3.24 – First Apocalypse Meal – Showdown – Downfall of Humanity
163 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the confines of a tent, four skilled drone pilots diligently followed Ren Han's instructions, gradually drawing the attention of the zombies away from the city.

Their synchronized efforts focused on luring the undead away, redirecting their path and minimizing the threat they posed to the inhabitants.

While waiting for the pilots to lure in all the zombies from city C, soldiers took a break to fill up their tummies.

Today's lunch consisted of a savory combination of cheese tortellini and minced pork, complemented by crunchy crackers topped with a generous spread of peanut butter for a delightful snack.

To keep their spirits high and fuel their energy for the long night ahead, they enjoyed two cups of steaming hot coffee, carefully poured into their trusty thermos flasks.

Seated together behind a table, a sense of fearlessness mingled with the adrenaline coursing through their veins. They engaged in lively conversation, using their unique bonding language. 

"We're going to take those motherfuckers down until they don't know what hit 'em!" shouted one of the combat team leaders with a fiery passion.

"Fuck yes!" Laughter erupted in the vicinity, the air buzzing with an electric camaraderie.

But as soon as Bing Shi appeared with her food tray, a sudden hush fell over the group. In that brief moment, the silence was so profound that one could almost hear a pin drop on the floor. 

She was a woman and a 'nonsoldier' to the boots. They still had some conduct and held back on swearing.

"I heard everything. Don't mind me, just continue," said Bing Shi as she walked towards her tent.

'A leader has to understand what soldiers have to deal with, such as their hopes, frustrations, and traumas.'

'The language they use becomes less important than a message they try to convey.'

Pulling down her mask, Bing Shi looked at the gruesome thing on her tray. Shrugging her shoulders, she took a spoon and started to eat quietly.

Not a crumble was left behind.

If someone from her previous life saw how the prominent heiress ate military rations without complaining and grimacing in disgust, they'd be too surprised to speak.

Bing Shi's parents adored her for her easy-going nature and simple tastes. She was a delight to raise, content with whatever food was provided to her. If given bread for a week, she would happily consume bread for the entire duration. Offered rice with soy sauce for every meal, she would happily enjoy it without complaint for an entire month.

She learned how to cook for Xuan Mu. But when it came to her own meals, as long as her stomach was filled, she didn't care.

Remembering her childhood, Xuan Mu founded Fenlin just to pamper Bing Shi's stomach. But this girl, after tasting all the world's delicacies, would always come back to her sweet potatoes...

  · · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

The next day.

At the top of the platform, Bing Shi, with two rifles in her hands, walked around the soldiers. Searching for an empty spot, she stopped between Yi Zen and Ren Han, "..."

Bing Shi poked Yi Zen with her rifle, "Hey, do you want me to end up as a laughing stock by positioning me between two geniuses?"

"..." The soldiers nearby watched in astonishment, their jaws dropping slightly. Did Bing Shi really just poke their general with her rifle? But it was Bing Shi, they were speaking about...

The display of familiarity and lightheartedness momentarily broke the tension, evoking a mix of surprise and amusement among the onlookers.

Ren Han laughed in amusement while Yi Zen looked at the person, whose aura screamed 'I'm bad at shooting,' with a clear mind. Enduring her absurdity for a year, he didn't find anything amiss with her behavior, "I was afraid you wouldn't be able to keep up with others."

"Oh, good reason." Without whining, Bing Shi sat down on the cushion, setting her rifle on a tripod. She took out another small tripod from her backpack and set the second rifle for Kuro to play with. Feeling all the stares at her, she lifted her head, "What?"

"Does it know how to shoot?" One of the soldiers asked.

Bing Shi nodded proudly, "Of course, I was the one who taught Kuro."

"..." They didn't feel assured at all! Wasn't she going to waste all the bullets?!

Ziek blinked at the snake next to him. As long as Kuro didn't open its mouth at him, he should be fine...

... perhaps.

What surprised him was that Bing Shi exchanged her seat with Kuro.

'I have far more important things to do than taking revenge on a teenager. It'd be bad if his performance declined because of Kuro.'

Bing Shi spoke with a grin, "Happy to be sitting next to me?"

Ziek looked away with a sly smile.

"Why are you so silent?" Bing Shi frowned in displeasure, "You should be cursing at me."

'Come on, don't OOC.'

"Grandson, don't be shy. Grandma doesn't mind."

Ziek sent Bing Shi a message.

(Ren Han): I wonder what my teammate's reaction would be if they knew what my grandma looks like in all her glory.

Then, he took a nude picture out of his vest pocket and looked at it provocatively.

'Boy, you have no idea.'

'I have years of practice with dating a provocateur.'

(Bing Shi): How sweet of you, to keep Lulu Tan's picture with you. As soon as I leave, you can ask her to be your girlfriend.

Ziek responded with a frown.

(Ren Han): Till then, it's still your body.

(Bing Shi): If you want to brag about me before your friends...Here, meet my boyfriend and me.

Bing Shi sent him a picture of herself in tiger pajamas and Xuan Mu.

When she looked up to see his expression, the man on the other side was wearing a gas mask.

'When did he find time to put on a gas mask?!'

Seeing the couple photo, oh, how much Ziek wanted to curse at her, gnashing his teeth, he stared at the unfamiliar girl in the picture with contempt. He was so used to imagining Bing Shi as LuLu Tan, so this became a great shock to him.

'So ugly.' He then looked at the man in a simple black T-shirt. Ziek didn't want to admit it, but the man was oddly familiar, and he disliked every bit of this annoying feeling. 'Why is he so fūcking happy?!'

That mysterious man shouldn't be that happy... Tucking the phone back into his vest pocket, he cursed, his impatience palpable as he anxiously awaited the emergence of the first wave of zombies.

So what if it was a fake photo, it's not like he could delete it from his memories. He would instead Bing Shi send him an old grandma or something.

Now, the Bing Shi in his mind changed from the cute LuLu Tan into a woman with black-rimmed eyeglasses, wearing tiger pajamas. And it suited Bing Shi's persona so much that he started to believe it!

5