Chapter 38 : The Battle to Protect the Territory (4)
1.8k 4 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometime before Macha and the gang raiding the Oak territory,

The blue-haired beauty was pointing in the direction of the mansion of the lord of this land she is going to invade with determination expression. The sun has not risen yet and the mist is denser than usual days.

"Lady Macha, the preparations are complete. We can move out immediately if you order it," the knight kneeled on one knee beside her. His face is full of admiration for his general. "As expected of Lord Urien. Only he can find someone as capable as General Macha from out of nowhere," he thought.

What he thought is also correct. Someone like Macha, a tactician who is well versed in many fields will never be unknown around the territories. Although he and all the other knights were skeptical about a nameless person like her commanding them, they had agreed because she was introduced by Lord Urien together with the approval of Sir Gurguit who had trained them. And now, most of the knights and the mages from the Gregorios territory cannot help but admire her. And their respect for Lord Urien who could find such a person.

"I see," she acknowledged what the knight said while sweeping the cloak around her as she turned, leaving it to billow in the air. "Tell the others to proceed with the plan. And call the trio with the masks. I have jobs for them," Macha asked for the Night Raid trio who came with her.

"At once, Lady Macha," the knight immediately stands up and hurried back to the barracks to do what he was ordered to do.

As for Macha, she walks toward the stable. There, she found her horse, Windtalker. The horse has been together with her since she had been summoned into this world.

She heard the voice talked to her while she was brushing her horse. "Did you call us?" It was Lubbock who asked her.

"Yes. I want the three of you to go first and assassinate all the knights you see on the way. I think Lubbock's Imperial Arms will be a good weapon to deal with that. Bulat and Sheele will provide support from the side," Macha ordered the trio before she stopped brushing the horse. Windtalker neighed in discontent voice but Macha stopped brushing.

"We understand. We just need to kill all the way to the Lord's mansion, correct?" Bulat asked, waiting for confirmation from the blue-haired girl.

"That is correct. But no killing the civilians. Lord Urien won't like it if he learned that there are civilian casualties," she warned them.

"What about their families?"

"You know what? Just kill them all. Just leave the infants and the children who are too young to know the surroundings alive. We can take them back to the orphanage in our territory," Macha replied after thinking a while.

"Are you sure? If you do that –," Sheele tried to reason with Macha but she was cut off by the General.

"I know the consequences. And I am not afraid to bear all of them. If my lord were to ask who made the three of you do this, you can tell him it was me who gave out this mission. I might get a little sad, but I don't mind being hate and scorn by him if I can save him from future troubles," Macha told them with stern action. The winds are blowing around them, making the hairs and the cape of her dancing around the wind, making her look very beautiful.

"We understand. We will get it done right away," Bulat, the current leader of the trio answered with a salute, followed by the other two. After giving Macha a salute, they moved out to do their new mission.

Normally, they will not do something like this. But their gratefulness for Urien made them do it. The two males have no problem with this as they were used to it when they were servicing in the Imperial Military. As for the last one, she will do it as she wants to be useful to her benefactor, and the only thing, she is useful at is killing.

Macha heaves a sigh of relief after the trio left. She also leaves the stable with her horse and rode it toward the frontline. Behind her, the armies are starting to follow. Not long after reaching the border, all the knights and mages are already standing behind her.

She turns her horse to the back and shouted, "Everyone! To reach this far, we had made many sacrifices! They had sacrificed for the sake of our Lord Urien and their sacrifices will not be in vain! In front of our eyes is our destination, the place where the people who made fun of our Lord stay! "Hey, guys! We failed to take back our Lord's glory." Would you say that to our slain comrades? Of course not! When we meet them again, we will puff out our chest proudly and tell them about our adventures to the Oak territory, the adventures beyond the Empire, and about how we had taken back our Lord's glory! That is why, my soldiers, stand proud and charge! Don't be afraid to push forward!"

