Chapter – 11 – Founding Day Celebration(1)
748 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As morning dawned in on the huge mansion.

Inside the room of the only princess of the household, a girl with brilliant platinum blonde hair stood looking out the window.

A maid, who was with the girl from a young age, spoke,

“You are up early, Lady Fiona.”

“I felt like something interesting might happen today.”, the girl said while turning towards the maid.

The bright light of the sun seemed dull when compared to the shine of the Azure blue eyes this girl possesses.

“Interesting? You mean something interesting might happen at the party today?”, the maid asked while tilting her head in confusion.

“Yeah...something which will be on the headline for a long time.”

There have been interesting movements in the capital for the past few weeks.

“Sigh...as usual, I can’t seem to understand what you say. Will you be wearing this, Lady Fiona?”, the maid said while handing a posh-looking box.

Fiona lifted the small necklace and let out a small size.

“I wonder at what step this boy is in.”

“Just who is this boy? I have been wondering for the past 5 years. Atleast, tell me his name.”, the maid asked.

“I don’t know…”, Fiona said.

“Eh?”

“I don’t know his name, his family name...nothing. All I know is that he has blue-colored hair and black eyes.”

“Hmmm...still, I wonder what this raven bird meant to him.”, the maid asked.

“Something important. Something that is dear to him.”, Fiona said.

“....”

“....”

Looking at the way Fiona looked at the necklace, the maid let out a small sigh while smiling.

“All right, Lady Fiona. We have a busy day ahead of us!! Come on, we have to get ready!!”

*********

The Founding Day Celebration.

It’s one of the most expensive celebrations held all over the Empire. It is widely celebrated from the youngest kid to the oldest grandpa.

I do too.

Well, despite the lack of respect I have for the current Emperor, I do take aspiration from ancestors. 

It is not a simple task to unite a great part of the continent under one name. And it was also these ancestors who sought peace with the Demon race.

Despite the major opposition from both sides, they did manage to cease one of the biggest conflicts in human history.

And so, on the greatest day of the Empire, I decided to receive my title.

And surprisingly, the Emperor also accepted without much resistance.

But, in all honesty, it has been 6 years since I last attended the Founday Day celebration.

And conveniently, this time...it all occurs right here in the palace.

But apart from the Duchy, I also have the opportunity to witness the start of the fall of the Longe Family.

The best part of the whole plan is that, apart from me, G-team, Sebastian, and the Emperor, no one knows about it.

And want to know why the Emperor accepted without any refute?

I used my wish lol.

I feel like this wish has become too convenient. Though, I can’t use it for another year.

A shame…

Anyways, today is the day where almost all the nobles of the Empire will gather at a single place.

I can bet you that the amount of money that is spent for this day is enormous.

And...one of the main attention of the event is me.

“Sebastian, the rumour has been working pretty well, hasn’t it?”

“Frighteningly so, My Lord. Majority of the nobles are looking forward to meet you at this event. And there quite a number of girls looking forward to meet you, too”, he said while smirking.

“Haha~ Interesting.”

I had the G-Team spread a few rumours around the capital for me.

The First Prince will be attending the Founding Ceremony. The Prince who was silent for the past half decade!!

And it has been spreading like  fire all around the Empire.

And the fact that I am not engaged yet is also something everyone knows.

Despite the distance between the Cogni and the garden, I am able to hear all the commotion that is going on outside.

Security being the highest ever, you can see group of knights stationed all over the palace.

And the nobles are all arriving to the palace one by one.

And so is the media.

Would you believe me, if I said that there are several press members waiting outside my house? 

All for catching a glimps of my face.

The news channel is also buzzing with headlines.

[The Prorins have arrived at the palace!!]

[The Imperial Members have all arrived at the garden!!]

[Almost all the Dukes and thier family have reached the garden!]

[The whole Empire is looking forward to meet the First Prince of the Empire, Arthur Zemira!!]

Man, this sure is a busy day.

“Arthur!! Shall we leave~?”, said Ethel while peeking into the room.

Ethel decided to head to the party with me. 

“Sure.”, I said while turning the TV off.

“I will tell the knights to open a pathway for you two, My lord”, Sebastian said while taking his receiver out.

*BADUMP* *BADUMP*

I was able to hear my own heartbeat despite the commotion outside.

I am excited...the day when I can finally move my pieces…

The day I and my mother’s plan finally begin.

I...I apologize. I've split the chapter...I realized that I'm a sucker for views, favorites, and comments. It's like the energy to have type a chapter. I have split the chapter in a way that does not disrupt the flow. So enjoy the next chapter too.

33