Chapter 52: Predator
2k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ya, here's today chapter. Enjoy it.

“Predator turn it is then.” He said excitedly as he moved on to check the evolved form of the first talent that saved his life.

[Ding……. You have killed 10 opponents one rank above yours and an opponent two ranks above yours. The talent Innate Hunter has evolved into Predator.] 

“The system sure loves to make life hard for me.” Leo chuckled bitterly as he saw the conditions he completed in order before evolving Innate Hunter. The fact that he needed to kill 10 enemies a rank above was still understandable. But what was up with the requirement that needed to kill him someone 2 ranks higher than his? If he wasn’t lucky or maybe unlucky enough to encounter someone like Blake there was no telling if he could ever manage to complete this task.

Did the system ever expect him to successfully evolve the talent? Or could it be that he was supposed to kill more opponents one rank stronger than him and by killing Blake, he ended things sooner.

“I should already be happy that the system considered that Blake filled the requirement.” He chuckled as he stopped second-guessing the system and started reading Predator’s description.

[Predator: You are the predator. You fear nobody as they are all nothing but prey in front of you. No matter how strong, no one can escape from your hunt. 

-Predator’s mark: You can put a mark on a target. A mark can last for a day and while a target is marked you can locate it any time you wish. While fighting against a marked target, all attributes are increased by 30%. With each additional marked target, your attributes will increase by an additional 30% and you can mark a total of five targets. If you are fighting against more than one target, the total enhancement received from the mark will vanish only when all targets have been killed. For the remaining abilities of predator to work, you need to have at least one marked target.

Marks available: 5/5                                                                                                                                                                                   

-Adaptation: As the perfect hunter, you can always assume the most optimal form to hunt down your prey. Three forms are currently available.

  • Pure hunter:  Fight without any tricks and simply enjoy a straightforward confrontation against your prey. All your physical attributes and skills are enhanced by 50%.

  • Stealthy hunter: All your hiding and tracking skills will have their efficiency raised by 100%, and their cost halved. Your first strike when entering battle will inflict 200% damage.

  • Swift hunter: All your speed parameters (movement speed, acceleration time, reaction speed, attack speed, etc….) and skills are enhanced by 100%. Your resistance to control ability is increased by 30%. Your attacks receive a sharp effect and can ignore 25% of your target defense.  

-Trophy: Each time you kill a target; you will be rewarded with trophies. The stronger the target, the greater the number of trophies you can receive. Trophies can be spent to:

  • Temporarily enhance any attributes of your choice. In this case, each trophy can enhance an attribute by 1%.

  • Permanently enhance any attributes of your choice. In this case, each trophy can enhance an attribute by 0.1%.

Trophies owned: 0/100]

“Well…” Leo muttered, overwhelmed by the more than big change Innate hunter went through. Compared to Predator, Innate Hunter was really a simple ability with nothing much to offer. 

Before, Innate Hunter could only somehow increase his fighting prowess and give him a slight edge over his target at the beginning of the fight. Now, Predator didn’t just content itself with increasing his fighting prowess, it also covered many other useful areas. 

For example, with Predator’s mark, if he encountered a target he couldn’t deal with immediately, he could just mark him and easily find him later. 

Then there was Adaptation that would make him even more versatile than he already was. 

Finally, and most importantly was Trophies that granted him yet another way to increase his attributes. With this, he would be able to make sure that he would get every or as much benefit he could out of every fight he was involved in. 

Though he had to admit that while Predator was undoubtedly a better talent than Innate hunter, the latter was more useful than the former when it comes to duels.

“Well, I guess I can’t have it all.” This is already more than enough to satisfy me. Leo chuckled as he once again went through the description of Predator.

“Tsk, something like this alone could already be considered a system on its own.” Leo chuckled and moved on to check his last prize.

[Amarach Overlord: You are the absolute ruler of the Amarach Forest. When fighting in the Amarach forest, all attributes are raised by 60% and all regeneration speeds are doubled.

You have control and can lead all the beasts living in the Amarach forest.

You passively emit a dominating aura that puts anyone unable to resist under fear status and randomly decrease one of their attributes by 10%.]

“I don’t know how to feel about this.” Leo muttered as he looked at the description of the title. While it was true that the buff brought by the title was stronger Leo wasn’t really satisfied with it. Unlike before where he could enjoy it inside any forest, he could only enjoy it inside the Amarach forest now. 

“There is no need to think too much about it. Besides, it seems that it is a title that works in places I supposedly conquered. So, if I want it to work somewhere I just need to conquer the said place.” He chuckled as he started having dreams of conquering the world and becoming invincible. Though, it would seem that before conquering the world, he would need to become invincible.

“With this, I am done. There is only one thing I need to check. But, before that…” 

“Luxia, you there? What’s up with the long silence?” Leo asked.

[There was no need for me to talk since you didn’t need me.] Luxia said as a matter of fact.

“Though some advice could have helped while I was fighting against Blake.” Leo complained.

[Remember, I am as ignorant as you are. If you weren’t behaving like a greedy dragon and sleeping on all your credits, we could have bought some knowledge and not be so ignorant.] Luxia scolded.

“Err, sorry, I didn’t think about it.” Leo said, understanding his mistakes.

[I can forgive you now as you got caught by the events and couldn’t think properly. Still, things can continue like this or it would end very badly for us. Even if things can’t always go according to our plan, we should at least have a guideline to make sure we don’t stray too far from our goals.] Luxia reminded him seriously.

 “I understand, I always planned to do something like that but I couldn’t due to everything that happened.”

[I know, anyway, it’s not too late. First, you should start by thinking of what you want to accomplish in this world.]

“Before anything, I want to stay alive.” Leo said with a chuckle. “Also, like any respected reincarnator, I want to become the strongest and see the scenery at the very peak, enjoy this life fully with beauty in my arms. Along the way, I want to look for my sister if she was reincarnated like me. I also want to go back to Earth for my mother. That's all I want at this moment.”

[Tsk, only long-term goals uh. We can do with this for now. Anyway, do you have any idea of the path you can walk to accomplish those goals?] Luxia asked.

“You should have already thought of something, right?” Leo replied.

[….]

“Alright, I understand.” Leo shook his head as he knew Luxia would say nothing before he expressed his opinions.

“From how I saw things, I have three options. First, I can choose the loner route, focus on growing my personal strength without caring for anything else, and not getting tied down by anything. Second, I can join an organization or a force in this world and grow even quicker by combining their resources and the system's help. Third, I can create my own organization or force and develop it along with myself.” Leo said after pondering for a few seconds.

Though he still didn’t know much about this world; he was sure that it was one of those three paths that he was most likely to take. As he was dumped in the wild after his reincarnation, he should be able to set his starting line however he wanted.

Still, before doing so, he should carefully think about the advantages and disadvantages of each path.

39