2.78 – Sleepy – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
176 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xuan Mu's paranoia intensified.

He would send Bing Shi to all kinds of doctors to check her health. She would return back with a report, saying she was all good and healthy.

Bing Shi couldn't drive a car or a plane without Xuan Mu.

Bing Shi was jolted awake as Xuan Mu thrashed around in his sleep, his limbs flailing wildly. In the midst of his violent movement, his foot made sudden contact with her side, causing her to tumble off the bed and hit the floor with a thud. The impact knocked the breath out of her, and for a moment, she lay there, gasping for air and trying to recover. 

"BING SHI!!" Xuan Mu's eyes widened in shock as he jumped out of bed and rushed to Bing Shi's side. Seeing her gasping for air, Xuan Mu was terrified of himself.  He almost killed her! He carried her to a hospital while apologizing endlessly.

Bing Shi and Xuan Mu returned home, where they sat on the couch in the brightly lit living room. Bing Shi's reassurances did little to comfort Xuan Mu, who felt like a complete failure. He rested his forehead on her shoulder, his voice trembling with emotion as he asked, "Why aren't you scared of me? Why do you still care for me? You know you can leave whenever you want, right? I wouldn't do anything to stop you."

"It's not your fault. You did it against your will," she said with a reassuring smile. "If you give me a reason to hate you, I'll leave, and I don't care if you kill yourself or not," she caressed his cheek.

The desolate man who was deserted a while ago was brought back to life. Each touch of hers was like healing water for his dried-out soul.

Eventually, they both drifted off to sleep, with the newfound comfort of each other's presence. But when Bing Shi woke up, there was another bed in their bedroom. She felt powerless as she realized that Xuan Mu's paranoia had escalated to a point where he wouldn't even let her sleep in the same bed, afraid of something happening to her.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Bing Shi watched from the corner of the room like a concerned mother hen, her heart heavy with worry. Xuan Mu, on the other hand, lay on the bed like a restless animal, twisting and turning, his face a mask of pain and exhaustion, "Still can't fall asleep?"

Xuan Mu turned around to see a worried face with dark circles under her eyes. "Mm...," he mumbled tiredly.

Bing Shi quietly rose from her bed, tiptoeing over to Xuan Mu's side to check on him. As she leaned over him, she could see the sweat beading on his forehead and the dark circles under his eyes, evidence of the torment he was enduring, "This can't do. You'll die without sleeping," she hugged him as tears fell down her eyes.

He hugged her back. "Death would be my relief. Anything is better than this torture," he said through closed eyes, "Sorry for saying such words."

"This is nothing compared to you screaming into a pillow. I should raise a red flag for myself," responded Bing Shi with a forced grin.

"There are red flags all around you, and you still choose to stay?" asked Xuan Mu, his eyes began to sting painfully, "You really have a Stockholm syndrome."

"Nah, It's just our kind of messed up love. And even if I had, my captor is such a funny guy that he deserves a candy," said Bing Shi, feeling her own eyelids growing heavy with fatigue

Xuan Mu caressed her hair, "I'm giving you the last chance for you to leave me."

"I take it back, no candy for you," Bing Shi yawned, too tired to comprehend the gravity of his words. Snuggling into his palm, she closed her eyes, trusting him with her life.

Xuan Mu's helpless smile betrayed his fear, "Hmpf, who wants a candy. That's too few. I want at least three candies."

"Mm, anything for you," Bing Shi answered, her words carrying the weight of her unwavering devotion to him. With her last words, she fell asleep by his side.

Xuan Mu watched Bing Shi drift off to a peaceful slumber, her breaths deep and even. With a tender peck on her hair, he carefully scooped her up into his arms and carried her to her own bed. He couldn't bear the thought of letting her rest on his sweat- and tear-stained bed. As he looked down at her, he knew she must have been utterly exhausted. Normally, she would stir and wake up from even the slightest movement, but tonight, she was deep in sleep.

After tucking her in, Xuan Mu made his way to the office. The darkness of the room greeted him as he turned on the light. The sterile, neat surroundings of his workplace were a stark contrast to the chaos of his mind.

He sat down in front of his computer, his eyes scanning through the numerous files and folders, but his mind was elsewhere. The fear and paranoia still lingered, his heart still heavy with the weight of his nightmares. Despite being physically away from her, he felt her presence, like a soft blanket wrapped around him, calming his anxious mind.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

The next day...

A towering figure draped in a dark winter coat strode into the lavish jewelry boutique.

"Mr. Xuan Mu, welcome." The impeccably dressed manager received him with reverence, bowing slightly as he led him towards the private chamber, where the precious jewels were carefully guarded.

Xuan Mu followed with composure, his eyes gliding over the intricate displays of diamonds and gems with an unassuming air.

Once inside the private room, Xuan Mu was seated in a plush armchair. The manager left the room, leaving him alone in silence, save for the soft ticking of the ornate clock on the wall.

Soon, a suave salesman, flanked by two burly guards, entered with a sleek metallic briefcase. With a courteous smile and a firm handshake, he placed the case on the table and unlocked it with a sophisticated fingerprint scanner.

As Xuan Mu gazed upon the selection of small boxes displayed before him, he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. The boxes seemed to gleam and sparkle, each one promising the perfect ring for his beloved Bing Shi.

With practiced ease, the sales associate donned a pair of white gloves before pulling out a box from the neatly arranged pile. "These are the most exquisite engagement rings we could find on such short notice. They were sized according to Miss Bing Shi's ring finger."

As he gently deposited the ring onto Xuan Mu's palm, he began to describe the history and craftsmanship of each ring as Xuan Mu examined them one by one, trying to imagine which one would suit Bing Shi's delicate fingers best.

"The diamond on this ring is one of a kind," the manager explained, gesturing towards the ring in Xuan Mu's hand. "A 33.19-carat stone, perfectly cut and without any flaws. Its brilliance is unparalleled, and it would make a stunning centerpiece for any ring."

4