Chapter 37 : The Maid Sisters
1.9k 8 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a silent morning for the Oak family. Like usual, Tango Oak is sleeping inside the bed with his beautiful wife… or not. Beside him is a girl in her late teens laying down with many bruises on her body. There are some bruises on her face indicating that she was hit on her face multiple times. Her cheeks are swelling and there are some bruises under her eyes.

The girl slowly wakes up from her sleep and check her throat. On there, the hand marks are visible meaning she was strangled. She quickly checks her lower part and heaves a sigh of relief when she saw nothing happened as her underwear is still on her body. This also means that she was not ra*ed last night. Looking around the floor, she saw her clothes were ripped and are now unsuitable to wear.

All parts of her body are hurting, and she could not even see properly because she got a punch in her eye last night. She quietly moves beside and stands up without waking up her Master.

"My Master," she thought while looking at the fat blob sleeping on the ground beside her. She hates the man with every fiber of her being. She does not want to work under this man if she could. But the reality is cruel. She touches the branding on her left shoulder. Too bad, she is a slave.

She had worked in this mansion for ten years, starting since she was nine years old. And all the little bits of money she got from here and there were enough to buy back her beloved little sister who is eight years younger than her. She freed her beloved sister from slavery with five silver coins last year. Of course, she was asked where she got all the money. She was tortured all night, but they found it was a waste of time and made her continue work tomorrow with all the injuries she got from the torture.

She quietly grabbed all her clothes, usable or not, they can still be sewed back to wear as a nightgown or cut and make it a handkerchief for her little sister. She thought about sewing a flower pattern on the piece of clothes and giving it to her sister as a gift.

She looked one last look to her Master. It was full of hatred and some bloodlust mixed in it. She was tricked by the older maids to deliver a cup of water into her master's bedroom. She thought it was strange as the master of this house rarely drinks water.

When she got inside the room, she was met with the fat blob raging about being the neighboring territories ignoring his summon and even the messengers were fooling around outside of their mission. And just like that, he forced himself on her and used her as an outlet for his anger. She screamed, begged, and struggled but it was of no use. The man is clearly stronger than her. He punched, kicked, slapped, and choked her. The last thing she remembered before she lost her consciousness was the man choking her with his eyes getting redder.

She hated this. She hated how she and her sister were sold as slaves by their parents. Her sister was still one year old at that time. And most of all, she hates her life. She thought about suicide multiple times but thinking about her sister always made her hesitant.

She comes out of the bedroom without making a sound. She covered her nether region with the already torn clothes even though she still has underwear on her body. There are not many people awake because it is still early, and the sun has not even been raised yet.

Tears are threatening to come out of her eyes. Why would something like this happen to her? She wants to di–

*Slap*

"Get it together, Deirdre! You don't want to show your sister your crying face, don't you?" she slaps her cheeks with both of her hands, reminding herself not to cry in front of her sister. "She will be left alone in this cruel mansion if you give up now. Stop thinking about dying!"

But for now, she will cry silently. She will need to walk about 15 minutes for her to reach her shared room with her sister. Because her sister was freed, she is treated as a normal servant and got herself a small room. Because of her sister's constant nagging, she agreed to stay together in her sister's room.

Just as she kept walking through the corridor, she heard moans and multiple grunts coming from the room. She just glanced at the room and instantly knew who are inside the room. It was just the Mistress of the house doing her thing. All the people inside the mansion knew what their Mistress does with multiple guards when their Master sleeps in another room. And looks like they are still going on until now.

She just walks past the room as it is not her business to mind the situation inside the room. In her mind, she just wants to see her sister quickly. But to get to their shared room, she needs to walk past the big hall where the parties are held. As she walks through the empty hall, she stops at a certain place which left a big impact on her. It was during Raz Oak's coming of age ceremony.

