Chapter 20 : My Grandfather Is a What?
1.9k 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait… I am a what?" I asked him again with an unsure expression.

"You should already know as the star from your shoulder is the proof. You, Urien Gregorios, is undeniably a Joestar," he spreads his arms to the sides as if announcing to the world. Dude, do you really need to be that over the top about it.

"But it shouldn't be possible," I added.

"Yes, it shouldn't be possible. After all, that man, Josh Joestar was supposed to die in the void."

Wait… what? Did he just drop the fucking bomb again? After hearing what he said, Jonathan from the turtle.

"What?! That was the uncle my father told me about," Jonathan exclaimed loudly.

"Your uncle?" I asked the man.

"Yes, my uncle. My father told me that he disappeared at the age of nineteen." Jonathan stares at Funny.

"You see, the man was a serious danger to the development of America. The discord he sowed before dying will obstruct the development of the country. That is why I disposed of him," Funny Valentine stated it like it is something we should know.

"What does he being sent into the void related to me being a Joestar?" I ask him.

"You see, when I sent him into the void, for some reason, there is a barrier at the edge of the dimension even my D4C couldn't breach. It took a lot of energy out of me just to send him there. So, for the other versions of Josh(s), I simply killed them and made it looked like an accident. And by hearing what Jonathan Joestar said, his uncle might be the one I've sent inside the void," he answered but it is something unrelated to my question.

[Host, there is something I would like to talk about.]

System, who is quiet these days had started talking somehow.

{What is it that you wanted to talk about, System?}

[After talking with both the higher-ups and the police force, we had found out about the person Funny Valentine talked about.]

{What does that have to do with me?}

[What do you know about your grandfather, Shade Gregorios, host?]

{That he is a great man that fought in the war against demons.}

[And?]

{That he had amnesia before randomly appeared inside the Gregorios mansion and married into the family. Wait… don't tell me…}

[That is correct, host. After investigating the situation after hearing from Funny Valentine, we had reached the conclusion that the man Josh Joestar had survived inside the void which he only has 0.00000025% of surviving.]

{Wait, didn't you tell me that there aren't any relatives in this world?}

[That is the mistake on our part, host. It seems Josh Joestar took part in some ritual to seal his bloodline. The sealing is not successful but it pushed back Joestar bloodline to several tens of generations back. So, there isn't much Joestar blood inside you when you arrived in this world.]

{Then let me guess, the arrow is the one that reawakens the bloodline?} 

[That is correct, host.]

{The arrow should not have that ability. I guess Araki forgot to add that too.}

[Host, please do not blame that vampire whenever something new happened in this world.]

{Then what did you do about the awakening of Stands when I stabbed myself with the arrow?}

[One of the higher-ups went back to the time you stabbed yourself and made sure none of the Joestars awaken the Stands.]

I just stared at the screen in front of me. This talking happened in a duration of five seconds. How did that happen? Let's not sweat about details. Was it a good idea to prevent the Stands from awakening at that time? I don't know. But I am sure it will be the best. Just try to imagine young Joseph with the Stand. I won't be able to stand his antics and will immediately fail the mission.

"Sir Jonathan, I think I know what had happened to your uncle," I said, gaining the attention of both Funny and Jonathan.

"It seems… I am your nephew, Sir Jonathan," I added.

"What?"

"Josh Joestar didn't die in the void but lost his memories before encountering Funny Valentine. How did I know that the man is Josh Joestar if he had lost his memories? It is because of the star-shaped birthmark on his shoulder," I added more because Jonathan looks confused.

"Fascinating… he survived that? But from the look of your age, he must have appeared in the future. Let's see, during the era of Gorge Joestar II? It might possible. So, there was a single Josh Joestar I forgot to eliminate and you are the result of that," Funny nodded sagely while putting his hand on the chin.

He didn't know that he blasted the dude into my world but he doesn't need to know about that.

"Now that I have satisfied my curiosity, I will tell you something as payment. The one you from the shadow, if you want to defeat him, search for something that related to him. That is all." Then the dude disappeared into the American flag.

