3.15 – The Sniper – Downfall of Humanity
175 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that night, after ensuring Fu Lian was safely settled, Kuro returned to Bing Shi and made itself comfortable on the bed near her feet.

[Host, what are your plans with Ren Han and Yi Zen?]

Bing Shi patted Kuro's head.

["I want their respect."]

Not only theirs. Forcing the entire military and police to consume lemons wasn't solely for her amusement.

'Hitting two flies with one slap? That's too few.'

She wasn't joking when she said she wanted an army. Bing Shi took her safety seriously, and to protect herself, she made sure everyone danced to her rules. It was a carefully crafted plan that involved every military and police personnel.

[Ren Han's too?]

["Yup. The previous Ren Han was far behind Yi Zen. We can't be so sure now. I predict that little Ziek will surprise everyone."]

[Didn't he make you feel uncomfortable?]

["He still does. But thinking it through for a week, It would be a waste not to have him on my side."]

[Host, why are you eating sweet potatoes every day?]

Asked Kuro, who had to return every night to prepare sweet potatoes for Bing Shi.

["What's wrong with my sweet potatoes?"]

Bing Shi looked down at her new sweet potatoes protectively.

'My Xuan Mu was taken away. Are you going to take my potatoes away too?'

[Nothing. Aren't you sick of them?]

["Never."]

She put them inside the fridge and lay down on the bed.

["Good job. Goodnight, Kuro."]

[Good job, Host. Goodnight.]

After kissing the bangle on her wrist, she fell asleep.

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

APOCALYPSE COUNTDOWN:

30 days left

If you want to live, go to this website:

www.bingshi.com

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

In accordance with the country's laws, the military was prohibited from carrying out police duties within its borders. Therefore, when there was a need to arrest a suspect, they had to call upon the police. However, due to the nature of the crime and the high level of risk involved, the special forces were summoned for the task.

In the dead of the night, Ren Han was hidden in the depths of a remote mountain, concealed among the bushes, wrapped in a thermal camouflage. As he peered through his binoculars, he grumbled about his hunger and cursed the world.

Ren Han, having taken over the job of a more experienced spotter, surveyed the flight school for any enemies.

"Ie; 800, 1/2 left, reference big tree, 15 meters, 3 o'clock. Big bush with red leaves, seen? From the red leaves, 0.5 meters at 4 o'clock, small mound with a brown spot. That spot is his boot," he said to the sniper next to him with precision.

Ziek kept his sights on the man as he observed their movements and quickly relayed this information to his team through the communicator. "Targets confirmed," he said in a hushed tone.

When a small aircraft inside of the flight school came into a halt, men, after men equipped in dark blue body armors, shattered a window of the small building with tear gas.

Contrasting to the military, police had a defensive mindset. They didn't have the authority to kill unless in self-defense.

Splitting up, one team went inside the building, while the other surrounded the aircraft. Hiding behind the shields, they pointed their rifles at the aircraft, while the officer shouted through the megaphone, "Police! Arrest warrant!"

Inside of the aircraft, as soon as five suspects opened the fire with automatic weapons, a bullet shot through the glass window, straight into a copilot's head.

Ziek, 'Self-defense? Self-defense.'

Cheng Bai, the old veteran, seeing the dead body next to him, knew that they were finished. His confidence shattered. Snipers were used as last resorts!

Staggering, he ran towards the five men, who kept on emptying their weapons. All sweaty, he shouted like a wild animal, "Drop your fūcking weapons! If you kill a cop, don't think about seeing the sky again! Ma Yang was killed by the sniper, the moment one of you fired a bullet!"

Like frightened chickens, they surrendered to the police. The drug traffickers were handcuffed the moment the door was opened. They were sent to the police station for further interrogation.

Inside the plane, the police found a few assault weapons and half o ton of cocaine worth fifteen million dollars. No wonders the old Cheng Bai was blinded by greed.

Ren Han's teammates made fun of the newbie sniper through the communicator when they checked the bloody cabin, "Man, you finally pulled the trigger, huh?"

"We 'peace officers' had it under control," another snickered, instead of praising the sniper, they remarked Ren Han's skills, "You are in trouble Ren Han!"

'Fūck you. Who wants to wait another hour for you to finish the job?' Taking a package of gummy snakes, Ren Han opened them up. Throwing a few snakes into his mouth, he spoke as he packed up his equipment. "I'm itchy to let him pull the trigger again," he said in a relaxed tone, "How about I send a few bullets up your faces?"

His teammates shuddered when they imagined a concealed sniper pointing his rifle at them, fearing the spotter by his side the most.

The rookie sniper kept his silence, rush of adrenaline pumping through his veins.  Even with a modern rifle scope, the field of view was like working through an empty toilet roll, he couldn't believe that he had just killed someone. 

When Ren Han returned from the vacation, his skills improved by a margin, not only in sniping but also in tactics, intelligence gathering, and observation. It contradicted with the long pause from work and his weak body.

Checking the surroundings one more time, Ziek picked his own rifle and pointed it at the man who stepped out of the armed vehicle. Inside of the safe zone, clothed in a military suit, the man spoke to a nearby officer who arrived in a police car.

Ziek aimed his scope towards Yi Zen's head and played with the trigger for a moment. "The almighty General Yi Zen... the other one, huh?" he muttered to himself.

Seeing Yi Zen's eyes looking at his location, he raised his eyebrow. A smile crept up his face. 'How the fūck did I caught her interest, with such a man nearby?'

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

APOCALYPSE COUNTDOWN:

14 days left

If you want to live, go to this website:

www.bingshi.com

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

4