In her mind, she thought all the nobles treat their servants like objects. And it was a person on that day who proved her wrong. He mocked and beat up someone who is of higher hierarchy than him because of a single maid. Where other nobles would gladly trade their maid for the favor from the higher rank noble, he stands in front of his maid and protects her. She is not ashamed to admit that she… envies that maid.

She kept on walking toward the room where she shared with her little sister. She quietly walks inside the room and looks at her sister's sleeping face. Without a doubt, the sleeping face of her sister put a smile on her face. She grabbed the towel and went to take a bath. After all, she was beaten up without mercy by her master and her body is now covered in dirt.

When she arrived at the place where slaves take a bath, she pulled up the water from the well. The winter is coming, and it is starting to get colder. And the sun is not even risen by the time she starts taking a bath. She was shivering after taking a bath. But there is no chimney inside the servants' quarter. So, she tried to make herself warm with the clothes she has.

She wore her maid clothes which warms her a little. The problem was the bruises on the face. She pondered how to hide it from her sister. Just as she was thinking, her sister jumps up from the bed and looks around the surrounding with wary.

"Nerezza? Is something wrong, honey?" she asked her beloved sister. Yes, her sister is acting strange right now, but she does not mind it.

"Sister?" Nerezza looks at her with disbelief in her eyes. She is trembling all over her body and tears are falling down from her eyes like a broken dam.

"Sister!" the little girl with the age of eleven quickly jumps down from her bed and hugged her with all the strength the little body of her sister could exsert.

"Sister… *hick* sister… You are here, right in front of me," the little girl muttered softly while crying and still hugging the maid.

"Well, I guess she had a dream about her sister leaving her. More the reason for me to try hard," Deirdre silently thought to herself.

At that time, her sister is also thinking of another thing. "How come sister is alive in front of me?" the girl thought while looking at her hands. "My hands are smaller."

"It can't be… I got back to the time when my sister is alive? If so, how? The last thing I remembered was fighting together with Bright and the rest of the team," she kept thinking while hugging her sister.

And then, the realization hit her. "I died," the feeling of dread swells inside her heart. "I… died when the general shot me with something," she suddenly got a headache when she thought about it.

"Are you okay, Nerezza? You are acting strange," her sister pulls her off and looks at her face. Deirdre also forgot to hide the bruises from her face.

"I remember now! Today was the day when the sister came back with bruises all over her body," the little girl remembers today quite well. It was also the day when her sister saved her from the hand of Raz Oak's cruel magic experiment.

She would never forgive that piece of shit. After that magic experiment, her sister has burnt marks all over her body.

"I need to find Bright. Or…" then she got a new idea. "There's also Urien. I guess he will be moving all around the country so, it might be hard to come in contact with him," but she quickly dismissed that idea.

"It is nothing, sister. I promise, from now on, I will protect you!" she looks at her sister and said with a resolute expression.

*BOOM*

It was the sunrise, and the sun has only starting to rise now. But nonetheless, the mansion shook because of the sound of the explosion. The two sisters look at each other and walk toward the direction of the mansion. If something were to happen, the mansion is the safest place because the lord and his family also stay there.

When they got there, they were met with the sight of all the knights and guards being killed. The elder one immediately vomits at the sight but the younger one did not as she was used to it. They are not the only ones there. There are also many other servants.

At that time, from the entrance, the blue-haired beauty comes in while leading the troops behind her. But the elder one was surprised to see someone she recognized there. And that someone seems to recognize her.

"Miss Luna?" Deirdre muttered.

"It is nice to meet you again, Miss Deirdre," the maid in front of her nodded at her and noticed the bruises on her face.

"Please wait for us a little longer, Miss Deirdre. I will come and meet you later," the silver-haired maid in front of her pats her shoulder and walks away.

Just when her sister is talking with the silver-haired maid, Nerezza is scared shitless because of another person walking behind the blue-haired lady.

"What is that old man doing here?! Isn't he supposed to be in the demon territory?!" she screamed internally while staring at the kind-looking butler.

I was serious when I said I am adding various types of girls in Urien's harem.

57