batteries, bike backpacks, and emergency supplies such as long-lasting food and water, and survival kits.

These items flew off the shelves of both large and small convenience stores. They appeared in big and small convenience stores too.

BingShi merchandise, such as her gas mask and hoodie, became a trendy new item, while Kuro was transformed into a plushie and a keychain with survival capabilities.

Despite the fervor, only a few people actively prepared for the apocalypse, with the majority too preoccupied with their present lives to ponder the future.

'How to force people to do something?' Bing Shi mused.

The answer was simple: become an influencer. People would readily purchase anything with her name or likeness, not just for the apocalypse but for emergencies such as disasters and world wars.

'They somehow bought those items to feel safe,' Bing Shi reflected.

'How easier it would be if the authorities stopped assuring everyone that everything was fine and under control.'

'Oh, I almost forgot.  I gave them an excuse to strengthen their military forces.'

Whenever someone provided Bing Shi with their personal information, such as their names, phone numbers, and home addresses, a message would be sent to their phones.

╔═══════ ⊱❈⊰ ═══════╗

If I was the love of your life, would you die and kill for me?

❭ Yes.

❭ No.

❭ Sorry, I'm here by mistake.

╚════════ ⊱❈⊰ ═══════╝

Bing Shi would request those who answered "Yes" to record themselves eating a slice of lemon as proof.

If someone answered "No," they would be asked to explain why in 50 words or less, and also record themselves eating a slice of lemon.

The third option was disregarded, and only one chance was given to each person.

It was noteworthy that most of Bing Shi's romantic partners happened to be from the military, intelligence agencies, or law enforcement. An interesting coincidence indeed.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

In a solemn military conference room, a commanding figure sat at the head of the table, shrouded in an air of intensity.

"Any leads on Bing Shi's boyfriend?" Yi Zen demanded, his tone laced with authority.

The group of officers shook their heads in unison, faces contorting in sourness as they recounted the lemons incident. "We're not sure if Bing Shi is playing games with us or if she's serious," one of them muttered.

One of the more nervous officers tentatively suggested, "General, perhaps you could try it too. With your looks, you could make anyone fall for you."

Yi Zen's piercing gaze bore into the officer, his aura turning ominous. "What did you just say?" he growled, causing the officer to shrink back in fear.

Their General's look... how would they describe it? He could be a top model or movie star, with just his face and body alone. He was an imposing figure with sharp, chiseled features. His hair was kept short and perfectly groomed, and his posture exuded confidence and authority. 

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Bing Shi scrolled through her phone, amused by the men eating raw lemon slices. ["Nobody with the name of Xuan Mu?"] she asked, hoping for some information.

[No.] was the response.

Stopping at a particular video, Bing Shi's eyes widened in surprise. Yi Zen's sharp phoenix eyes stared back at the camera as he stoically chewed on a slice of lemon. She couldn't believe the god-like man had voluntarily participated in her prank.

Unable to suppress her laughter, Bing Shi quickly responded with a playful message:

(Bing Shi): This is unacceptable. My boyfriend can't be more beautiful than me.

"!!!!" The room fell silent as Bing Shi's response appeared on the screen. Everyone leaned in, eager to see what their chief had to say.

But instead of a romantic response, Yi Zen's message was one of objection and practicality.

(Yi Zen): I'm not your boyfriend. You need protection during the apocalypse, don't you? We will provide you with safety while you lend your abilities to us.

(Bing Shi): Sure.

"!!!!!!!" The room was filled with awed silence as everyone gazed at Yi Zen in admiration. His charisma was simply too much to resist!

Yi Zen scowled, annoyed that she had agreed so easily. They had tried everything to get her attention through private messages, but she never responded. Now, he sent her a stupid video, and she agreed without hesitation.

(Yi Zen): What are you after by making us eat lemons?

(Bing Shi): Just a little fun. Besides, lemons have great health benefits. I was waiting for someone with a high position. I want you to continue sending me men eating lemons, not until I find my boyfriend.

"!!!!!!!" The room fell silent as everyone turned their accusing gazes toward Yi Zen. It seemed it wasn't just his good looks that had caught Bing Shi's attention, but his position of power as well!

5