2.71 – Mirror – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
199 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xuan Mu closed his eyes, his features tightening with frustration. "Didn't I say not to touch other men? That's what happens when you don't listen to me. You get hurt by them."

Bing Shi's eyes were swollen and red from crying. She fumbled in her purse for a tissue and blew her nose. "Don't try to take advantage of the situation," she said, her voice shaky with emotion. "What were you thinking, trying to kill somebody in broad daylight?"

Opening his eyes, Xuan Mu lifted Bing Shi onto his lap and lifted her chin to look at her. Her eyes were tightly shut, but he coaxed her to meet his gaze. "Bing Shi, look at me," he said, his voice softening.

She slowly opened her eyes and gazed at him. The depths of his dark eyes were intense, like a storm brewing on the horizon.

"I don't kill, even though I might want to," Xuan Mu spoke gravely. His voice was low and rough. Seeing her nod, he reached for her injured hand, but she yanked it away and handed him a disinfectant instead. He clenched his palm tight, his knuckles white.

"Did I scare you?" he asked, his voice still gruff.

"A little," she admitted, her heart still racing like a wild stallion.

"Bing Shi, I'm sorry. Does it hurt?" Xuan Mu asked as he cleaned his hands with a disinfectant wipe. "I don't even dare leave a hickey on you, and here comes some dude..." He groaned in frustration, feeling helpless as he couldn't make her bruises disappear.

"It doesn't hurt," Bing Shi said, her voice still stuffy from crying. "I'm more worried about my mascara. I should have brought my make-up kit."

"Should I call someone to deliver it for you?" Xuan Mu asked, trying to lift the mood with a feeble smile, but it was like a dim light struggling to shine through the darkness.

"I was joking. It's waterproof."

"..." Xuan Mu felt like a traveler in a foreign land, unable to speak the language and navigate the unfamiliar terrain. 

"Don't look at me. I'm ugly right now," Bing Shi ordered, her voice like a wounded bird's cry.

"No. You are very pretty," Xuan Mu said in a distressed tone, "The prettiest."

"Xuan Mu, your sense of beauty is the worst," she giggled, but the laughter soon turned into sobs once she went through his words, "Does it mean I have to cry every time I want to be beautiful?"

Xuan Mu engulfed her in a delicate hug, his arms wrapped around her like a cocoon. "You can do whatever you want and still be the prettiest," he whispered, a small smile appearing on his face. As he held her, he felt the violent thoughts in his head slowly dissipate.

"True. Xuan Mu you are turning me into a narcissist princess," Bing Shi blew her nose, "Sorry for ruining the business meeting. Again."

"It happened two times out of many. Furthermore, you gave them a favor by dismissing it," he caressed her hair gently, "Bing Shi, it wasn't your fault. It was his and my fault."

"I never said it's my fault. I'm the victim here. Did you ever see a victim cleaning after her culprit's mess? Because I didn't," Bing Shi's eyes were red and puffy as she pointed at the destroyed lounge. "I don't want to clean this, should we run away from the crime scene? Nothing like this happened before; I wasn't sure what your reaction would be like, I had to prevent an accident from occurring. Xuan Mu, It's not like I have no faith in you... "

Softly, Xuan Mu pressed his lips against hers as they gazed into each other's eyes. She pulled away, tears streaming down her face. "I'm not done crying," she said through her sobs.

"Then continue," he whispered, pulling her close again and kissing her gently.

She pulled away once more, "You'll be covered in my snot and tears."

"Fine with me," he said, wiping away her tears with his thumb.

Bing Shi pulled away from Xuan Mu's lips, her face contorted in a grimace. "You're gross," she teased, trying to lighten the mood despite the tears still streaking her cheeks.

"I love you too," Xuan Mu replied, his own lips curving into a soft smile as he leaned in to kiss her again.

But Bing Shi pulled away once more, "What did I say about kissing?" 

"No kissing, because you'll stain me. You have my approval," he pressed his lips against hers... yet again.

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Nobody made a move with their lips as they communicated by blinking at each other.

*Blink*

*Blink*

*Blink*

*Blink*

Bing Shi leaned in closer to Xuan Mu, pushing his shoulders against the couch and placing her knees on either side of his thigh. With a gentle touch, she cupped his cheeks and tilted her head to peck his lips.

Xuan Mu traced his hands along her back, pulling her closer to him. As their lips met, he opened his mouth slightly, allowing her tongue to take a lead. It didn't happen often for him to give the lead, even if he did, it would be pushed back to him. No, it would be thrown back at his face; his Bing Shi liked to be pampered silly.

This time was an exception.

Bing Shi made it seem like she was thinking of Xuan Mu's well-being first, in reality, she'd think of herself first.

She didn't want to stain him with her lipstick = She didn't want her face to be ruined by his messy kisses.

She asked him if he was tired = She wanted to sleep.

Xuan Mu knew his girlfriend's priorities too well. As long as he knew her boundaries, anything was possible.

Bing Shi tilted Xuan Mu's head down with a playful grin, her kisses becoming more intense and torturous. Her tears were gone, replaced by a mischievous smile as she pecked his nose, upper lip, and then his bottom lip. She finally planted kisses on the corners of his lips, causing them to curl up in a smile.

"You look like the Joker," she said with a playful laugh, patting her handiwork. She pulled a mirror out of her purse and handed it to him. "See for yourself."

4