I look at Jonathan standing beside me, "So… uncle?" Jonathan smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder and pat it.

We are forgetting the sun going fast in the sky. I told Jonathan to get inside the turtle again and rushed toward the direction of the Atlantic Ocean. All the buildings in the surrounding are upside down. And I can see some of the roads are going up.

When I arrived at the ocean, I immediately call out my Stand.

"Never!" I shortened the name of my Stand. I got this idea after Josuke exclaimed my Stand's name as "Never". Not gonna lie, I should thank Josuke for this. No way in hell I am shouting "Never Gonna Give You Up!" in front of the enemies.

"Josuke! Quickly come out of the turtle, now!" I shouted.

I saw a dolphin swimming toward this place. And behind it is Pucci rushing to kill Jolyne. At the moment when she cut the rope just to fight back at Pucci, I appeared beside her by switching place with my Stand and punch Pucci in the face as he didn't expect me to appear beside her.

Jolyne looks surprised seeing me but I have job to do. I switch place with my Stand again after grabbing both Jolyne and Emporio.

"Josuke!" I shouted to let him heal Jolyne. It was too bad that we were late. It might also be my fault for taking too long talking with Funny Valentine.

"Who are you?" Emporio asked me.

"Me? I don't even know myself after getting all of that information about my grandfather. But… well, you can just call me Urien. A friend of Jotaro Kujo," I replied.

"But… but Mr. Jotaro is…" Emporio stuttered.

"I know… I know." Believe it or not, knowing the fact that your friend died even though he is from a different timeline is not a good experience even if you already knew that he is going to die there.

"GREGORIOS!!!" I heard a shout from the ocean and look who it is! It is the pope of the 'god wannabe DIO' religion himself!

"Pucci," I calmly said.

"You are not supposed to be here! I made sure you are nowhere to be found before starting this plan!" he shouted angrily at me.

Note to self. I always appeared whenever I wanted in this world and leave whenever I want without stopping the time here.

Where is adult Giorno when we need him? Penelope and Jotaro came out of the turtle. It seems they already knew what to do. Well, I'll just be a good gentleman and leave the floor to those two.

"Eh? Mr. Jotaro? How?! And he looks so young," Emporio, our residence kid with a baseball outfit exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, I will explain about it when Jolyne wakes up," I replied without leaving my eyes from the battle.

The battle starts with Pucci disappeared from our sight. Jotaro uses Star Platinum: The World to stop time and shouted the direction to Penelope. How did I know he stopped time? Well, you get used to it.

Penelope uses her <Wound> ability to entrap Pucci inside her suicide room. Although Made in Heaven's ability can make the time of none livings faster, the suicide room is made with grasses appeared from the ground. So basically, the grass is still a living thing. Thus he can't use Made in Heaven to accelerate the time.

The clown inside the suicide room did his work. After a while, the sound inside the room grew quiet. Jotaro and Penelope look at each other and nodded. Penelope released her <Wound> and Jotaro used his Star Platinum: The World again. When the time resumes, I see Pucci with broken bone all over his body. When I look at the sun, it stopped moving fast and it seems the effect of Made in Heaven has finally ended.

"Ugh… What happened?" I heard the sound of Jolyne groaning.

"Well, you guys got your ass handed to you by Pucci," I replied.

"Uncle Urien?" she immediately snaps her head toward my direction.

"Yes?" I am sure if I were Japanese, I will be replying with "Hai?"

"Uncle! My old man… my old man is…" she lunges and dived herself into my chest.

I don't know what to do. It seems like I was some kind of emotional support for her in this timeline. You don't need prior knowledge to know that. Just look at how naturally she dived into my chest.

"Well, well, well… what do we have here?" All of us heard a voice from the building near us. When I look at the place, why the hell did I forget about this.

"Pucci," I calmly said… again.

My bullshiting skill had achieved a new level. What the hell am I even writing? There aren't any Jojokes in here. Fuck.

48