Chapter 20 : Yubel Finally Reached the Conclusion
1.7k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is not the time to think about one of the bestest best friend material in the anime one could think of, Yubel! Think about that later! Your best friend is in trouble," Yubel thought as soon as she saw many people around them went silent after Urien's rude remark to the princess.

"How dare you try to talk to the princess—," one of the younger nobles surrounding them found an opportunity to impress the princess and he immediately took it. But before he could finish his self-righteous attempt to make a good impression on the princess, she immediately retorted at the one who called her a brat.

"Who are you calling a 'brat'? You idiotic monkey!" the princess walks toward Urien with giant strides.

"You are the only princess I know in this room. That makes me want to ask you something. Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?" Urien also walks toward the princess without caring about the looks from the surroundings.

"I am not stupid. You just can't understand my brilliance," the princess smirked.

"So, you are not stupid? Then I take it that you just have bad luck when you're thinking," the lord of Gregorios nodded sagely and stood in front of the princess.

*BAM!*

The two of them started headbutting each other while people from the surrounding gasped from the sight of it. They haven't seen a prim and proper princess acting like this before. She never talked with anyone more than necessary. Without caring what the people around them are thinking, the two brats started pushing their heads to see who could dominate the other.

"You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?" the princess said while pushing her head harder, making Urien back off a little.

"Remember when I asked for your suggestion? Me neither," the wannabe Evil Lord then put more force in pushing back the princess' head.

And then, the maid that came together with Urien thought that she had enough and pulled the two of the kids apart. "Master? Lady Ulah? I think this is enough of your bantering. People are watching," she said while pulling them up from the back of the neck of their outfit like she would hold the cats.

"He/She started it!" both of them responded at the same time. They then look at each other and, "Grrr," growl.

And then, the knight that came together with the Lord Gregorios walked near them and stopped beside the maid.

"Are they always like this?" he asked while Luna is putting down the kids.

"I had only seen them together for a day and yes, they were like this," Luna sighed and replied.

"Miss Luna, you can come to my side if you got tired of him. I will treat you better than him," Ulah tried to get Luna to her side.

"Hey! Don't try to poach other people's servants in front of them!" Urien yelled at the princess.

"I will have to decline, Lady Ulah. I am happy to serve my Master," Luna replied to the princess with a bow.

"Seriously, you are too good for him," Ulah sighed and looked around the people watching them. "Okay, there is nothing left to watch anymore,  the show is over," she made the people watching them spread out without letting them ask any questions.

"Urien! You can't talk to the princess like that!" Ulah turned around as she heard someone scolding the idiot and she was surprised that it was the daughter of the Zestina family herself.

"It's alright, Lady Zestina. I am sure an idiot like him won't understand something like that. No, wait. Calling him an idiot would be an insult to all the stupid people."

"Sorry for making you see that, Yubel. I am not insulting her. I am describing her. And you, brat! Light travels faster than sound which is why you seemed bright until you spoke," Urien apologized to Yubel first then immediately lash out at Ulah afterward.

"Wow, I had never seen Ulah lose her cool like that," they heard the voice coming from the side.

"Bright!" Ulah yelled and walked near him.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Bright Covan," the boy who arrived introduced himself first and held out his hand.

"The pleasure is mine. My name is Urien Gregorios," the Lord Gregorios grasped the hand and shook it. "And from the way she acted, you are her fiance, right? You have my sympathy for having a fiance like that. Don't worry and come to my territory. I will take you around for a drink," Urien then put both of his hands on the shoulder of the dark hair boy in front of him.

"Su-sure," the future hero nodded dumbfoundedly.

"No! Never go to his territory!" Ulah interjects from the side.

"Urien Gregorios… Oh! You are that Dragon Slayer! Can I have a duel with you later at this party? Preferably before the dance," Bright asked with an intense glint in his eyes. Yes, this 11-year-old child is a battle maniac.

"Oh god, he is a battle maniac!" and Urien also reached that conclusion.

