Chapter 37 – Father
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37 – Father

---somewhere up in space, from the individual with the black pestilence mask's perspective---

The globe looks so nice from here. Yup. 

I took a bite of the apple I had with me. I phased it through my mask of course. I never remove it anymore out of principle. And Apples. Such a nice thing. Lovely even. 

"You have to appreciate the little things." I mumbled as I'd swallowed my bite. And apples, which was probably pure fucking coincidence they even came into existence, like everything else, are for sure one of the things these humans perfected when they found them. With some time and genetic manipulation, and… "Tadaa, this lovely green sour delicacy!" I mumbled and took a bite. Just a dice roll and poof. A creation of coincidence that someone got the idea to manipulate into this perfect thing. 

Yes, apples as they are today, gotta give that credit to humanity. 

Well, I know he created the planet, but he's created many planets. Not that many that actually sprouted life. No, this is a special one indeed. It's insane how long it's survived to. 

I really thought it was done for, for sure, about a thousand years ago during the war. But, they managed to turn it around somehow, forming the world government that calls themselves world saints, the founders I mean. 

"Then they cover their whole fucking crusade up, deleting history." I mumbled and took a bite again. That took a lot of slaughter and manipulation. 

Pretty damn interesting planet indeed. Probably my favourite. Well, the fairies planet is maybe tied with this one in that aspect. But it's another dimension. Nah, in this dimension, this is my favourite planet for sure. 

I took another bite of my apple. A green sour one. That's the kind I really love. These only exist here too. Which is one more reason this is my favourite. And that girl. 

 

I created a bunch of daemons and gave them all a mask like mine in a different color. All enchanted of course. 

 

Mine was mostly for decorative purposes. And people throughout the lands have come to know me by it. A man appearing with a pestilence mask out of a black cloud or smoke. He is death incarnate. He is a god, blabla. I laughed at the thought. Well, that's what some say. 

Huh. I guess I should call a meeting with my creations. 

That guy, Daimon. He sure is an interesting fellow. He taught me some stuff I actually didn't know, allowing me to create my, well, agents of my amusement. Agents of creating something entertaining for me. 

These so-called daemons of his. Sure took him a while to perfect but, useful, fun, intriguing. Aaa, how a human can be that interesting. 

 

I teleported into a room. It had a long table with 5 chairs. A 6-pack of bottled water stood in the center. The walls, black, roof white, floor of some nicer wood in a dark brown color. The table itself looked like it had been handmade by a very skilled craftsman, decorated along its borders with different obscure things. Really robust too. 

 

I scratched my head and took another bite of my apple. "Did I really buy citrus? Could've sworn I grabbed neutral fizzy… Oh well." I opened a portal, looking like a pitch black disk that somehow bent the light in the area. I threw the apple into it. When the apple got close it looked like it was crushed against it and suctioned inside. Then I closed it. 

"ahh well. Let's fuck with them a bit, ihe ihe." I clapped my hands together with joy as I said it.

 

---A moment later---

Meeting of the masks

---From the blue pestilence masked individuals perspective---

 

I got the alert, father has summoned us for a meeting. It appeared in my field of view. 'you are to Immediately teleport to the meeting room. /Father'. I gazed down at the town of Iceshaft and sighed where I stood on a cloud that is in a matching color, blue, high above the town. I use it for travelling, as I like sitting on it gazing down from above while I move through the air. Even though I do know how to teleport. It just ain't the same. 

So I opened a portal and walked through. 

I entered a room simultaneously as 3 others, my brothers. I took a seat and sat down, same as the others. Father was at the end of the table. 

"Yes, so why did you call us together?" the one in the green mask asked. 

"Well, I was just a bit curious about what you were up to my children. Can't a father be worried? Ihe Ihe Ihe." the laugh, so annoying. I swear, that guy calling himself father is so fucked. Wonder why he even gave us life. And forces us to wear the masks. I guess its his signature but still. 

I scratched my head. My long dreads got tangled up around my hand. I have these dreads, reaching down to my waist. Sort of like my babies I take care of. 

" Well, you've been quite busy Green one, taking command of a country and all, Ihe ihe" his aura, he seemed happy. 

"Father, is it really right of him to create something that, hateful? It's just the enslavement and slaughter of innocent people. He's not doing… Well, more than spreading pure hate!" I slammed the table as I finished. 

