3.65 – Sister In Law – Downfall of Humanity
166 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following day in the central kitchen, Fu Lian busied herself preparing breakfast for the soldiers. Laughter suddenly echoed through the space, drawing the attention of nearby helpers. Glancing up, they spotted several soldiers holding baskets brimming with fruits. Their playful interactions with a girl in a white dress were hard to miss.

Amidst the scene, Fu Qin plucked an apple from a basket. Ignoring Bing Shi's earlier warning, she approached Fu Lian and extended the apple with a beaming smile. "For my dearest sister," she cheerfully offered, "I cultivated them last night. They have revitalizing properties. Our father likes them the most."

As Fu Lian reached out for the apple, it slipped from Fu Qin's grasp and fell to the floor. 

With teary eyes, Fu Qin swiftly retrieved it, "I'm sorry...I know you hate me. I'm here to ask for your forgiveness," she uttered sorrowfully, her delicate form evoking a protective instinct in onlookers, "Fu Lian, I know I wronged you. You can take all your grievances on me if you want."

Arched eyebrows framed Fu Lian's face as she circled the counter, standing face-to-face with Fu Qin. Abruptly, a swift kick from her leg connected with Fu Qin's abdomen, propelling her backward.

Paying no heed to the fallen girl, Fu Lian glanced at the astounded soldiers. "What? She said I could vent on her," she declared before returning to her cooking as though nothing happened, "Don't blame me when you drop dead from her poisoned food one day."

Wide-eyed soldiers cautiously observed the scene, opting to keep their distance from the girl now coughing up blood.  Fu Lian had a reputation for being ruthless. But she could be trusted, which couldn't be said about this new plant user, which appeared out of nowhere. What was Bing Shi thinking?! Did she want them dead?!

Meanwhile, Bing Shi ceased feeding Kuro chocolate popcorn and rose from her seat. Placing Kuro on the bed, she exited the tent.

["You continue eating. I'm going to check the situation."]

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Fu Qin's abdomen throbbed with pain, and a metallic tang filled her mouth as she spat out a mouthful of blood, 'I'm going to kill that slūt!' Opening her blurry eyes, a pair of black boots obscured her view.

'Girl, what did you think? I've been training Fu Lian for two whole years so she doesn't get killed.'

Bing Shi crouched in front of Fu Qin, her voice firm. "You carry my name around, yet you leave me to clean up after your mess?" Retrieving the apple from Fu Qin's grip, she wiped it clean and handed it to a fatigued soldier nearby. "You, eat this."

The soldier wasted no time and took a bite, savoring the apple's sweetness. A refreshing sensation spread through him, prompting him to finish the entire fruit. Rising from his seat in bewilderment, he muttered, "What just happened?" It was as though his strength had amplified.

"Despite Fu Qin's resentment towards Miss Fu Lian," Bing Shi shifted her gaze toward Fu Lian, "she doesn't hold the same sentiment towards us."

Exiting the kitchen, Bing Shi directed a couple of soldiers to transport the injured girl, her ribs broken, to the infirmary, "What do you think about Fu Qin's acting? Should I take notes from her?"

A soldier shook his head, "It was impressive until she confronted Miss Fu Lian. Then, it all fell apart."

As Ban tended to Fu Qin's injuries, Bing Shi inquired once more, "Should a girl who plotted her sister's death be granted forgiveness?" She sought others' perspectives, desiring a well-rounded view.

"No." A few soldiers who remained, answered, "How can such an innocent-looking girl be so vicious? Miss Bing Shi, you should be careful around someone like her."

"You believe Miss Fu Lian? What if what she said was a lie?" Bing Shi watched Fu Qin's teary expression, "We still don't know Fu Qin's side of the truth. You may leave us be."

Doubts lingered in the minds of the soldiers, reluctant to leave her alone. "Are you certain it's a good idea?" 

Bing Shi chuckled. "Aw, seems like everyone's concerned about me. Fortunately, I have Kuro to watch over me."

With that, the soldiers departed, leaving the two women alone to converse.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Bing Shi pulled up a chair and settled beside the bed, "Girl, it's only the first day, and everyone got to know your bad side. Didn't I warn you about not provoking Fu Lian?"

Fu Qin's frustration surged, and she began to wreck the things around her. "It's all that slūt's fault!"

Her hands clenched her own hair as she erupted in screams of resentment. "Everything wrong is because of her! None of this would have happened if she didn't exist!"

The torrent of her screams continued until her voice turned hoarse, "It's all because of her... She steals everything I desire... It's her fault... It's all her fault..."

"Bītch, it's all your fault," A deep, muscular voice cut through the room.

The unexpected presence was none other than Ziek, who strode into the infirmary. Seizing a chair, he positioned himself across from Bing Shi.  "Damn, I was wondering who it could be, and it turns out to be the new gardener," he remarked, his gaze unwavering, "A cook, a gardener… who's next?"

"A musician," Bing Shi chimed in with a giggle as she retreated the barrier around Fu Qin's head.

Just the sound of her laughter made Ziek's heart swell with emotion. "Your gardener seems to be missing a few screws," he remarked, his voice laced with exasperation.

Fu Qin's raging ceased as her gaze landed on the intruder. "Who has──" She emitted a venomous glare, only to lower her eyes quickly when she recognized the man in the cloak.

There was also another man present. Yi Zen? An overwhelming sense of awkwardness washed over Fu Qin. What was he doing here?! What was this? A secret meeting between the top leaders?!? 

"Is everyone afraid that I'll do something to Miss Bing Shi?" Fu Qin quivered, her tone revealing her discomfort.

Yi Zen's lips twitched, a sentiment more akin to Bing Shi being the one to do something to this little bunny. Paying no heed to Fu Qin's words, he addressed Bing Shi, a hint of bemusement in his voice, "This is supposed to be my future wife?"

Bing Shi confirmed with a nod, her reply lighthearted, "Perfect match for a duck boy like you."

9