The New Main Story (Arc 1, Chapter 6)
144 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lapis sat in his capsule, waiting for the server to open back up. Currently he waited in a chatroom talking to his stream. It was just another minute or so until he could finally get back into Reality Dive.

"Right everyone, the plan is that me, Amber, and Seeker are going to try and look for more NPCs just like Ultima. Ones who seem way smarter than they should be, or more human. This is being done with The NPC Rights groups too" he says, explaining what he'll be doing "Where there's smoke, they'll be fire. We are going to find suspicious stuff and hope that it leads us to someone like Ultima. Ultima was a hidden NPC, so, there has to be others like him that are also hidden. We will find them" he promises.

The game finally opens back up, and he wastes no time getting back into it, launching the game and closing his eyes.


Announcement
The Server is now open! Apologies for the inconvenience!

Death Seeker quickly logged in, finding himself back at spawn. Where he first came into the game, he still had his gear though. He sits down and waits, putting down his stunning rifle and sighing.

He looked around at the other players, most of them were still in gear, some were entirely new. He looked up to the sky as well and the stars. "I hope that the war guild is suffering now" he mutters "I could check in on some streams of theirs, but not right now. They hijacked ships and killed NPCs. They have to be suffering some consequences" he says to himself.

He perks up when soldiers begin to approach, quickly standing at attention and moving forward. He scans the group of soldiers, finding one among them he recognizes "Gareth sir! I apologize for desertion of my position, I was unaware that would happen" he says, standing infront of the group of players.

A man in dark clothing, with a scar on his face and dark bags under his eyes stares at Seeker for a while. "It's alright, just glad you're back" he looks behind him "Some of them are new aren't they?" he says, also noticing the clothing the new people had on. It was very basic and super clean clothing.

"Yes sir! It appears that more of us Lightforms have appeared, I am relatively unsure why however. I would like to ask they be given good treatment" Seeker says, holding the butt of his rifle tightly.

"Of course, they'll be given help and tasks. Are the other two here as well? I'm putting you all to work right away" Gareth asks.

"Sir, I know that Lapis is already back, I just have that feeling. As for Amber, I do not know specifically" Seeker answers.

"I'm right here" a woman huffs, walking forward "I just, came back" she says, standing beside Seeker as she also looks at Gareth "May I ask what the assignment is? Or are we waiting until Lapis is with us sir?" she asks.

"I'll wait to tell you three when you're all together" Gareth looks back at the soldiers "Get transport ready and help all the Lightforms to get settled in! You two, with me" he says, walking as Amber and Death follow him. The other players wait, the veterans forming a protective circle around the newbies and sitting with them to explain things quietly.


It only takes two hours for Lapis to be found, and for the other Lightforms to be given tasks and rooms in Ark HQ.

The three Amissa Lumina sit at a meeting table, looking to each other while Gareth instructed them to wait for him to come back. There wasn't a quest yet, but they knew there would be for sure with everything going on.

"Did you guys try saying it?" Lapis asks the two.

"I tried asking him how you know who was doing. Just got static, writing down even the true name of him didn't work" Seeker says.

"I asked some other players who can get in records to personally check. They were a secret project, but there isn't even any mention of him in reports about our mission, just blank spots where he would be" Amber says.

"Well, we aren't giving up because of that. There can still be others" Lapis says, looking at them "Right?" he asks.

"Yeah, you're right" Seeker says, leaning back in his chair and sighing. Amber doesn't say anything as she thinks herself.

"It's great to see you three again, it really is" Gareth says as he finally enters, Arron sitting next to him. The scientist looked extremely tired, and leaned against the table while his eyes barely stayed open.

Gareth doesn't comment on that though, just patting his back as he begins talking "Now, your assignment will be handled exclusively by you three. It concerns a possible threat to the safety of The Ark. That being a new cult that's appeared in recent days" he takes out a file and passes it over to the three "They've become extremely active and public in the last month. Despite their good deeds, their practices most assuredly put them as a cult. Your goal is to infiltrate them and find out just what is going on behind their closed doors. The higher up want results, the sooner the better you three" Gareth says.

They all look it over together, Lapis being the first to speak up "It says here that we don't know what they actually worship, how do we know they're actually a cult and not just a radical group then or something like that?" he asks.

"See, we don't know because they never say. They preform rituals though, attending a service nearly every week, and we do know that they seem to have a hierarchy based on blood purity or something like that. Everyone in it uses a code-name though. Even out in public" Gareth answers.

"Do we at least know their leader? Like, who ground zero is for this thing?" Amber asks, closing the file with the others. 

"Well, the figured head is simply known as Trojan, and generally he just seems to be a puppet for the true leader. The person they worship. You can see a picture of him, and they all look like that. Dressed in heavy cloaks of various colors and wearing face blocking masks. Blank, expressions, or even play masks to hide their features" Gareth explains, sighing "That file is all we have so far, I hope you three can provide some better intel by getting into the cult yourselves" he says.

"You can count on us sir!" Seeker says, standing and saluting. The other two stand up and do the same, saying sir themselves.

Gareth nods "Good, Arron?" he looks to the scientist. 

The tired scientist blinks and nods, taking out a three small guns "These are state of the art, internally silenced pistols. They aren't the best at long range, but even point-blank they don't make nearly any sound. The rounds are made to pierce armor, and you'll be provided with a magazine each of ammo. Furthermore" he pauses, rubbing his eyes "Furthermore you'll each receive a combat knife for self defense, and a budget to provide for yourselves on this mission" he says.

"Have, you been sleeping alright?" Lapis asks the scientist.

"Me? No, no, I, that's not important for you" Arron answers, dodging the question as he slowly gets up and begins walking out. 

"Head to the armory to get your knives and your budgets" Gareth says, standing up and walking after the extremely tired doctor.

Once they both leave, the players all look to each other before leaving as well. They didn't even need to ask, they all received the same mission.

Announcement

The Unknown Cult: Main Story 1
Mission: Infiltrate the unknown cult that has made itself known around The Ark and figure out what their goals are.
Rewards: Access to further missions for the cult and for The Ark.
Failure: Earning a hostile relationship of any kind with the cult.
Notes: A hidden NPC is among the cult, find him to receive special missions.

 

Did you enjoy this chapter?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Improvement needed (please put why down below)
  • Why a timeskip? (see the comments, but it's a valid point)
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Jul 11, 2021 06:08 PM.
3