Chapter 14 – I’m home hun!
168 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 - I’m home hun! 

 

As we got inside, the first thing I did was take off my skirt and peacekeeper vest, so now I'm just dressed in panties, knee socks and my hoodie. Right, gotta remember to go through our findings with Lilith later. 

"I'm home love!" I yelled. 

I heard stumbling and noises from upstairs. 

“Everything oka-” I stopped as Daeron ran down the stairs super fast and threw his arms around me, hugging me tight. 

“You’re okay!” he yelled as he squeezed me.

“Yees! ..my ear, don’t yell love.” I said and hugged him back best I could.

“This paper, the poison you sent me” He said, sounding quite concerned as he paused for a few seconds. 

“This is that cult you’ve stumbled on'' He let go and held me with his hands placed on each of my shoulders. 

“Yeaa, I read it, Pureblood Society right?” I replied, pouting with my face.

“Yes, they’re basically a country of these religious idiots, praying to the god of purity, Sithya '' 

I leaned my head to the left and put my finger on my lip as I thought for a bit.

 

“But, Sithya… Isn’t any pureblood crazy god? She just healed the land once, removing disease. And the lore I've read says she heals, purifies, removes disease where she goes.. She’s no fanatic” I said, sounding serious.He still held my shoulders and I stood there, head tilted with my eyes fixated on his ear for some reason while I was thinking.
“Yes I know, but, they twist it up and make up their own stories.. I’ll try to get my hands on a copy of their scripts for us.” he sighed, hugged me again, squeezing my arm as I was still standing in my thinking-mode. 

“I saw an altar, and pictures of a demonic spirit on the walls in their sanctum I found” I said. Hugged him back with one arm. 

“Hun, you're squeezing my arm a bit,” I moaned out as a reflex when he squeezed a bit much. He let go. 

“Oh sorry. Right.. Did you run into any demonic figure? Creature?…” he looked worried, his eyes screamed worried, sort of. You know what I mean if you’ve had a loved one that was really worried as they asked something, standing there gazing you down. An intense look, similar intensity to the look you give a hamburger when you haven’t eaten all day!

"..no, but there were some minor creations made with dark magical power.. Well, I'd say traces of darkness magic" I was worried too. You could hear it in my voice. Concern mixed with interest, I can’t help but to be very curious simultaneously on the dark magic. 

He mumbled "maybe.. Well, there aren't any known dark magic users in this town.. Except the head of combat-magic research and the overlord, but they're not that skilled in it..” He stroked his chin. “And Emin can draw forth some, your old teacher." he said as he looked deep in thought, stroking his chin.

"We'll figure it out as we go. Let's just call today a win and take tomorrow as it comes, we could all use rest." I said and smiled. 

“Of course, you're right, love. I sent over an analysis of the poison to Lilith as well, so they are preparing." He said, changing to a happier tone and smiling again. “Oh right!” He dug out something from his pocket storage, a tiny portal opened. I taught him storage magic, he thought it looked like the most useful thing ever with my storage I could open so we spent a lot of time on teaching him. And I mean a lot, we’ve been working on it since we met basically. It was a grind to get his Spatial School up to rank 5, but we did it and he unlocked Storage rank 1! Which was named “pocket”, as it’s size was like a small drawer or something.

 

-Explanation, Storage-

Some skills unlock at certain ranks in its associated school of magic. Like, Storage. An affinity could lower requirements or make it better than it usually is.

But Daeron had no affinity. 

Anyway, the first rank gave him a “Pocket” he can open at any time and store anything, freezing it in time. Storage functions by opening a portal to a dimension where time doesn’t move, so anything is suspended as it’s put into it. Which speaks for itself how handy and useful that can be for an alchemist. Or, Anyone. It’s useful and worth the grind.

Though, not everyone can unlock the pool of spatial magic. Daeron could. But it isn’t really a common thing.

 

-back to the story-

"I've got a new recipe I'm working on'' He said as he handed me a potion from his storage. Then proceeded to close it and moved towards the stairs. 

"i'm gonna keep on tweeking it, I'll be upstairs hun'' He made a kissing gesture at me and started to walk up the stairs.
“Hey, we got a guest by the way, I saved her in the sanctum!” I said a bit louder than average. “Oh, Welcome, There’s food in the fridge” he mumbled and disappeared upstairs. I heard him fiddling with something alchemy related up there. I looked at the potion. I guess i’ll store it for later.. I opened my storage and put it in.

 

I went over to the bed and laid down on my back. 

"you can sit down, lie down, undress, grab a coffee" i pointed at the Coffee maker and started it.

"or if you prefer tea I can summon a cup. I mean, just feel like home for now." I breathed out a deep breath. Oh right, maybe more space to sleep.

I put my hand on the couch and morphed it into a bed. 

"there you go!" I smiled at her, then laid down again, closing my eyes. 

“Coffee is fine, thanks!” She said happily, which I didn’t hear cause I was thinking about things.

 

Why are they moving in on us… why would fullblod amphibian and reptile people join up with those cultists.. They hate all the demihumans just as much.. 

I was thinking about today, and that didn't make much sense. Maybe they were just hired guards, since they are expendable in their eyes. Lured in. I know for a fact that that Pureblood fanatic nation they come from only see humans as real people, all else, halflings, beastmen, amphibimen, reptile-people and the others are considered below them and used as slaves. or worse. 