"Hey, of course humans are the pure ones, others of these beastly races, they're just filth!" green stood up. So was both me and white about to do as well but father poked with his finger towards the green one and green was slammed back in his seat. We sat our asses back down quick. We'd just lifted them maybe a cm. 

"I don't judge you and your purity-racism-crusade or whatever the fuck it is." Father gazed at the green one for a few seconds in silence. He was a man wielding death as his puppet, having him gaze at you in silence is terrifying. Especially when you're not sure if he's mad or not. He's usually neutral or happy though. 

"And If you others don't like it," he pointed out at us with a swinging motion "feel free to attack his dumbass nation." we looked at each other. I looked at red and white. They looked back as if wondering, should we? I nodded at them. We looked back at father as he spoke. 

"Everything's chaos in the world and nothing has a meaning. There is no right or wrong." he sat down, he kept fiddling with his death orb now with both hands, which he'd kept with one hand all along. He seemed to be shaping it into a figure. "There is no evil or good. There is only… chaos. I created you for the purpose of throwing a wrench into the cogs of the world that is chaos, to see what happened. What if I throw in a wrench that's equal in power to a walking fucking natural disaster, that should turn out to be fun, right?!" he put the figure on the table and yelled "RIGHT?!" we all nodded, then he laughed his weird laugh… "IHE IHE IHE!... erhm, ihe. Well, that was my thinking. 

In a world that's meaningless and pointless. And chaos rules. Create your own fun. " he said. "Try to beat chaos…" he mumbled. 

The figure resembled a winged girl with foxears. Half side black, half side white. Also I think a foxtail that was 3 meters in length. It oozed of magic as death energy didn't seem to be the most stable. But father made something to keep it in check somehow. 

Then he pulled out a new orb.

And now Father held the other orb made out of death energy in his hand which he gazed at intensely. A dark mist seeping out of the orb. Death in its liquid state. He threw it up, letting it expand. And it expanded rapidly. When it had reached the roof tendrils had shot out aimed at all of us but then he vacuumed it down back into his palm, and as he did it was compressed again. 

He again intensely gazed at it for a moment. 

"Well, that's… that's what I thought… my reasoning for creating you…" he said like he was trying to convince himself it was in fact a good idea. 

He fiddled with his new death orb. This one looked slightly different in color to the last one. Like a blind man's eye. White, like it was a smokey liquid which surrounded its pale light blue core, making it look as if it was an iris of an eye with the white around it. Why a different color? I don't know. Probably because he can, I suppose. It had the exact same powerful aura, it emitted power that was... Scary, to put it simple as I fucking can. And I can create tsunamis if I want effortlessly, and I still think its scary. 

He started to mold the death orb into different shapes. Or maybe the energy just tried to escape his grasp. Or maybe it was both. Death energy is said to be impossible to harness, much less keep control over for extended periods of time. Which made him just so much more impressive. The best of the best that can use a small amount of death energy, they usually throws it or consumes it for its intended purpose as quickly as possible. If you're not careful it's not only mana it will drain. It will drain your life! Your actual life force, and literally scrapes years off of you. Hence, why so few in existence can use it. 

 

"When you're as old as me…" he started talking again. Then taking a few seconds break, coughing twice. "as powerful as me…" he compressed the death orb into the size of a grape. "Many things lose meaning." he lifted up his mask. We all looked away out of respect, and fear… only catching a small glimpse of it. What would happen if we stared directly into his eyes without a mask on? Well, it's only a scary story we tell each other for fun and to Daimon's mercenaries when we work with them. We don't actually know that anything would happen. If we were to… see… 

"What should I do…" he ate the Now grape sized death energy. I heard a sound that sounded like several bones cracking and like screams of children, women & men. It was the most horrifyingly disturbing sound I'd ever heard. Is this how all death energy sounds if eaten? Or is he using… souls? I've heard tales of soulmagic but. It's supposed to be impossible. Well… a fairy tale… 

"I'll outlive everyone. So of course, throwing wrenches into cogs, sometimes helping out interesting characters." father corrected his mask. That's my way of entertainment." we slowly sat back up normally. 

 

We sat around the handcrafted long dark colored wooden-table, with father, the doctor of death, at the end-side. He sat leaned back now with his feet up on the table, playing with a new ball of death magic which he threw up and caught over and over. He was a terrifying person for sure, if he even were a person. We had at some points gathered and discussed it, me and my brothers. If he was something more perhaps. 