With her speech, everyone got emotional and cheered. Macha rode the horse and start rushing toward their destination with the others following her lead. The army was divided into three divisions when they reached near the teleportation circle and the first division followed behind Macha by using the teleportation circle to arrive near the mansion. The other two divisions separate with the first division and the second division charged clockwise and the third division charged counterclockwise. It is to make sure no more nobles inside the territory can make their moves.

Again, with Macha, there are not many troops hindering their charge because of the Night Raid trio. They had already cleared all the way toward the Oak mansion. But they had not done anything to the people inside the Oak mansion as they are waiting for Macha's order.

"Someone, please blow up the gate," that is the only thing Macha said when she arrived at the front gate.

The one who got an honor to do that was an odd knight with some magenta color lining on it. "Aye, aye, general," he said while preparing the explosives. "Good thing I have some good old' dynamites. I can't use my power in this world unless it is absolutely necessary," the knight thought.

"Three, two, one," he starts the count down. And when the count down reaches zero, the bomb exploded. The knight did not forget to take out the strange device and do something to it. Others around him heard a click from there.

When the bomb exploded, the knights inside the mansion arrived to check the explosion. Macha simply slew all the knights who came into her way. Luna and Keith are following her closely.

After watching Luna talking with a maid, "Is that your acquaintance, Luna?" Macha asked while ignoring the corpse around them.

"Yes, you can say it like that. Master likes the desserts she makes. So, I simply learned how to make some from her. And she taught me how to do it without withholding anything," Luna replied.

"Is that so?" After thinking for a while, "We are taking her back with us. Master would like to eat her desserts again," Macha reached the conclusion.

"I understand," Luna nodded.

"I wonder why the little girl would look at me with terrors in her eyes," Keith mused.

"Because you are standing with a bunch of knights and walking on the corpses?" Luna replied.

"Hmm…" Keith just smiles and does not reply.

The knights had already dragged all three members of the Oak family in front of them.

"What do you think you are doing?! Do you know who I am?" the fat blob in front of them shouted.

"Yes, we do. You are Tango Oak and the useless piece of shit that tried to assassinate our lord," Macha replied the man in front of her. And even she was surprised by her crude language.

"Who is your lord? I don't know anything," the man tried to deny.

"You would remember me, right?" Luna asked the man.

"You… you are the one that comes together with that stupid kid!" the man shouted after seeing Luna and dug his own grave in front of them.

"Hehe, you do know that he is of a lower hierarchy than us, right? If you withdraw silently as nothing happens, we will forget about it," the woman inside the room demanded.

Macha, Luna, and Keith just raised their brow at that statement.

"Mother, I want that maid. Let them leave that maid here," the boy, Raz Oak said from the side.

"Yes, leave that maid behind," the woman added another demand. The knights in the surrounding could not hold out their laugh and laugh out aloud.

"Is there anything funny in what we said?" the man asked.

"It seems you don't understand your situation quite well. Let me remind you that. We had conquered all your territory. All the nobles inside your territory are already eliminated by us. You just need to sign this place here and you will be free to go. I won't be killing you," Macha told them. The Oaks faces got ashen after listening to her.

As they are an idiot, they immediately believed Macha without confirming anything.

"Do you promise?"

"Yes, I do."

Tango Oak quickly grabbed the quill and signed on the paper.

"Thank you," Macha roll up the contract and store it in the bag Luna.

"Now, can you free us? ARGGHHH!" Just when he was asking, multiple lines of slashes appear on his body.

"What is the meaning of this? You promised us that you will not kill us!" he demanded. The woman and the kid are scared shitless and could not say a word.

"Of course, I promised that I will not kill you. I didn't make that promise for others," Macha smiled.

With that, Keith and Luna tortured the Oaks for hours. Other knights also joined from time to time. Just when they are about to die, Luna reverses the time of their body and immediately heal them again. And then the torture resumes.

As for the servants inside the house, they had killed all of them aside from Luna's acquaintance and her sister.

With this, Macha's quest to conquer the Oak territory finished.

Near the end of this chapter seems rush but meh. It is still readable.

61