Chapter 16 : A Strange Dream
1.7k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We continued our journey after summoning Eugeo. On our way to the party, I taught Eugeo how to detect an Appraisal Skill and how to block it. But of course, I used that skill on him first.

[Name: Eugeo Synthesis Thirty-two]

[Level: 216]

[Mana Point: 4830/4830]

[Race: Human]

[Skills: Blue Rose Sword, Part Immortal (will not die of old age), Sword Arts, Sacred Arts]

To think that he still retains that 'Synthesis Thirty-two' part. And that part immortal part. Won't that be a problem? That means he will continue to live on even after I died, right? He might get lonely if that happens, right? Guess I'll just let him search for <Night Sky Sword> and try some methods to live in there. Of course, he can do that only after I died.

When I came back to the carriage together with Eugeo, only Yumil is vigilant against him. Luna and Uncle Li already knew that I was going to summon someone, and the coachman just ignores everything that happened around me. Because of Luna, Yumil doesn't question anything about a knight joining them on a journey. After Eugeo joining us, the carriage got full so, Uncle Li went outside and sit together with a coachman just like on our way to the capital city.

I must say Luna is proficient in whatever she is doing. Like, how she managed to bring out the tray of desserts without making the room cramped. And with her help, I learned the art of eating on the ever-moving carriage without making a single mess. Combining with the art of drinking tea without spilling a single drop, I can proudly say that I can eat and drink on any moving vehicle without making a mess.

Our journey toward the Zestina family's territory is uneventful. There aren't any bandits on the way. I was itching for some action but the actions I got were getting beaten up in Uncle Li's hand. Yes, I am still learning Bajiquan from Uncle Li even on our journey.

And I am now training Aincrad Style Sword Skill again as I was urged by Eugeo to study it. I still need to learn the One Hand Sword Style. Well, I am fairly good at dual-wielding. Kirito didn't forget to teach me his «Starburst Stream». I mean, why would I try to dual-wield when fighting that fallen angel if I don't know how to do it? I am not a retard to do something I had never done before.

Today is the 10th day of our journey and after my daily dose of getting beaten up by Uncle Li, we marched on toward the teleportation gate. Let me tell you a good thing when we arrived at the teleportation gate. This time, we were not extorted by the knights guarding it. I guess they knew that most of the people coming to the Zestina family's territory this time are nobles.

After arriving at the territory of the Zestina family, we had decided to find an inn to stay. It will be a day worth of trip from this town to the mansion of the Zestina family. Moreover, we are a week early for the ceremony. So, I ordered the coachman to take us to the most expensive inn in the town. Why not use the tax money I got from the people? Their money is my money, right?

After booking four rooms for us at the inn, we retreated into our respective rooms.

"Why are you staying in my room, Luna?" I asked her.

"So that I can serve you 24/7, Master," she replied like she did nothing wrong. No, she did nothing wrong, but it is the first time I am sleeping in the same room with Luna.

"You do know that you don't have to do that, right?" I asked another one.

"We are in the foreign territory, Master. I do not want the same situation as back in the territory of the Oak family again because I don't like it when someone insults you, Master," she replied that question with a straight face. Wow, I did not know that she is still suffering from something like this. She must have really hated it when that old butler of the Oak family treated her like my nanny.

*Knock* *Knock*

"My lord, this is Yumil," I heard Yumil calling me from behind the door.

Luna opened the door and Yumil came in. It is strange to see her in casual clothes because I got used to seeing her with her maid uniform.

"I apologize but I would like to ask for a day off tomorrow, my lord," she bowed 90 degrees and pleaded. Wait… did she really think that I am not going to give her any days off?

"The reason is?" I asked. I can just give her the day off, but I still want to know the reason for her asking for a day off suddenly.

"I want to visit my mother," she answered. I see… If I remembered it right, Yubel told me that her mother died when she was eight years old. I am guessing that she will be visiting her mother's grave.

"Sure, you can have a day off. Wait… you know what? I will be coming together with you. And as tomorrow is your day off, you can wear casual clothes instead of the maid uniform," I told her.

"But you are my master! I can't just take you into a slum!" she tried to refuse me but stopped midway.

"Will it be just the two of us, my lord?" she suddenly asked. Hmm? I wonder why. I turned my head toward Luna.

"I have something to do tomorrow with Mr. Li and Eugeo so, it will be just the two of you, Master," she replied as if she already knew what I was going to ask. And why is she nodding her head toward Yumil? Oh yea, she must have ordered Yumil to look over me. I do not know how she orders someone with just eyes, but I want to learn that skill.

"You heard her, Yumil. It will be just the two of us. Oh, wait… a pair of boys and girls going around the town, you can call this a date right, Luna?" I turned around and asked my most trusted maid.

"That is correct, Master," Luna agreed with me.

"And there you have it, Yumil. We will be going on a date after visiting your mother," I told her with a cheeky smile.

The main reason why I am going with her is that I want to take her to the place that sells the magic grimoires. I do not think Cecilia can teach Yumil because both are too busy to make more time for each other.

Wait… why did she run away without answering? Well, it must be weird to go on a date with a boy younger than her. Well, I do not blame her for that.

"I will be sleeping now, Luna. Good night," I yawned and fell asleep just like that. I don't know why but after reincarnated into this world, I fall asleep very fast.

Today again, I woke up with cold sweat covering my body. I don't know why but these days, I dreamed of a burning city. The strangest thing was that the city from my dream does not belong to this world. Why do I know that it doesn't belong to this world? Well, the biggest giveaway was the signboards around the city. They were written in English.

And I saw a red hair woman burning away the city with a manic grin on her face. And whenever I see her, sadness swells within my heart as if I had known her for a long time and I did something bad to her. It was at that moment I always wake up from my dream. When I woke up, I forgot everything about her and the only thing I remembered was her long red hair.

"Is something wrong, Master?" Luna immediately appeared beside my bed.

"It was nothing, Luna. I am fine. I was dreaming that dream again," I answered while taking the towel Luna offered to wipe away my sweat.

"Do you want me to call Miss Cecilia here, Master? I think she will be able to do something about it," Luna offered some advice. I know that she will be able to do something but… I don't want to forget those red hairs. I don't like the thought of not being to see that woman again.

"I am fine, Luna. Thank you for worrying about me," I gave her a small smile.

"If you say so, Master," Luna bowed and back down.

Now, the real challenge, for now, is what to wear for today's date?

I am very sorry for not updating past few days. I just arrived in my hometown. I am now trying to take a rest from all the things that happened during the last 6 months.

Chapter 01 of Azalia's side story is on my Pat reon.

And have you guys seen a new teaser from Honkai Impact 3rd? Our tuna is *lit*

46