 

The green one cleared his throat. Father slowly turned his gaze towards him. Still throwing the ball into the air and catching it. 

"Well, yes. I've gained complete control over Debonajrak with the pureblood society which I founded, father." He spoke calmly where he sat with proper posture. He was probably the strongest, except me. Well, purely from a destructive viewpoint he was the strongest. But when it came to magic that wasn't just destruction, the green one was not very reliable. 

 

"Right right, well done indeed. Its going to be fun for sure ihe ihe ihe" Father stopped the ball throwing, slammed the desk and stood up. A black cloud came out of his hand as he slammed the table. Both the white mask and the red one jumped a bit as his hand hit the table. I sighed. The green one didn't move a muscle. Wait, where did his death orb go? I stopped breathing a second. Then relaxed as I saw it safe in his other hand. Now in the form of a stick which he passed from thumb to the little finger and back again, like a drumstick. I took a deep breath. 

"sooo, what's the point of us gathering?" I asked, clearly annoyed. He always does the weirdest things. 

"Well, my daughter, I've got my eye on a girl… She's half demon and half Celestial elf… ihe ihe ihe" he walked around the table slowly. 

So he found a nephilim… Okay. Hum. Isn't that-

"Wait, are you talking about the test subject?" the green one yelled out in an angry tone. He sounds like an old grumpy guy, even though he still has a younger voice. So, a grumpy younger man's voice I guess? Well, we are all quite old to be fair. I don't really count the years anymore, I stopped after 200. 

"I thought she was just a mortal!?" the green one yelled out. 

"ihe ihe ihe ihe!" father laughed as he kept walking slowly around the table. "C’mon, father" the green one slammed the table. Father stopped and gazed at him while fiddling with his fingers with some energy he had brought forth. It formed snakelike shapes around his arm. Returned to a ball and repeated. Purple and red. Then a black ball. 

"What is it brother? Afraid your hateful ideas are wrong?" I said snarkily and then giggled. He sneezed at me. "Silence sister!.." Then turned his gaze back to father. I shook my head and sighed. 

"don't back this, nephilim! She's a threat to all that-" father did a slapping motion and the green one was smacked back in his seat. "tsk" 

"Silence, dumbass, I'm not backing anyone." 

It got very silent a moment. Until Father started laughing again. "Ihe ihe ihe, well." he made the energy he'd been fiddling with into a ball and threw it up into the air. 

"I just find her, very interesting…" the ball of death energy exploded, much like a firework. It looked very beautiful. Talk about a waste, using the element of actual fucking death to make a firework indoors. I wonder if he's gone mad sometimes. 

"I think she might be worthy" Father said then started floating in the air in a sitting position. "proceed with the plan Morbus." father slowly hovered back to his seat and sat down. "Yes father." the green one replied. "Let Daimon's mercenaries fight her…" father mumbled. 

"I believe you got Sithran, Rimran and Nija in place, yes?" father said and looked at Morbus, as the green one had been named by father. We each had our names we'd been given. Though Morbus had chosen to use a different name in the mortal realm. 

"Yes father, they should be in position awaiting her at the castle" Morbus bowed his head. 

"good, good.. Ihe ihe ihe. I can't wait to see how she does against the fighters Daimon provided. Ihe ihe ihe"

 "Yes father, it shall be interesting indeed." Morbus sounded terribly irritated, but of course ultimately obeyed fathers wishes always. But Father of course ignored the clear irritation in his voice. 

 "ihe ihe, you may go, Morbus." the green one bowed and disappeared through a portal made up out of a green smoke. Or, I mean, Morbus, as father named him. Right. 

"I don't get why he made up that silly name among the mortals… pft… Erust'jrak… I gave him a perfectly good name didn't I?" he directed his gaze at me. I nodded in agreement. "Indeed Father" I said. Father turned around after he got confirmation from me that, yes, his name choice was good. 

"It literally means disease! I mean, c'mon, no fucking gratitude." he sneezed. 

"Kids…" he then mumbled annoyed. 

Me and my brother gazed at each other a moment. Their gazes were clear. C'mon sister, ask him. I sighed and spoke. 

"Father… why did you call us other masks here? What's the real reason?" he turned around again and looked at me. 

"Well, I want each of you to do something of course."

1