 

I rolled around on my belly. Looked at the wall. Then I moved around slowly, so I was facing the coffeemaker in the kitchen area. 

Emilia was sitting down drinking a cup. I guess she took a cup while I was thinking. She was still dressed in what we found her in. 

 

"Do you want some new clothes?" I asked and got up from bed. 

"It's okay," she said. I opened my storage, took a knee long red dress, it had a bit of cleavage but, hey, Yuna made it. I had to nag her for an hour to make it knee length. I walked over to her, closing my storage. She looked surprised, her jaw dropped when I just opened a portal and pulled out a dress. 

"Take this." I said and handed it to her. 

"Did.. What did.. Did you.." she mumbled. 

 

Of course. Not everyone's seen storage magic before, since it's kinda in the time and space category of magic it is quite rare. There are a few teachers who can use it at the school though, but theirs is very limited compared to mine. They were amazed by how I just effortly used it as well back when I went there. One teacher even challenged me to a duel out of jealousy, or forced me into a duel arena and attacked me. I won, of course. 

Can understand how you get a bit crushed when a kid shows up and just does what you've been training to achieve for a hundred years and she does it a thousand times better, without effort and without even realising how complex and rare it is. 

She kinda snapped and didn't teach for a year after that. 

 

"It's just a magical storage, here, it's enchanted to keep you warm at all times and enhance your physical capabilities." and it also made magical spells more precise, but that doesn't matter much to her i guess, I can't sense much magic force in her.

"but, it won't fit with my shell.." she said, looking embarrassed, blushing as she held it up in front of herself.

"oh, sorry, one second" I held out my hand and analyzed her body, then focused some energy on the dress remodeling its shape.

"there! Now there's a hole for the shell, it's quite flexible material so it should work I think" 

Or, now it’s more flexible. Added a stretch spell so it can't break. She reached out and took it.

"Thanks, a lot." she said and bowed her head. 

"You can change here, I can wash or get rid of your old clothes for you." 

I stood there and waited… 

She looked at me for a few seconds.. Then said "umh.. Could you.." a bit embarrassed.
"could.. What?" I said, leaned my head to the left a bit and looked confused. 

"Could you please turn around or something.." she said quietly, her face blushing. 

"ooh, right" I slapped my forehead. 

"I'm so used to Yuna.. I'll turn around" I turned and giggled a bit. 

 

Damn, sometimes I'm thick as a dragon's skin when it comes to social cues. I looked at my feet a bit thinking, feet sure don't look very good. Kinda wished I had gotten paws.. Wait.. I could magically change that perhaps.. 

And after I'd been standing there thinking, looking at my feet for about 30 seconds she said 

"Done! Thanks again for the dress and all the help." I turned around and she was bowing her head again. 

I laughed. 

"Don't worry about it!" I smiled. The dress fit her perfectly. Slim fit I guess, maybe should've asked before what she prefers but oh well. 

I took her old clothes. 

"want me to-" she interrupted me, 

"Get rid of them.. It's just a bad memory attached to them now.." 

I snapped my fingers and they turned to ash that then disappeared into nothing. 

"Done!" I looked over at the fridge. Pointed at it. 

"Take something to eat, just grab anything" I said. she shook her head, 

"Thanks a lot, but I don’t need-" I interrupted her
“Take something to eat, you need it” I said gazing at her, making as serious a face as I could muster.. 

“Okay then, thanks a ton!” she said and bowed. 

Then she walked over and looked in the fridge. 

I poured up two coffees and went towards the stairs 

"just going up to check on.. My husband" I saw her grab a sandwich, BLT Daeron had made earlier. And guess that's easier than just saying a name she doesn't know. Then I walked upstairs. 

 

I put down a cup beside Daeron. 

"Hi there, how's it going?" I asked. 

"thanks! It's going forward.. Just gotta get it spot on you know. Perfect amount of all the ingredients." he fiddled with something, a powder he carefully added to a jar, he had at least 20 bottles standing on one side of the work area looking exactly the same and was adding something to one bottle at the moment.

"Juust tweeking-work. You can go to bed darling." he said.
“Okay love, come down soon.” I said and kissed him on his cheek.

 

I heard the door open, it must be Yuna. She's a tad late though. I went downstairs.

"Nana!!" I heard her yell.

"Nanaaa!!"

"Yes I'm here Yuna" I waved and smiled, leaning my head to the left as I went down the stairs towards her. 

She hugged me when I got down the stairs. 

"I'm so glad you're safe." she said, sounding serious. 

"Herod filled us in at work. We had a meeting. I've been fixing armour with Daerons analysis of the poison and some darkness protection woven into that for prep before they clear the next sanctum out. That's why I'm late. I heard you were fine but" she paused to breathe, panting, as she spoke quicker than.. Well, super fast..

She does that from time to time. 

"but I just couldn’t wait to see you being fine for myself and bring you the new clothes I made for you." She hugged me harder and shoved her head between my boobs. 

"Your clothes are in the bag by the door." she mumbled into my boobs, then gave my butt a squeeze.

"Let's eat something shall we hun?" I said and petted her head. Sigh.
she nodded into my boobs. I sighed again and patted her head, again. Took her hand off my ass and held it and led her to a chair at the table. 

"there's BLTs prepped, I can heat up with cheese or just as is?" I said as I walked to the fridge. 

"oh, who's this?" Yuna asked. 

6