"Sure, I would be glad!" he nodded as he can't deny a duel invited by the future hero in front of a large crowd. "I will lose my reputation if I deny this duel. I don't mind getting a bad reputation but I can't be seen as a coward to turn away from the duel," he thought.

"Great! I will go and inform the healers right away!"

"And~ he left just like that," Urien said.

"Sigh, he is always like that," Ulah just sighed as she got used to her fiance's antics.

"By the way, Urien. Don't you want to introduce me to your new knight?" Yubel asked him.

"Oh yea, I almost forgot. You haven't seen him, right? I found him lying near the big tree and hired him right then and there because he had nowhere to go," I answered.

"It is nice to meet you, Lady Yubel. My name is Eugeo. It is a pleasure to meet you," Eugeo bowed a little at Yubel. He is used to dealing with nobles in Sword Mastery Academy.

"He really is Eugeo! Wait, why is he with Urien?" Yubel thought.

"Sir Eugeo, may I know why you are lying near the tree? A knight like you shouldn't be homeless," she tried asking.

"Oh… I was fighting that crazy lady together with my friends and I blacked out for a bit. When I woke up, I was already near that giant tree. After looking around and not knowing what to do, I agreed to be hired as a knight by Lord Urien. Well, I still don't know why he would hire a knight apprentice like me," Eugeo replied.

"Yes, that is the cover we made for Eugeo. A knight of his caliber shouldn't be unknown. People will try and want to know things about him. The best cover for it is teleportation. We made others think that he got teleported from a faraway place, which is technically correct as he was summoned from a faraway place," Urien thought.

"I required a guard when coming to this party," Urien gave his reply to Eugeo.

"He is always like that. He likes to pick up people now and then," Yubel nodded at Eugeo.

"So, he didn't realize that he was dead?" Yubel thought.

"And… to think that a character from the other anime would cross over to this world. Wait… doesn't that mean…"

Yes~

"That means…"

Yes~

"I am inside a fanfiction!"

Oh for fuck sake. Deal with that on your own.

"If my knowledge of fanfictions from my previous life is correct, no wonder why Urien is still a noble! He is an MC! This must be a fanfiction where Urien still kept his noble title. No wonder important people are sticking near him! No wonder he met Eugeo right after his death! He got his protagonist aura! To reach such a conclusion… my genius is, it's almost frightening," she gave a pat on her back by herself in her mind for reaching such a conclusion.

Then, she was stunned. "Wait… is he a reincarnator? No, he isn't. If he is a reincarnator like me, he will abuse his future knowledge just like I am doing. And the way he acts is the same as Urien does in the game, so he is the same old Urien from the game. So, I must have reincarnated in an AU where Urien never became an adventurer," she thought.

She hoped that the writer of that fanfiction would not be a sadist and kill her just like in the game. "Wait… doesn't that mean I am going to deal with unknown threats from now on? Oh god…" her face became visibly pale after thinking that.

"Urien, please bless me with your protagonist aura," she silently prayed.

"Yubel, are you alright?" Urien asked his friend after seeing her gone silent.

"Oh! No, I am fine," she reassured him.

"If you say so," Urien nodded and proceeded to continue his banter with Ulah.

"Urien! The field is ready!" He heard Bright shouting from the field, so he walked down there.

"What are the rules?" Urien asked Bright after reaching the field.

"Hmm… we can stop after that doll break," the future hero replied.

"Sure," Urien nodded and pulled out a katana from his bag. Although he wanted to use his usual <Breathing of the Darkness>, he doesn't know anything about the boy in front of him aside from the fact that he was trained by a hero since young. So, he doesn't want to underestimate the raven hair boy standing at the front.

"Both fighters get ready," the referee readied the two.

"START!" and both the boys rushed at each other.

Updated this chapter at 5 in the morning. Wait... I think I am getting a pattern here. Plus, help... I haven't slept a wink yet.

And have you guys seen the new Honkai animated short? It was breathtaking!

48