3.41 – Reading From Bing Shi’s Script – Downfall of Humanity
127 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air above the city D was stagnant, and Ziek couldn't be more pleased. This was perfect weather for sniping. He took in the scene below, a quiet road teeming with aimless zombies. With a mischievous glint in his eye, he lobbed a firecracker into the heart of the undead crowd and then shot upwards into the sky, gaining altitude to survey his handiwork.

BAM

BAM

BAM

The zombies were startled, confused, and angry. They stumbled and lurched, drawn to the source of the disturbance as if pulled by invisible strings. They emerged from alleys, broke through windows, and raced toward the epicenter of the noise. 

Among them, a distinct figure caught Ziek's attention – a zombie who seemed to have once been a policeman. Clad in battered riot armor, it moved with an uncanny speed that set it apart from the stumbling horde. Other zombies seemed to give it a wide berth, a clear indicator of its threat.

"Found a damn sprinter," Ziek's voice crackled over the communicator.

Locking onto his target's clothing, he acted swiftly. Before the nimble zombie could react, a high-caliber bullet pierced through its helmet, felling it with precision. 

All the zombies looked up in the sky in confusion.

BAM

More explosions erupted in the distance, drawing the attention of the zombies like a siren's call, entirely ignoring the man who appeared behind them. 

Ziek held a tenth green nucleus in his hand, his satisfaction evident in his grin, "Westminster Street clear."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

His team didn't even get one yet, and this officer was taking them down like cherries!

  · · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Hiding in one of the rooftops, a soldier spoke as he tried to snipe down a zombie, "Found one with wind powers. It created a freakin' windshield to bounce my bullets off." He swiftly reached for a flare pistol, sending a vivid red signal shooting into the sky, broadcasting his location.

A chopper flew above a rooftop where the red signal appeared; it didn't forget to lure a horde of zombies on its way with its noise.

The first one who appeared was Kuro, followed by three air users and one fire user. Ban, together with two water and two earth, used ropes to climb down.

A voice of inquiry emerged from Fu Lian's lips, her eyes fixed on the scene below. "Are we not landing?"

Wan Ke extended his hand toward her, a sardonic grin tugging at his lips. "Spot any helipads around here? If not, grab my hand."

Fu Lian frowned in disgust. She positioned herself at the entrance's edge, gripping the rope with every intention of rappelling down independently.

Seeing her intent, Wan Ke acted quickly, clutching her shoulder and whisking her onto the rooftop. "Are you begging for a death wish? Rappelling isn't a game for the inexperienced!"

Fu Lian retaliated, her rifle pointed squarely at his head. "Who said I'm inexperienced?"

Wan Ke raised his hands and made a distance, "C-calm down, I didn't mean to belittle you." 

Ren Han appeared in time to see the commotion, "What happened?" He glanced at the departing helicopter and directed the question at Ban as he dismantled Fu Lian's rifle right before everyone's eyes.

Sounds of laughter

"💢." A vein popped up on Fu Lian's forehead. If there was someone who she wanted to kill the most, it was that man, Ren Han! She couldn't even describe how much resentment she felt towards him!

In a resigned gesture, she stowed away the disassembled parts of her rifle into her spatial dimension. Drawing a fresh weapon, she strode toward the rooftop's edge to assess the situation. An upgrade to her space required a Level 4 nucleus.

"Miss Fu Lian attempted to rappel from a chopper," Ban chuckled, relaying the incident.

"So desperate?" Ren Han quirked an eyebrow, his tone amused. "Guess she's taken a break from cooking as well."

"Maybe she noticed that cooking for two hundred men every day isn't an easy matter, said Bing Shi. We miss her meals. Some of us attempted to replicate her cooking, but it pales in comparison," Ban sighed sorrowfully, "We tried to send her to the kitchen, but it always ends in a disaster."

Ziek approached the rooftop's edge, his laughter echoing. He envisioned the tangled web of misunderstandings his grandmother had woven. As his gaze shifted from the zombies scaling walls to those surging upward, he barked a warning. "Spread out!"

But it was too late. A swarm of zombies emerged from the building, pouring onto the rooftop. All the soldiers who could fly grabbed a nearby earth or water user and flew to another building.

With remarkable speed, Wan Ke snatched Ban. "Fu Lian's within her space!" he shouted at Ren Han before utilizing his teleportation.

"And what the fūck do you expect me to do?" Ziek muttered to himself, conjuring an invisible force that toppled the zombies like dominoes.

'Exactly that!' resonated through the group's minds as they observed from afar.

Perched on a nearby building's edge, Ren Han's face revealed traces of weariness. "Call her out," he commanded through his communicator.

"We don't know how," Wan Ke admitted.

"She should see the situation outside," Pony remarked playfully. "She should appear in no time."

  · · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Pony's prediction proved to be amusingly wide of the mark. Even with General Yi Zen's arrival, Fu Lian remained resolute within her space. 

Fu Lian decided not to return to that hell hole, ever. She ignored Yi Zen and the white snake, who were leaning against the wall in silence. But when Yi Zen's phone chimed, she couldn't but perk up her ears.

Yi Zen answered the call, "Bing Shi?"

"The villainess is having her grand moment," Bing Shi whispered over the line.

Yi Zen sighed audibly. "Go to sleep."

Bing Shi activated the speakerphone and promptly launched into dramatic sobs with an intentionally exaggerated pitch. She remained oblivious to Ziek passing by her tent, who nearly stumbled upon hearing her next words.

"How am I supposed to sleep knowing you're on the brink of losing your virginity!? I'm dead serious; If you don't return, I'll end my life right here!"

When Ren Han barged into her tent, he saw Bing Shi in a gas mask, holding a script with crossed fingers.🤞

"..."

Bing Shi opened her eyes wide at the intruder. She quickly shooed him away with her script, but Ziek stood rooted on the spot.

Yi Zen, who had no idea what was happening on her side, pinched his forehead in tiredness, "Enough with your jokes."

Fu Lian's eyebrows shot up. 'Yi Zen is a virgin?'

Bing Shi swiftly regained her composure, resuming her script reading. "At the very least, come back for dinner. You've skipped two entire meals! How are you even managing to bathe? You must reek like a skunk!"

Fu Lian eyed the steaming stew in her hand. 'Can a handsome man like him really smell bad?'

Yi Zen let out a deep sigh, "Bing Shi, stop acting like my wife. This is your twentieth call. Do you miss me that much?"

Before Bing Shi could respond, Ziek seized her phone and switched it off. An awkward silence ensued.

Bing Shi, "..."

Ziek, "..."

Yi Zen, "..."

With frustration gnawing at her, Bing Shi surged to her feet, her protective barrier expanding in size. "Give it back." She enclosed Ziek within an iridescent bubble, her voice more soothing, "I'll let you listen."

Ziek looked at the satellite phone in his hands and decisively shook his head. As the invisible walls began to encroach upon him, he persisted in his head-shaking.

"Suit yourself," Bing Shi declared with an unyielding expression, lifting the barrier slightly before enveloping herself within it.

Ziek lifted his gaze and gave her phone back, "You cheater."

An undercurrent of pain surged within Bing Shi's heart. Reclaiming her phone, she dialed Yi Zen's number and directed the script toward Ziek, "Yi Zen, you should at least get some rest."

Yi Zen leaned his shoulder against Kuro, "Not until she appears."

Bing Shi raised her voice, "Are you crazy? She doesn't deserve you!"

Yi Zen chuckled at the woman who appeared before him. "En...crazy in love. I'm the one who doesn't deserve her," he said and turned off the call.

Who wrote this script? Who else if not Bing Shi?

4