Destiny : Wake up!
1.2k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, this is the place, undoubtedly."

Said a brown haired boy with brown eyes, wearing a school uniform that consists of a gray blazer over a white shirt with a black tie, a pair of grey slacks, and black dress shoes. There is the logo of the school above the left chest pocket of the uniform.

He begins to slowly walk into the school grounds, finding it empty since it's been an hour since the horde of students went inside.


The classroom is loud and rowdy with the chatters of teenagers despite the school being a place for elite students, although one of them particularly stood out. A girl with short blonde hair styled into pigtails and blue eyes, wearing the school's female uniform which consists of a white sailor fuku with grey collar and red tie, a gray skirt and a pair of black shoes. She also wore a pair of shin high socks.

She is being swarmed by a group of boys, each of them all brought assortments of stuff. Some were letters with a red heart on the envelope, some brought bouquets of flowers and some brought boxes of chocolates.

She politely declined their offers, causing the boys to have dejected looks on their faces and went back down to their seats.

It was then when the homeroom teacher, a monocle clad man with cyan hair and black eyes, wearing a black suit walked into the classroom that caused the entire students went back to their seats and became calm.

"Alright you lots, we have a new classmate joining us starting today. If you may..."

It was that brown haired boy, not just having his schoolbag on his back, but he also brought an ornate violin case.

The students begin to whisper to one another, as the boy writes his name on the chalkboard slowly.

"My name... My name is Kurenai Shido. I hope that we would be well acquainted!"

The boy, Shido bowed down, a loud crack is heard on his back as he did that suddenly and he made a small grunt of pain.

Some of the boys chuckled at what happened, while some of the girls raised their hands to their mouths as they felt his pain from the sound of the spine crack.

He was seated next to the blonde haired girl from before, who gave him a pitiful look. However, Shido looked away nervously when he looked at her for not even a second. This caused her to tilt her head in confusion, as she never sees a boy looking away from her like this boy while the others are ogling over her.

The homeroom teacher begins his lecture, which is history, as Shido readied his notebook and stationaries on the desk, and quickly took notes. A boy next to him stared at him in awe at his writing speed before realizing that he himself is getting off track, and begins to write on his notebook.

"...And the main cause of France's defeat in the Second World War, someone please...!" The teacher begins to ask the students.

The girl is about to raise her arm, but Shido beat her to it when he instantly raised his as fast as lightning before his pen which he dropped even reached the desk.

"Yes, Kurenai?"

"The Germans went around the Maginot Line, and made a quick work out of France."

"Splendid!"

The girl begins to nod slowly at Shido. He continued to do the same throughout the next lessons, where he answered every single questions thrown by the teachers in an instant before the girl. Hours later, during 12 o'clock which is lunch time for the students, they all gathered in the luxurious cafeteria to have their meals.

The girl slowly used her knife to carve the small steak in front of her, when she heard a melody. The entire cafeteria looked to see that Shido has vanished from his seat, his empty plate already being placed at the dirty dish cart. They then turned to see him playing the violin melodiously, with a look of melancholy on Shido's face.

The play went on for a few minutes before finally stopping, and Shido is met with a loud applause before he ran off nervously. Quickly, the girl finished her meal and went on to find him. She later found him at one of the gardens outside the cafeteria still playing his violin somberly.

When he stopped, the girl begins to speak, "That was a nice piece."

Shido nervously turned his attention to the girl, and whispered something inaudibly.

"Pardon me?"

"I said, thank you kindly."

He looked away shyly, a blush on his face. The girl's heart skipped a beat, before she opened her mouth to speak again only to be interrupted by a figure jumping into the scene, kicking Shido in the shin sending him flying to a small fountain.

"Ow! That hurt you know..."

"New boy! You should know who are you speaking to, and it's improper to look away when in a conversation like that! Don't you know who this lady is!?"

"N-No..."

"You should know! This lady, is one of the 7 beauties of Aozora! The enigmatic idol, Tachibana Megumi!"

The girl, known as Megumi then tried to calm the boy down and tell him that Shido did nothing wrong, only for the boy to continue his rant which is more of a simping rant for Megumi.

"B... Before you speak more, the person you're fantasizing about is still here, embarrassed at your words."

His world turned black and white when he remembered that, and ran off.

"Are you alright?" Megumi asked Shido.

"It's nothing. R-Really..."

Shortly after the bell tolls, and the both of them alongside the other students raced back to their classrooms. Class went on for a few more hours, this time Megumi kept on staring at Shido, not minding that she is falling behind in her notes.

School ended at 3 PM. Everyone is about to walk home, when Shido decided to remain in class, looking down at his violin case. Megumi at first wanted to ask him to go home together, but upon seeing that look of melancholy she decided to leave.

Megumi was on her walk to her home, her thoughts are all about Shido. Despite being a new student, she felt that he is different than most of the other boys. He does not pester around her like they did, and is extremely timid. Something about this caused her to lick her lips, as she finds him cute.

She is lost in her thoughts, not noticing the pale figure behind her as they then covered her mouth with one of their clawed hands.

Back at the classroom, Shido notices one of the strings of the violin is plucked by itself, making an alarming sound.

Quickly, he took his violin case and schoolbag before racing out of the school grounds. He then looked around before running towards the direction which was taken by Megumi before.

Megumi is struggling against the pale figure, which is a man with red eyes and he had a pair of razor sharp fangs in his mouth, trying to sink his teeth into Megumi's bare neck. The man slapped her to make her stunned, and decided to take the opportunity to strike her neck, when all of a sudden he is met with a kick to the face which tore out some of his teeth off his mouth.

Megumi looked at her savior, the brown haired Shido stood tall over the man who is slouched down against the wall. The man stood up, and pulls out a switchblade from his jacket pocket, before using it in an attempt to plunge the blade into the boy's neck. However, Shido managed to dodge the swings like it was nothing, and delivered a flurry of punches to the man's chest, before ending his attacks with an uppercut to the jaw.

Shido then went into a charging stance, and dashed towards the man who is still dizzy from the uppercut, and delivered a powerful kick to the man's chest, slamming him to a brick wall behind him that cracked a little from Shido's power. The man's whole body then morphed into that of stained glass, before shattering into pieces. Shido looked at Megumi, and offered her a hand.

"A-Are you alright?"

"Yes... Barely."

"It's... It's kind of unsafe to go home alone, want me to..."

"Accompany me home? Yes."

They then walked together. It isn't far from where Megumi was assaulted, and they reached a rather large two-story house.

"I guess... I guess this is it then. I think I should go home now, Tachibana-San." He bowed, and is about to go when Megumi grabbed his wrist.

"Umm, before you go, why don't you come inside and have some tea with me? I mean, I kind of owe you back then."

"Ah, it's for just a moment, right? I guess I can. My home's nearby after all."

Megumi made a grin, and pulled Shido gently, as a tail that ends in a spade shaped point begins to snake out of her skirt.

"Yes, it is just for a moment..."

 

 

32