3.01 – Their Past Lives – Downfall of Humanity
256 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

° Somewhere in Dimensional Abyss Headquarters, after Xuan Mu passed away...

° A middle-aged assistant in a white robe entered an old man's office through the pillared entrance.

° "Chief, good news! The broken soul died due to a natural cause!" he said, placing a report in the form of a futuristic screen on the desk. "Although he died young, he should be fixed because he never gave up on living until the end."

° "Did you find out how it got fixed?" asked the head chief while going through the report. He was a white-bearded man dressed in a similar robe; he wore a bluish stole around his neck with the ends hanging down in front of him.

° Prior to a person's death, crucial moments of their life would flash before their eyes; at that time, Dimensional Abyss Headquarters would have the opportunity to learn about that person's life. Then, the time for judgment would follow.

° After taking a deep breath, the assistant continued, "She is not just any soulmate. Guan Fei, our ex-host who completed her missions, is his match! Her dream was to live a leisurely life with a soulmate. She was sent to the nearest one without a bond. Who would have guessed that her soulmate was already in a relationship?"

° "A girl? The chief ran his hand through his bushy beard thoughtfully and said, "The System Headquarters have been looking for a host compatible with the world patching system 001 for a long time." Perhaps she was the one.

° "It appears that she is still alive. How will we handle his soul?" The assistant questioned, "Should we send him to a reincarnation cycle?

° "No, we are not absolutely certain that the soul is fixed. We won't be able to check on him once we send him to a reincarnation cycle. Lock his memories and send him to a trial world (F rank). About that girl... send me her report as soon as she dies."

° "Yes, chief!" the assistant confirmed.

 · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

° After Bing Shi's death, somewhere in Dimensional Abyss Headquarters...

° "Chief, his girlfriend has passed away. While examining her past lives, we discovered that she never had the chance to create a strong connection with her soulmate due to the circumstances she was in," said the assistant, entering the office.

° "In her first life, she was a slave for a high-ranked concubine. In her second life, she served as a servant for an empress. However, after the empress passed away, she devoted her life to establishing a community centered around her beliefs and became a spiritual mentor."

° "In her third lifetime, she was a science student who was assaulted on her way home. Traumatized by the experience, she gave up her studies and sought refuge in a Buddhist shrine, where she became a nun. Despite meeting her soulmate, who visited the shrine, she never responded to his feelings and died of old age while still a nun." (Do you remember Bing Shi's stalker?)

° "In a fourth lifetime, she was a mad scientist, who dedicated most of her time to her experiments in her laboratory. It was there that she reunited with her soulmate again, and they formed a romantic relationship. However, before they could take their love to the next level, their experiment went awry and caused their deaths." (Do you remember Zhu Cai's dreams?)

° The chief's smile widened as he read through the report. "So she was a common soul all along," he mused to himself. "But a valuable one at that."

° He used a communicator on his desk to contact the system headquarters. "I have a recommendation for you," he said to the person on the other end. "We've found a host for your World Patching system 001."

7