3.60 – Acting Like Easy Prey – Downfall of Humanity
276 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This world was evolving from apocalyptic into fantasy really quickly.

Bing Shi had deployed a few people to abandoned places like underground caves and islands to look for living animals that were not contaminated by the virus. 

While some animals passed the trial and could be consumed without triggering zombification, they posed a new set of risks. Many of these animals carried unexpected superpowers, making them potentially dangerous. 

The only place that could keep animals in their original condition was Fu Lian's space.

["Kuro, is this water special like Fu Lian's?"]

[It shouldn't be.]

Kuro answered.

Did he use a healer to heal the water? Bing Shi contemplated.

["Let's ask him later."]

Kuro nodded, slithering out to explore the modified ship.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Later, when Bing Shi approached Ziek to inquire about his aquatic marvel, he replied with a sly grin, "What's in it for me?"

"I'm broke," Bing Shi responded with feigned distress before promptly adding, "Bye-bye," and making a hasty exit.

She had no intention of diving into an unprofitable venture. Growing up in a family that practically breathed business and living with a shrewd businessman had taught her a trick or two about negotiation. She knew better than to let a seller get the upper hand. She had no plans of becoming another one of Xuan Mu's unfortunate victims.

As for Yi Zen, she practically sprinted to his location, brimming with urgency (because, let's face it. If there was someone who would open his wallet generously, it would be this man). 

"..." Ziek had half-expected her to play the "I've already given you pictures and nuclei" card or something similar. But when she claimed poverty, he was ready to declare himself a soaring cabbage if that was the case. After all, Bing Shi being broke was about as likely as vegetables sprouting wings and flying to the skies!

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

With Ziek's appearance, the friendly competition between the two bases turned into an all-out rivalry.  Soldiers, as if injected with rooster blood, engaged in a relentless battle for supremacy.

If Ziek's team conquered a city in three days, Yi Zen's team managed it in two and a half ── both blissfully unaware that the real victor in this showdown of egos was Bing Shi, who found endless amusement in the absurd back-and-forth.

At this pace, the supposedly impossible quest would be completed within a few short years. She planned on giving up this quest. After all, she had managed to conquer an F-rank world in a mere year and a half for 5000p.

Imagine billions of zombies hiding all over the world. The points for this quest were not worth her precious time, and the same went for looking for an antidote.

They went into contact with a few bases along the way, but those base's goals were to survive, not to massacre the whole zombie population. 🧟 🧟‍♂️

[Host, you could have finished this quest faster if you saved only a few cities and destroyed the rest.]

Sometimes, Bing Shi wondered whether it was Kuro posing these questions or some other entity entirely.

'Yi Zen hates Fu Lian's prison. But does he realize that my base is a prison too? The chance of Yi Zen killing Fu Lian has become minimal. But he is not the only threat, Fu Lian, this girl is a bit of a magnet for disasters.'

'I need to have Fu Lian and Yi Zen under my constant watch. That's why I entrapped both of them in this place under a facade of annihilating the zombies.'

But she refrained from sharing this somber truth with Kuro, instead offering an alternative explanation.

["Launching a nuclear bomb at a city goes against my nature and principles, which I don't plan to change any time soon."]

In her hands rested an immense power, which could mess with a person's mind.

Her fear of change was a constant presence. What if she had transformed into an entirely different person by the time she crossed paths with Xuan Mu again? Her desire was to evolve for the better, not for the worse, although her loneliness didn't make it any easier. 

Afraid of forming close bonds, her only escape was to find some entertainment by herself...for herself.

["Kuro, have you forgotten my dream? I always wanted to build something big like a skyscraper. As a structural engineer, I don't destroy, I create and restore."]

Her plans were constantly changing on the go. Empowered by her newfound abilities,  she was not afraid to be more and more daring. 

'Creating a whole new world...'

'How amazing does it sound?'

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Packing up, Fu Lian sent the whole base into her space, which tripled in size since the time they started this journey.

'Fu Lian is so OP!' Bing Shi exclaimed with wide-eyed amazement as she observed the remarkable strides Fu Lian had taken in mastering her superpowers. 'Seriously, everyone here is just ridiculously overpowered!'

Fu Lian's growth in mental strength was evident through the remarkable advancement she had achieved: Within this evolved space, she had dedicated a realm specifically for the soldiers and outsiders. She had even crafted a smaller version of a lake within this area, though it lacked the magical properties of her own.

To conserve energy, most of the soldiers also teleported into Fu Lian's space, leaving behind only a small group: Bing Shi, Fu Lian, Yi Zen, Qua Tao, Wan Ke... oh, and the sixth member, Ren Han. Tagging with them for the time being, he was going to leave them in a month again.

Could someone tell them how great this man's stamina was?!? Without using any physical energy, he manipulated his ship high in the sky with his mental strength alone!

Ziek didn't use much stamina. He let the ship fly on autopilot, by imagining it gliding towards a specific destination. This fact only infuriated everyone further!

As they drove inconspicuously in a regular family car, they unexpectedly encountered three hummers on the road. Assuming they were refugees, they passed by without much thought.

But suddenly, the team was halted by a fierce gust of wind. Before it could impact the vehicle, Qua Tao, their driver, conjured a protective tornado around the car, bending the front slightly in the process.

Fu Lian swiftly moved inside her space to notify the men inside to hold a long rope as she projected the outside situation onto the surface of the lake. Reappearing in her seat, she prepared for what was to come.

Meanwhile, Bing Shi took the opportunity to hide Kuro up her sleeve and calmly observed the three hummers outside. "Looks like someone's having a stroke of bad luck today," she remarked with an unruffled smile.

Traveling with Bing Shi certainly promised excitement and fun!

One of her tactics for luring in enemies?

Appear as easy prey...

Soldiers inside the space shared a mix of shudders as they lit a candle for the people inside those hummers.

Haha, just kidding! More like shuddering in excitement!

With around two hundred people within the space and an entire ship above ground, necks and fingers cracked in anticipation. It was clear that a thrilling showdown was about to commence.

9