3.05 – World story – Downfall of Humanity
730 12 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The HQ wasn't too concerned about Bing Shi's request. Even though she wanted a few items from a highly protected dimension and a size-changing system, the cost was negligible compared to the savings the HQ had made by not investing in upgrading her dimensional storage or letting her improve her skills in the dojo.

Moreover, they recognized that granting her request could promote her mental stability in the long run. Thus, they were willing to accommodate her and make the necessary changes. They even saw it as a wise investment on their part, as they believed Bing Shi was the one who had made a loss.

Kuro's ability to change into various animals was much better in their eyes, and they were curious why she would give up on that.

They didn't know that Bing Shi didn't give up anything.

'Make a connection with the HQ. ✓'

'Try to demand things from them, but nothing overbearing. Take a loss to lower their guard. ✓'

'It seems like HQ is not that smart, they could ask if I wanted to download the content from my phone and hard disk to save EP. Maybe they were lying, but I don't think so because...'

'They gave me a gigantic snake?! ✓'

'Ask if I can appear in worlds in my current body. X'

'Ask about Xuan Mu. X'

["Kuro change into a regular-sized snake, about 3 meters would do."]

Kuro complied with Bing Shi's request and shrank down to a regular-sized snake about 3 meters long. Her smile widened at the sight of Kuro's new form.

["Excellent, we can start the next mission."]

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

World name: Farming in the Apocalypse?!

Rank: A (15 000p)

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

Before an apocalypse could manifest, a radioactive meteorite passed the planet by a close margin without any announcement. A vast quantity of its dust-sized debris passed through the atmosphere, creating an ominous sight in the form of red rain. Animals feeling the danger tried to hide. Humans on the other side... Sigh...

They continued on living.

The red rain was collected and taken to laboratories for analysis, but no one could have predicted that five percent of the population who had inhaled the debris would become carriers of a deadly virus. The virus spread rapidly across the world with just a simple touch.

It was here and there. On door handles, in public places, at school... Everywhere.

It took only a year for the virus to transform its carriers into human-eating monsters. The first zombie appeared and attacked the nearest, most flavorful "steak" it could find: a human brain.

Like a chain, another zombie arose to live.

Or death?

Bing Shi had no idea.

Anyway.

The important part.

Those who managed to survive the initial onslaught of the zombie outbreak were left with a small glimmer of hope. They were still human but with a twist. Through an agonizing trial, there was a chance to acquire superpowers, a rare opportunity in a world overrun by the undead. However, failing the trial meant certain death.

["System, I don't know if I can handle the pain of the trial. I'm not exactly great with pain." 囧]

[How unfortunate, lol.]

 ["Kuro, you're hilarious."] Bing Shi laughed. ["I wonder what kind of superpowers I'll get. It all depends on innate talent, right? I hope I get ice powers."] 

[Thank you.]

If things weren't bad enough, zombie animals with functional brains began attacking their own kind, wreaking havoc on the already devastated ecosystem.

["Kuro, what about jellyfish? It has no brain."]

[I'm not sure. Host, you are too happy for someone who is going to be sent to an apocalypse world.]

["I'm saving my tears for later, who knows what my mission will be?"] Bing Shi smiled weakly. ["For example. Matching up a zombie with a human would make me cry."]

In the Melt my Heart world, Bing Shi had a few activities aside from chatting with Alisa, attending school, avoiding Victor, and playing games.

One of these important activities involved thinking about Xuan Mu and the different worlds she would visit. The apocalypse world was no exception, and she had brainstormed various scenarios for her missions, although she hadn't received any specific details from Kuro.

The female lead of the apocalypse world was Fu Lian, a young woman who had died in her previous life after being used as bait for zombies by her own family. By chance, she was saved by a group of passersby men. Being treated as a pleasure thing, she felt humiliation, hunger, and all the unpleasant emotions one could imagine.

During her superpower trial, she was again used as zombie bait, but by fate, she went back in time one year, and the trial continued within her body. Fu Lian acquired the power of dimension storage, which included a healing pond and a fertile field.

She acted alone until she crossed paths with a group of soldiers on her way to a supply base, among whom was a man she recognized from her past life.

And who might that be?

Correct! The male lead, Yi Zen.

Yi Zen was a handsome and highly-ranked general from a prestigious military family. He possessed a dual superpower of lightning and ice and was a man of few words who acted coldly towards every woman he met, except for the female lead whom he took an immediate interest in.

["Kuro, a facepalm time."]

Bing Shi and Kuro both facepalmed in unison. Kuro didn't quite understand why it had to facepalm, but it felt compelled to do so anyway.

Bing Shi couldn't help but think that her cupid skills might be needed again in this world. She appreciated the concept of love at first sight more than ever and hoped she wouldn't have to eat too much dog food this time around. (Dog food refers to romantic scenes or moments that make readers feel envious of the relationship.)

The male and female lead continued on the survival journey together, where Fu Lian acted as a cold queen and Yi Zen as a possessive man, with sticky note tendencies. Eventually, they fell in love.

Or so Bing Shi thought.

After finally sharing a kiss with Fu Lian, Yi Zen disappeared without a word, leaving her heartbroken and alone. Fu Lian, feeling betrayed and lost, lost faith in all of humanity.

Despite Fu Lian's inferior combat skills, she resolved to take revenge on Yi Zen and launched a sneak attack on him. Unfortunately, her plan failed and Yi Zen ended up killing her in the confrontation.

'I hope it was an accidental kill.'

Bing Shi let out an uncomfortable chuckle, her laughter sounding forced and stilted.

'Would a male lead kill a female lead accidentally? I doubt it.'

'Gods, what's wrong with this world?'

The death of the female lead marked the collapse of the world. The few humans who had survived the first wave of the Apocalypse went into extinction, leaving behind a barren and lifeless world.

The once bustling streets were now silent and deserted, overrun by the undead. The only sound that could be heard was the howling of the wind, a constant reminder of the desolation that surrounded them.

["It escalated rather quickly..."] Bing Shi wanted to cry, sweats of beads forming on her forehead, afraid of the upcoming messages.

'Please, don't let me go against the male lead.'

'Please, don't transfer me to Fu Lian's body. I don't think I'm ready for that kind of challenge.'

'So, please. Can we avoid these scenario?'

[World mission: Protect Fu Lian for four years.]

[Hidden Quest: Find out what went wrong with Yi Zen. +1000p]

[Hidden Quest: Don't let Yi Zen fall for you +1000p]

[Hidden Quest: Gain Yi Zan's trust. +1000p]

[Hidden Quest: Make Yi Zen feel loved +1000p]

[Bonus quest: Clear the world of human-turned-zombies. +5000p]

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

┬──┬ ︵(╯.□.)╯

'Xuan Mu, the table flipped me! 囧'

[Host who do you want to transmigrate to?]

["A woman in her early to late twenties, with a clean registry. Rented or owned house. Without family, real-life friends, and lovers. Anything else is up to you,"] said Bing Shi, who started to hyperventilate exaggeratedly.

[Yes, Host.]

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒10%

███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 30%

█████▒▒▒▒▒ 50%

███████▒▒▒ 70%

██████████100%

25