2.73 – Aphrosidiacs – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
186 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia held her slim stomach, her eyes misty with emotion. "Are you crazy? This is the first time in years that I've had the courage to go against my Boss, and you had to bring Bing Shi into it?"

"Mia, don't worry. I'll protect you," Lu Ren said, feeling a strange sensation in his gut. He held onto Mia protectively. "Bing Shi won't be able to hurt you."

"Shut up! She can hurt you without even trying," Mia walked away from him, "Never go against her!"

Lu Ren followed after her, "What are you scared off? Isn't she just a simple woman obsessed with her man?"

Mia, with her beguiling almond eyes, glared at the powerful man, who suddenly turned stupid, "What simple girl would be able to tame someone like Xuan Mu!? Except for her, he fears nothing! He could destroy this world if he wanted, for him, everything is a playground!"

She continued, "Zhu Cai's broken arms... he did it so openly before all those powerhouses. It's a clear warning for others not to touch his woman! Zhu family grew in power thanks to their son; they are on par with Guan Lin's. Someone broke their son's arms, and they just accepted it, why?"

"Isn't it obvious? They fear Xuan Mu," Lu Ren answered.

"If they feared Xuan Mu, why would they injure Bing Shi? It has to be her doing. She told me she gets rid of enemies before they even become enemies," Mia shuddered, "Now, I understand."

"You are overthinking. Isn't she stupid to tell you something like it?"

"She likes to joke a lot; I thought she was joking."

"Isn't Xuan Mu bullying you? Why don't you resign and come to my company?"

His bullying was nothing compared to what she felt in other companies; Xuan Mu didn't degrade her, thought Mia. "Because working with Xuan Mu is a million times better than working with you. Don't bring my work into our relationship," she said with a scoff.

"..." Lu Ren, full of jealousy, gripped her wrist tight and brought her to a private room, trashing the door furiously. He pushed her against the wall and kissed her, "Don't call another man's name before me," he threatened.

"Let go of me! You are hurting me!" Mia warned him, but Lu Ren didn't listen. He continued to mark her with hickeys. In self-defense, she kicked him in between the legs.

Lu Ren let out a loud groan and released his grip on her, holding onto his groin in pain. "MIA!!!" he shouted as she hurried away.

As Mia rushed out of the room, she collided with a sturdy chest.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

The magnificent banquet was connected to the outdoor, wooden terrace with ivy leaves, providing guests a romantic seat with a great view of the ocean and the moon.

The guests had a great time today. While drinking wine and champagne; they chatted about the latest rumors; their eyes occasionally switched toward a young couple. A few guests would come to greet them while the braver ones would exchange a few words, not for long, since this duo was in a hurry to fill their tummies.

Before them lay a plentiful seafood buffet arranged meticulously on top of elegant ice sculptures. Xuan Mu and Bing Shi filled their porcelain plates to the brim before making their way outside to the terrace.

Xuan Mu sat on the terrace, his eyes scanning the crowd while his deft hands placed an oyster on Bing Shi's plate, exchanging it for a shrimp. "Are you surprised?" he asked. 

Referring to the young couple they had been watching earlier, Xuan Mu shared his thoughts, "She's not a gold digger, who would sell herself for money," he continued, "She cares the most about her career prestige. That's what she tells others, at least."

Xuan Mu took a sip of his drink and rested his elbow on the table, "With her brains and education, she could apply for high-ranking positions and get the opportunity to network and socialize with high-profile individuals, but she always chooses to stay as a CEO's assistant. Why?"

He paused for a moment before adding, "In fact, she is just looking for the right man to take revenge on a rich girl that stole her first boyfriend, and the ex-boyfriend himself." He turned his head to look at Bing Shi, a wry smile on his face. "You've never noticed because you don't attend parties with me."

"Oh, that's why she wanted to stay behind. I wonder if she already realized that in this circle, nobody cares if you're a gold digger or not," Bing Shi then proceeded to swallow an oyster and turned to Xuan Mu, proposing, "Xuan Mu, how about two Bing Shies for one million?"

Xuan Mu arched his eyebrow,  "Two Bing Shies for one million? You drive a hard bargain, my dear. Can't you knock the price down a bit for your loyal customer?"

"These are all limited-edition products. Only the lucky few get to enjoy them," she reached out her little hand.

"Bing Shi, my wallet is in your Doraemon." He affectionately referred to her purses as Doraemons because they always seemed to contain everything. Despite having a mild case of OCD, Bing Shi refused to acknowledge it.

"Ooh," Bing Shi deftly opened her purse, retrieving Xuan Mu's wallet and handing it to him with a flourish. "Here you are, kind sir."

"..." Xuan Mu leaned in closer, placing another oyster on Bing Shi's plate. "I think I'll have to start selling Xuan Mus just to afford you," he whispered, his voice low and smooth, "I promise to throw a few hugs and kisses in every sale."

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a Xuan Mu collector just yet," Bing Shi snapped shut her purse with a contented grin, the sound like the clasp of a trap.

As she savored the fifth oyster, she raised her gaze and locked eyes with Xuan Mu's parted lips, his tongue darting out to wet them like a predator salivating over its prey, "Xuan Mu, no PDA, and no more oysters, I want to eat something else."

She returned the oyster and picked up a crab leg.

Xuan Mu's expression morphed into one of anguish as he watched Bing Shi set aside the oyster, his hand involuntarily reaching out to stop her. "Bing Shi, they are good for your health."

"Like everything else on my plate," Bing Shi ignored his pitiful eyes, "What are you going to do with Zhu Cai?"

"Use him, then toss him," Xuan Mu's smile faltered, but he quickly recovered, "Bing Shi, I think he likes you."

"Does he?" Bing Shi shuddered awkwardly, "You are not jealous?"

He leaned back in his chair, his movements as smooth as a cat's, "Jealous? Why would I be?"

Bing Shi's eyes sparkled with delight as she eagerly picked up the remaining oysters on the plate. She savored each one with a look of pure bliss, savoring the salty tang and buttery texture of the seafood. 

"What are you doing?" asked Xuan Mu.

"Trying to drug myself with aphrodisiac food."

"Well, good luck," said Xuan Mu as he plucked a succulent king crab leg from the platter and brought it to his lips. He savored the flavor, relishing in the briny sweetness of the ocean that lingered on his tongue. 

Aphrodisiac food didn't work on Bing Shi. She was like a rock, immovable and unshakable. Xuan Mu's teasing was like a gentle breeze that barely ruffled her feathers. In the end, she went along with his joke. 

4